Overthrow the Monarchy! Kings @ Bell Centre, 7:30PM EST

Well, predictably I had to miss this one. But my jaw dropped when I heard the score. Given what I said at the start of this thread about this game being quite important (propelling us toward being "hot" versus dragging on the losing streak, potentially fatally), this is great stuff.

I gather that our biggest difference-makers - PK and Price - really delivered last night. That's the golden recipe right there. I also notice that Galy and Patches were -1 and pointless. How did that line look? Were they consistently dangerous, or as impotent as the box-score suggests?

Heartening to see that Desharnais got a couple of points, which bodes well for his waking up. The replays showed Sekac looking really strong. It's quite rare that a rookie plays as solid and commanding a game as Sekac seems to do, night after night. He really could wind up being a major asset for this club for a long time to come.

Andrighetto: I hadn't heard a whole lot about this kid before he came up. The odds are about 90% that we're just seeing the usual burst of rookie excitement, to be followed by declining returns. Still - to what extent do folks around here think he's legit? Are we looking at a future core piece?

Andrighetto: I hadn't heard a whole lot about this kid before he came up. The odds are about 90% that we're just seeing the usual burst of rookie excitement, to be followed by declining returns. Still - to what extent do folks around here think he's legit? Are we looking at a future core piece?

A core piece? I'm not convinced of that though I know there are those out there who would say yes. On an offensive third line, I think there's a home for him but I'm skeptical that he's a top six guy down the road.

Andrighetto seems to be around front of net alot and have some smarts with puck, but has been only 3 games;.

Although, Therrien giving him PP time already isn't a bad idea at all. :clap:

Andrighetto seems to have a high hockey IQ, is very strong on his skates, and looks fast to me, maybe no top 6 guy is how I see him too, but that's probably just his size that makes me think that, but he sure does look like he knows how to create offense, and gives monumental efforts in puck battles.

Chucky and Patcioretty started out ok, but seemed to struggle defensively after a the first period. Galchenyuk was good on the draws early, but I don't know after that. Seemed like a typical night off for Patcioretty to me. the -1 I guess is accurate, they didn't quite hold their own....

For the shots they gave up, the Habs still put in a good defensive commitment in this game, especially in front of Price down low.

Maybe the most satisfying 2 pts for me this year in the sense that when we are committed to protecting the front of the net, and the forwards are coming back deep, we have the offense to capitalize on the rush, and beat anyone.... the Kings never give anybody an easy time...

Andrighetto seems to be around front of net alot and have some smarts with puck, but has been only 3 games;.

Although, Therrien giving him PP time already isn't a bad idea at all. :clap:

Yet another case of Therrien unjustly and irrationally crushing the development of young players, clearly

Yet another case of Therrien unjustly and irrationally crushing the development of young players, clearly

kid has played a thousand games getting here.....scored 6 minutes into his first game.........doubt therrien has played apart in one iota of the kids game.............have to give it some time to see the genious create another star.

Andrighetto seems to have a high hockey IQ, is very strong on his skates, and looks fast to me, maybe no top 6 guy is how I see him too, but that's probably just his size that makes me think that, but he sure does look like he knows how to create offense, and gives monumental efforts in puck battles.

Chucky and Patcioretty started out ok, but seemed to struggle defensively after a the first period. Galchenyuk was good on the draws early, but I don't know after that. Seemed like a typical night off for Patcioretty to me. the -1 I guess is accurate, they didn't quite hold their own....

For the shots they gave up, the Habs still put in a good defensive commitment in this game, especially in front of Price down low.

Maybe the most satisfying 2 pts for me this year in the sense that when we are committed to protecting the front of the net, and the forwards are coming back deep, we have the offense to capitalize on the rush, and beat anyone.... the Kings never give anybody an easy time...

Well, predictably I had to miss this one. But my jaw dropped when I heard the score. Given what I said at the start of this thread about this game being quite important (propelling us toward being "hot" versus dragging on the losing streak, potentially fatally), this is great stuff.

I gather that our biggest difference-makers - PK and Price - really delivered last night. That's the golden recipe right there. I also notice that Galy and Patches were -1 and pointless. How did that line look? Were they consistently dangerous, or as impotent as the box-score suggests?

Heartening to see that Desharnais got a couple of points, which bodes well for his waking up. The replays showed Sekac looking really strong. It's quite rare that a rookie plays as solid and commanding a game as Sekac seems to do, night after night. He really could wind up being a major asset for this club for a long time to come.

Sekac is really solid. If it had not been for the fact that Therrien needed to give a chance to Bourque and Moen to prove their utility, he should never have sit down for a game, and his development would be even more impressive. I am confident that he will get the opportunity to play on the 1st line before the end of the season. Pax, Chucky and Sekac would make a very dangerous line IMO.

Andrighetto is quite impressive so far. And I do believe that he is not a fluke. Too much talent and hockey sense. He is always positioned where the puck will be. Impressive for a rookie. But wasn't he such a player in the QJMHL? I think so. If it had not been for his lack of size and his hockey background (being from Switzerland, not exactly a hockey country), he might have deserved being a higher selection at the NHL draft. As you you can see, I like him a lot.

A coach can't come out in the postgame interview and declare that he's not playing a Sekac type player because he's giving a vet the rope required to hang himself.

Coaches who hang their vets shouldn't and don't hang around much longer than the vet.

A coach can't come out in the postgame interview and declare that he's not playing a Sekac type player because he's giving a vet the rope required to hang himself.

Coaches who hang their vets shouldn't and don't hang around much longer than the vet.

And about this hanging thing..

Size doesn't matter!

Please stop bringing it up.

I find it personally hurtful in a small way.

Ya.. I know..

Sorry...

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but I believe that in the era of salary cap, a coach has to give some consideration to his GM's problems regarding the composition of the roster. Maybe MT has been a bit too patient with Moen and Bourque, but once they had proven themselves unable to help the team, it was easier to justify their benching. I guess that Bergevin was also much more comfortable with his decision to trade them. It does make sense to me.

If I am not mistaken, Bergevin had given an extension to Moen. And I remember that he made it public that he sat down with Bourque, in the off-season, to tell him that he believed in him and wanted him to contribute to the team like he did last spring. Hard for Therrien to feel free to bench both of them right off the bat.

kid has played a thousand games getting here.....scored 6 minutes into his first game.........doubt therrien has played apart in one iota of the kids game.............have to give it some time to see the genious create another star.

Again, zero credit to Therrien for playing him with Plek and Sekac.

Again, zero credit to Therrien for playing him with Plek and Sekac.

Not really. Plek has played with every single winger the habs have had under mt. From Pax to Vanek, Bourque to Ryder, to Cole to Chucky and Gionta to the Gallager, Moen to Bournival ................you name me a winger that comes on the habs and does not play with plek? but notta one other than gionta ever stays.

hey mt was the only guy on the planet that thought vanek should play with pleks and gio ha!......they lasted 5 periods and had one shot on net.....................no i dont put any faith in mt selecting lines.............bob barker spin the wheel would be just as good. :rofl:

"A fanatic is one who cant change his mind and wont change the subject." w.c. :wall:

Size doesn't matter!

Ya.. I know..

Sorry...

lol ! consider it done.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but I believe that in the era of salary cap, a coach has to give some consideration to his GM's problems regarding the composition of the roster. Maybe MT has been a bit too patient with Moen and Bourque, but once they had proven themselves unable to help the team, it was easier to justify their benching. I guess that Bergevin was also much more comfortable with his decision to trade them. It does make sense to me.

If I am not mistaken, Bergevin had given an extension to Moen.

And I remember that he made it public that he sat down with Bourque, in the off-season, to tell him that he believed in him and wanted him to contribute to the team like he did last spring. Hard for Therrien to feel free to bench both of them right off the bat.

Very plausible , and indeed consistent with my point. Nothing takes place in isolation.

"A fanatic is one who cant change his mind and wont change the subject." w.c. :wall:

well.. technically it is a person not ruled by reason.

So a fantatic is someone who is fantastic at being unreasonable.

Size doesn't matter!

Ya.. I know..

Sorry...

Andrigetto - Desharnais - Gallagher. Call it the halfpint brawlers line. :)

Whatcha mean by this?

Did someone indicate Therrien is why this kid looks so good?

Or does he look so could despite Therrien as the coach?

Both?

Neither?