Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - P-A Parenteau
Brandon Prust - Manny Malhotra - Michael Bournival

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Alexei Emelin - Tom Gilbert
Nathan Beaulieu - Mike Weaver

Carey Price
Dustin Tokarski

Injuries: Stefan Fournier, Jeremy Gregoire, Dalton Thrower (all SOIR)

Scratches: Travis Moen, Jiri Sekac, Jarred Tinordi

Team Leaders Chicago Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Toews (4) Pacioretty/Plekanec (5) Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST
Assists Saad (6) Emelin (6) National TV: N/A
Points 3 tied with (8) Pacioretty/Plekanec (9) Regional TV: RDS, SNE, CSN-CH
PIMS Hjalmarsson (12) Subban (20) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Keith (+3) Desharnais/Pacioretty (+7) French Radio: FM 98.5

For those so concerned with Habs bottom six and want 3rd line traded/upgraded, don't feel too bad could be worse;

Hawks 3rd line 9points, Habs 3rd line 10points.

Guest Stogey24

For those so concerned with Habs bottom six and want 3rd line traded/upgraded, don't feel too bad could be worse;

Hawks 3rd line 9points, Habs 3rd line 10points.

Hawks third line is getting like half the salary the Habs third is

I'm sure if price pitches a shutout and can score a couple of goals they should win no problem.

Yeah Carey has not been scoring many goals lately, Mt better have a chat with him. We expect some goal scoring out of a 6+ million dollar guy. :scared:

:gohabsgo: :gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

• Upvote 1

Saad on the Blackhawks fourth line. What I'd give to get him in the CH.

Also, look at the Blackhawks second line troubles. Richards has been awful and Shaw is just a stop gap. They have zero second line center options right now.

They're rotating line combos just as much as the Habs are. In fact, they've all changed again today, Saad's now back on the 3rd line.

What did Sekac do so wrong that dropped him down the depth chart so much

Good question...I've been wondering the same thing. How much does Bourque have to suck before Sekac gets his spot?!

Follow-up question: How long until Sekac gets fed up and wants to bolt for the KHL?

Maybe Sekac is injured? Who knows... Just win tonight. GHG

he is a healthy scratch taking part in contact practice.

moen is out bournival is in.

practically all fans called for the move after moens first game. therrien is slow but he almost always catches on.

now put the rookie d with markov and leave him there. duh

must give credit where credit is due. Therrien was surprisingly positive after the loss at home to the flames. after mondays practice stated that no one is panicking. But more to the point did not throw anybody under the bus, or imply fault with any players. Subban may have had his worst game as a hab and mt did not point mention it. Unlike the past.

Hawks will be a huge test. I'm sure they will look at what other teams (flames/oil) are doing to beat the habs and exploit that. Canadiens are fragile and if the hawks get the jump on them early like most teams....... See if the boys can stop the rumour that they are not ready to play when the opening face off puck drops.

Is a game alright, not sure big or tiny, likely depending on personal outlook.

I say is one of 82 and still need another 80-85points to get to the real season.

But, if win, I know we will hear "shouldn't of won, were outplayed" or "only won because of Price" and if lose will be "see I told ya, they suck"

Is a game alright, not sure big or tiny, likely depending on personal outlook.

I say is one of 82 and still need another 80-85points to get to the real season.

But, if win, I know we will hear "shouldn't of won, were outplayed" or "only won because of Price" and if lose will be "see I told ya, they suck"

if they play well, score some goals and get more shots than have been getting lately...............nobody will say any of that. i know i wont

if they play well, score some goals and get more shots than have been getting lately...............nobody will say any of that. i know i wont

Same here. Credit where credit is due if they play well. If they stumble into OT after taking 15 shots and surrendering 40 though.. They're just getting off lucky like in Calgary

Last year I heard couldnt keep winning becasue no possession, but was total BS and then no way could come back in series and beat Big Bad Bruins, which also was BS.

A win is fine by me, seemingly lucky or not, who really cares in the end.

Is an injury to key player due to luck? then Rangers were lucky it wasnt thier goalie who got ran over and knocked out of series, no?

Last year I heard couldnt keep winning becasue no possession, but was total BS and then no way could come back in series and beat Big Bad Bruins, which also was BS.

Is an injury to key player due to luck? then Rangers were lucky it wasnt thier goalie who got ran over and knocked out of series, no?

game 6 they they were shut out and created a whopping 2 scoring chances...............price or no price you cant win if you dont score a goal in the biggest game of your season

the kid in net held them to one goal, he did his job and then some.

The issue is that luck isn't stable. A team doesn't win 40 games a year because the opponent scored a goal on their own net, but sure it could happen once or twice. Solid team play and strong possesion however can be stable.

Can you really say you wouldn't prefer to win by outshooting the opponent 40-20 and score 5 goals than winning on lucky breaks after getting clearly outplayed?

Like you Don, I will take a lucky win, sure. But it doesn't mean I want them to win that way because it doesn't bode well for the future.

To be honest I really liked Sekac's play when he was on the ice. Sure as hell saw him do a lot more than I've seen Bourque so far, if I've even seen Bourque in games.

Not to mention Sekac is getting used to the North American game. How can he get accustomed to it not in the lineup?

I have no idea how playing him over Bourque can be seen as a negative. I think its logical to assume that Sekac will get better as he gets used to NA.