Training Camp Thread

dlbalr

Totally agree, Pateryn looked like the most NHL ready, at least in terms of a balanced game, nothing spectacular, but solid all round for the most part.

Yeah I am pretty surprised that he was cut.

But, likely Pateryn told to go play big minutes in AHL instead of being 7th d, get nastier grittier, mentor Bennett and the rest of kids on d, most NHL teams utilize 10+ d-men in a year and if play well a call up will happen.

I would rather see Bouillon in pressbox than Tinordi-Pateryn stuck there just practicing.

Have to say, I predicted JT and NB would be on the team and Drewski in Hamilton, but I am frankly shocked that Boullion is still on the bubble and Patern is in Hamilon. I think Frankie B's role is to pressure the rookies for the job... and I expect JT and NB to render him irrelevant :pray:

Most of us agree Pmac :thumbs_up:

Tinordi has been getting more confident, this weekend I hope he secures a spot, at least for a while to see if he can play steady at this level, we need that physical guy... Beaulieu has got to be a shoe in by now, he's looked awesome in camp ya ask me... I'd love to see Weaver be #7, because these two are so good .... :halm:

But, likely Pateryn told to go play big minutes in AHL instead of being 7th d, get nastier grittier, mentor Bennett and the rest of kids on d, most NHL teams utilize 10+ d-men in a year and if play well a call up will happen.

I would rather see Bouillon in pressbox than Tinordi-Pateryn stuck there just practicing.

Ok Don what are they practising in the in the press box. HMM maybe I don't want to know :)

I really hope that this franchise is getting away from Bouillon-types. Guys like Mathieu Darche who are teacher's pets and token francophones that you would swear are locker room rats because there's no other explanation for them to be included.

You are rather offensive in your commentary. This is hockey, a game. Why being so frustrated?

Lmfao ^.

Hope Training Camp and last night's game has proven there is no way we can afford to keep Budaj over Tokarski, and we can't afford to NOT invest in a legit scrapper/hitter up front...

Beaulieu was our best defenseman on the ice last night, Subban our worst, so go figure that we don't give Tinordi a chance to make some mistakes to learn his way at this level.

Need some muscle, and I can see it coming via trade....

The fact we get to enjoy debating which of our young d should make this team makes me giddy. Depth. Drafting d and waiting dividends takes time, but paying off now. This teams long term plan is starting to show.

Thanks for all the effort over the years F.B. but it is now time to bring in the youth.

well they did not waste any time. So 3 more to go. these are really the interesting ones.

And the next 3 cuts will be ..................De la rose just not quite there yet..................Jarrod Tinordi.........same thing...................... Peter Budaij ..sorry buddy it's over.

Sorry I hit quote instead of edit.

And the next 3 cuts will be ..................De la rose just not quite there yet..................Jarrod Tinordi.........same thing...................... Peter Budaij ..sorry buddy it's over.

Sorry I hit quote instead of edit.

I disagree a bit.

de la Rose, of course.

Moen traded/waived.

Tokarski and Budaj both stay up for a month while Bergevin tries to make a trade happen.

Bouillon released, Tinordi stays up... unless Bergevin claims another defenseman on waivers.

I disagree a bit.

de la Rose, of course.

Moen traded/waived.

Tokarski and Budaj both stay up for a month while Bergevin tries to make a trade happen.

Bouillon released, Tinordi stays up... unless Bergevin claims another defenseman on waivers.

Well we shall see, possibly today more than likely tomorrow.

Trizzak:

You are about 50% right at the mo. Budaj was traded and DLR will be sent down as it certain that Eller and PAP are good to go for Wednesday.

I do agree that Moen is a candidate to be traded, but I don't see it happening anytime soon and I also expect Tinordi to stick in MTL

Trizzak:

You are about 50% right at the mo. Budaj was traded and DLR will be sent down as it certain that Eller and PAP are good to go for Wednesday.

I do agree that Moen is a candidate to be traded, but I don't see it happening anytime soon and I also expect Tinordi to stick in MTL

The way I see it I am 2/3 right at the moment. Budaj is gone and DLR is cut. If Tinordi gets cut I am 100% right. :)

• Upvote 1

The way I see it I am 2/3 right at the moment. Budaj is gone and DLR is cut. If Tinordi gets cut I am 100% right. :)

Yeah, I was basing my scenario on there being no market for goalies right now. I am happy to be proven wrong?

Only way I want Tinordi cut is if another defenseman is traded for/picked off waivers. Please no Bouillon. It's getting sad.

Yeah, I was basing my scenario on there being no market for goalies right now. I am happy to be proven wrong?

Only way I want Tinordi cut is if another defenseman is traded for/picked off waivers. Please no Bouillon. It's getting sad.

Yeah it would be nice I think to move on past Frankie, a guy with a lot of heart and character but lacking in speed and skill.

There are a couple of interesting possible #7 guys on waivers today. Claiming one is my preferred scenario here. I think Tinordi needs some time in the minors, even if it's just to get some confidence back.

Who do you see as good candidates for the # 7?

Off of today's crew:

Keith Aulie (EDM)

Mike Kostka (NYR)

TJ Brennan (CHI) - major offensive guy in the minors

Keaton Ellerby (WPG)

Even Steven Kampfer (NYR) would be a passable short-term #7 plug if the plan was to give Tinordi just a few weeks before bringing him back.

There should be a few decent ones on waivers tomorrow. I'm not looking at the training camp battles to see who those might be but I'm sure management is on top of that if they're pondering a claim.

Off of today's crew:

Keith Aulie (EDM)

Mike Kostka (NYR)

TJ Brennan (CHI) - major offensive guy in the minors

Keaton Ellerby (WPG)

Even Steven Kampfer (NYR) would be a passable short-term #7 plug if the plan was to give Tinordi just a few weeks before bringing him back.

There should be a few decent ones on waivers tomorrow. I'm not looking at the training camp battles to see who those might be but I'm sure management is on top of that if they're pondering a claim.

Is there someplace that posts the waivers or is that top secret stuff?