Free Agent Frenzy

dlbalr

Sekac is interesting...potentially a significant addition to our pool of defensive prospects. But people have a chronic tendency to overrate players they've never seen. I'll reserve judgement until he's actually played some games in North America.

Weaver: good move.

I still fear that we have downgraded on the back end in the short-term.

i think we signed a LOT of depth players and seemed to have used up all of the savings from Gorges and still haven't made any significant signings (i.e. top 6).

Someone can tell me how much money we have now?

Not sure but Bergevin is actually doing good cap management right now. He replaced Gorges with 2 bodies for just 700k more and added Malhotra for probably a bargain deal to play 4th C.

Guest Stogey24

i think we signed a LOT of depth players and seemed to have used up all of the savings from Gorges and still haven't made any significant signings (i.e. top 6).

exactly. Why use that savings on Gorges to resign Weaver who is barely a bottom 6 d-man

Dave Bolland ? over 5M/year ?

LOL Florida were all year bragging about the UFAs they were going to sign. WTF! I hope they have something else

Dale Tallon will probably go down in history as one of the top 5 worst GM's ever - a list that will through the end of time have Milbury on top.

exactly. Why use that savings on Gorges to resign Weaver who is barely a bottom 6 d-man

This is the way MB thinks. That reminds me of Cole for Ryder, then Briere. I don't see a better back end with Weaver and Gilbert. Is there something i'm missing about the past two years of Florida Panther's defensemen?

anyone else surprised to see that Vanek is still available 75 minutes into the free agent frenzy???

has minny signed anyone yet?? Still have Vanek and Moulson available.

anyone else surprised to see that Vanek is still available 75 minutes into the free agent frenzy???

That's exactly what i was thinking - both Vanek and Moulson still available. i don't remember hearing Minny signing anyone yet.

Iginla is still there too.

How about those Dallas Stars. Now THERE is a 1-2 punch down the middle.

Ottawa looks like the joke they deserve to be. Take that ya fat bug-eyed walrus.

Please tell me Therrien's bum-buddy isn't coming back. If he is, we can kiss goodbye to Serkac, Beaulieu or Tinordi having any shot at meaningful ice-time.

Be nice to sign Iggy, but where's the cap space?

I don't like what we've done to our D, replacing Gorges with a crush of seemingly-inferior players. Zoot Suit is clearly of the Cap Management school - no doubt this will win him brownie points around here, but I never thought an overpaid player or two was the end of the world.

how the hell did Gionta get that much money????? that's insane!!

That's up there with the Pouliot signing for stupidest move of the day...but at least Gio will bring it every night.

EDIT: new captain? Pleks. Book it.

with the cap room we cleared, and the depth at centre, i can see Pleks being moved.

for the love of god...please NOOOOOO!!!!

+ 1 trillion to no to the cube!