Oct. 11, Bulldogs vs Americans, 7 PM

dlbalr

Year 3 of the Sylvain Lefebvre era gets underway tonight as the Bulldogs travel to Rochester to take on the Americans (1-0-0-0).

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Tangradi - Andrighetto - Bowman

Sorkin - Hensick - Thomas

Macenauer - Dowell - Dumont

Carr - de la Rose - Hudon

Drewiske - Pateryn

Bennett - Nygren

Finley - Dietz

MacDonald

-r105032%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

(based on +/- data from last game)

Adam - Larsson - Varone

Dalpe - Grigorenko - Samuels-Thomas

Ellis - Schaller - Carrier

Armia - Catenacci - Aliu

Bagnall - Ruhwedel

MacKenzie - Austin

Shamanski - Leduc

Lieuwen

Puck drop is at 7:05 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Nice looking 4th line.

Truthfully, I don't know the order of the lines. That line may be higher for all we know.

Do you guys think the Dogs will have a better season/lineup this year?

They can't be much worse. Bowman/Tangradi give them two veterans who can play which will allow the youngsters to start in lesser roles (it's about time that happened). I'm not sold that they're a guaranteed playoff team as a lot of fans elsewhere seem to think though. That said, they should be playing meaningful games in March (at least) which is a step up on the last two seasons.

There was a major incident in yesterday's Rochester game as a result of Trevor Gillies cheapshotting William Carrier after the latter didn't want to fight (expect a lengthy suspension for Gillies). That led to a near line brawl and many ejections. There's one suspended Amerk for sure - D Nick Petrecki - while there could be more forthcoming.

Well, with Thrower, Crisp, Fournier, Nevins all sidelined the dogs may be a bit weakish in grit at present.

So hopefully wont carry over, as Dumont, Dietz and Finley are bout it for willing combatants eh.

Pateryn will...but not in his nature it seems.

But that is 3 d-men who will mix it up and only 1 small forward (Captain Dumont) who will.

I know likely don't matter and wont be a fight fest, just seems funny all tough guys out at same time. However if game got to say....7 to 1 or some kind of blowout then crap shenanigans seems to happen.

Captain top shelf backhand goal, 2 minutes left. 4-4

sweet set up from Maxime M they said

Hudon to -Carr score on very next shift!!!! cool 5-4

(Hudon 2 or 3 points and Nygren with couple a

Bowman gets EN goal :hyper:

Hudon & Carr look like they did in pre-season and were 3rd and 1st star for good reason.

Nygren 2a and a post, also off to good start.

de la Rose had failed SH breakaway chance to get 1st goal, but at least picked up assist in 1st game.

I think Sorkin could have a good year and HabFans will be happy he is > 6'

Dumont took 2 dumb penalties but had sweet goal

Macdonald played OK, even with poor save%.

so good start

Dudley interviewed and said they are really hoping Hudon will help atrocious PP of last 2 years and they moved Andrighetto to centre because he is too skilled to be on wing.

(he also got creepy when asked about choice of 4 'A's on Habs, .."we did that in Atlanta also", which I wouldn't brag about anything from that failed franchise)