5 reasons our future is bright for years to come

REV-G

I can't believe Therrien is getting this much crap. He has .700 record this season and has averaged a .635 winning record since joining the habs. Not many other coaches can boast those kind of numbers over the past 2 years.

Therrien is NOT the problem!

Didnt Carbs have numbers similar to that?

How about the Pens coach from last season...........how was his record? If it was ALL about numbers Bylsma would be coaching the pens and Julien would never would have been fired from Montreal. How were Venieaults numbers in Vancouver? Burns have good numbers in Montreal?

nobody is saying "therrien is the problem"

what alot are saying......if the problem is not winning a stanley cups in 20 years..........Therrien is not the SOLUTION.

sound better? but he will have to do. No other french/english coaches out there.

the captain last year "was not the problem" but is he captain now?

Didnt Carbs have numbers similar to that?

How about the Pens coach from last season...........how was his record? If it was ALL about numbers Bylsma would be coaching the pens and Julien would never would have been fired from Montreal. How were Venieaults numbers in Vancouver? Burns have good numbers in Montreal?

nobody is saying "therrien is the problem"

what alot are saying......if the problem is not winning a stanley cups in 20 years..........Therrien is not the SOLUTION.

sound better? but he will have to do. No other french/english coaches out there.

the captain last year "was not the problem" but is he captain now?

Many keep referring to "The Problem!" But if look at standing......29points must have some merit and whatever 'perceived major problem' may be is overblown? And people simply like to have something to criticize when things are going well.

'Always look on the bright...." comes to mind, cheer up for crying out loud, we aint the Leafs! :hammer:

I remember Carbs saying how he never knew how to be defensive forward when he got to his first camp. Habs however needed one and the coaching staff taught him how. He credited them in one of his acceptance speeches for the selke trophy.

Holmstrom talks about Bowman in the same way havine leaned and been motivated by the crafty coach how to play the front of the net. Credits Bowman for making his career.

Roenick talks about Keenan in the same way. Taught him everything about being a team player and leader.

Chelios credits the coaching staff (and Robinson) for making him more than an offensive dman.

Nilan cannot say enough about Clause Ruel and Jauque Lemaire making him more than a scrapper and scored 20 goals in a season because of it.

I'm wondering if Therrien and his cracker jack coaching/teaching talents could maybe .......teach Alex Galchenyuk how to play center. Seems to be a mosaic task for them.

Many keep referring to "The Problem!" But if look at standing......29points must have some merit and whatever 'perceived major problem' may be is overblown? And people simply like to have something to criticize when things are going well.

'Always look on the bright...." comes to mind, cheer up for crying out loud, we aint the Leafs! :hammer:

lol....well put.

yes i prefer "the solution" the quest for the cup

its the leafs who just wanna be better than they were last year.

The solution? What's the solution?

Tell me what the 2014-2015 Stanley Cup champions look like. Right now. If you can't? You don't know the solution. You only know what you, an amateur hockey mind, thinks what a potential Stanley Cup champion looks like.

I remember in the 90s it was the Philadelphia Flyers. They looked like what a Cup team was supposed to look like. Never won. In the 00s it was the San Jose Sharks. Built big, strong, fast, mix of young and old. Never won. In the 10s people can only point to teams that won like the Kings and Blackhawks but they can't explain how a team OTHER than the Blackhawks and Kings are supposed to look like without falling right back into looking like the Sharks or 90s Flyers.

So go ahead. Tell me what the solution is. Tell me what the Habs are supposed to look like to win the Cup in the spring.

I remember Carbs saying how he never knew how to be defensive forward when he got to his first camp. Habs however needed one and the coaching staff taught him how. He credited them in one of his acceptance speeches for the selke trophy.

Holmstrom talks about Bowman in the same way havine leaned and been motivated by the crafty coach how to play the front of the net. Credits Bowman for making his career.

Roenick talks about Keenan in the same way. Taught him everything about being a team player and leader.

Chelios credits the coaching staff (and Robinson) for making him more than an offensive dman.

Nilan cannot say enough about Clause Ruel and Jauque Lemaire making him more than a scrapper and scored 20 goals in a season because of it.

I'm wondering if Therrien and his cracker jack coaching/teaching talents could maybe .......teach Alex Galchenyuk how to play center. Seems to be a mosaic task for them.

lol....well put.

yes i prefer "the solution" the quest for the cup

its the leafs who just wanna be better than they were last year.

I agree, Therrien is not of the quality of Scotty Bowman, Mike Keenan in his prime or Jacques Lemaire. Of course, the other 30 coaches in the league aren't either.

Guest Stogey24

Tell me what the 2014-2015 Stanley Cup champions look like. Right now. If you can't? You don't know the solution. You only know what you, an amateur hockey mind, thinks what a potential Stanley Cup champion looks like.

I remember in the 90s it was the Philadelphia Flyers. They looked like what a Cup team was supposed to look like. Never won. In the 00s it was the San Jose Sharks. Built big, strong, fast, mix of young and old. Never won. In the 10s people can only point to teams that won like the Kings and Blackhawks but they can't explain how a team OTHER than the Blackhawks and Kings are supposed to look like without falling right back into looking like the Sharks or 90s Flyers.

So go ahead. Tell me what the solution is. Tell me what the Habs are supposed to look like to win the Cup in the spring.

Top line producing like they should, depth scoring, solid goal tending... Kind of sounds like a cup team? kind of sounds like Montreal....;)

Well of course nobody knows to the letter. How do you thing gambling and debated like these ever started.

Its fun trying to predict.

How about this for hab sensitive ears.............habs no 1 and no 2 centerman combined are on pace to score 35 goals, WHILE taking ALL the powerplay time at that position. Eller without powerplay time may score more than both combined. Me thinks that will be there down fall.

Its no secret they have needed a no 1 centerman since koivu started to decline about 9 years ago. And still do not have one. But what do i know. I predicted the Blues would win 5-1 last night.

If you want to know what a stanley cup team will look like this year.............my best guest sherlock is to loom at the last winners....Kings, Hawks, Bruins, Kings, Pens, Wings .............. do you see DD playing first line center on anyone of those clubs? there...thats a glimpse.

love to be wrong

I agree, Therrien is not of the quality of Scotty Bowman, Mike Keenan in his prime or Jacques Lemaire. Of course, the other 30 coaches in the league aren't either.

no kidding.

but my question was not is he as good as those other coaches

my question was what is the problem with teaching Chucky to play center?

3 years after he was drafted 3rd over all, with everyone drooling over the kids talent since draft day. He has developed to be the Canadiens 123rd winger of Tomas Pleklanic ? yay .... heck a job coach.

no kidding.

but my question was not is he as good as those other coaches

my question was what is the problem with teaching Chucky to play center?

3 years after he was drafted 3rd over all, with everyone drooling over the kids talent since draft day. He has developed to be the Canadiens 123rd winger of Tomas Pleklanic ? yay .... heck a job coach.

That's simply not how it works. Galchenyuk's time will come at center. MT is icing the lineup he is most comfortable with. And it's working. Galchenyuk knows how to play the position anyway.

Supposed to look like they have 16 wins in the playoffs

97 flyers? ran into a team that could match them and only one can win....look at the line up that beat them.

00 sharks? ..... the buffalo bills ob the nhl ...........CHOKE ...... you can lose with a stellar first line center as dozens of teams prove every year........but you just cant win without one.

Only one team can win................... kings, hawks, kings, bruins, hawks, pens, wings, ducks, canes, lightning, devils, wings, aves, devils, stars, wings, wings, aves, devils, rangers, habs, pens, pens, oilers ........................SC winners all the way back to 1990 .................what do they All have in common ? all of them had a fantastic NUMBER ONE center. (Most had more than one. But not one of them was without one)

Devils in 95 did not have a fantastic number one center.

one team without a great legit no one center....20 years ago...... so you get my point

however as i see Broten played like one in the play offs......20gp 7g 12a 19pts +13

from a look at habs current centers.......Eller may be capable of that point a game +13 performance.

But yes the 95 devils are the only exception going back ....well forever