Dec. 23, Habs vs Isles, 7 PM

dlbalr

Has Beaulieu started to figure it out?

Thought was smart of Jason York to point out him getting pasted to make a play on goal, well done.

Emelin and Gilbert seemed dreadful, fumbling with puck?

So if Beaulieu can step it up, play a bigger role and limit his mistakes, would be a huge bonus (that I was beginning to give up on for sure).

Last night was the night that was coming. Where NB emerges into the top four.

"it dose not work well"

Quennville on the hawks moves Bickell up to first and second line duty every play offs. Why? He believes "it does works well". So do I

Guy Lafluer: "the stars got us in the play-offs, but the plumbers won us the cups"

How about during the regular season, where's Bickell? Bottom six or a healthy scratch. Clearly, it doesn't work well during the season. If it did, one would think they'd keep that combination together.

Did Kyle Clifford get top six minutes for LA during their Cup runs? Shawn Thornton in Boston? Matt Cooke with Pittsburgh? Kris Draper/Kirk Maltby with Detroit? No, no, no, and no. Bickell is the exception, not the norm and that's my point. If putting grinders on scoring lines actually worked for most teams, they'd do it. It doesn't, so they don't. Therrien will find that out the hard way if he keeps putting Prust and Weise in those roles.

How about during the regular season, where's Bickell? Bottom six or a healthy scratch. Clearly, it doesn't work well during the season. If it did, one would think they'd keep that combination together.

Did Kyle Clifford get top six minutes for LA during their Cup runs? Shawn Thornton in Boston? Matt Cooke with Pittsburgh? Kris Draper/Kirk Maltby with Detroit? No, no, no, and no. Bickell is the exception, not the norm and that's my point. If putting grinders on scoring lines actually worked for most teams, they'd do it. It doesn't, so they don't. Therrien will find that out the hard way if he keeps putting Prust and Weise in those roles.

Oh fore sure. You have to pick your spots. But nobody stays where they are for 82 games on the bottom six....which is where Prust is. "Top minutes" is what the top six get. Where you never see Prust. But some times see Weiss. If you plan to do that in the play offs, it wise to have done at spots throughout the season. Thorton on Boston if memory serves me was getting huge time in the stanley cup winning series over Nucks. Also putting the only player on the team (PRUST) that answers the bell when your "top minute" players are getting abused makes for a good bench. Every team member likes that. No secret that I am no therrien fan but the way he deploys Prust and Weiss "threading and weaving them into the line up so they are part of the make up (not just bench warmers for when you think you need a spark) is a good move by the coach. imo

Habs are not deep enough to play a guy like prust and weiss 8 minutes a night. (Kings are)

btw... without wiess playing regular shift last season, habs dont beat bruins in seven game series. he was one of the best ATTACKING players. Not on the perimeters all series like we know who.

Great pumpkin I have got to start reading my own posts. We were outshot 23 -12 in the first 2 periods, yeah ok about even , we were outshot 15 to 9 in the 3rd. However close(shots) only counts in horse shoes and and grenades, the only stat that really counts is WE WON 3-1 beat their uppity little asses into the ground. Yeah baby :halm:

Yabbbutt... We were outshot 13 to 3 in the first., so your first two period sum is true but doesn't reveal that shots were about even in the second at 10-9 where we played quite a bit better I thought. And in the third it's not that bad.. when the other guys are bustin' their behinds trying to catch up to get outshot by 6, as we're not emphasizing padding our lead.

The game wan't that bad. On the Great Pumpkin.. quite a few people these days sometimes wonder if there even is a Great Pumkin. One of my favorite philosophers has an interesting demonstration of his big Orange thickskinned seediness and some other properties in a really well done video on the cosmological argument. It's metaphysics so it's not quite as much fun as watching YukYuk score three. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAIHs5TJRqQ You can pm me if you wanna discuss Pumpkinology with a bumpkin. :blush:

Guest Stogey24

Honestly, I wonder why one would believe that.

How is he supposed to match offensive numbers he had with John freakin' Tavares ?

He was brought in in return of Brière... Can't really expect a very big offense here.

You wonder why one would believe tha? He was almost a PPG player first year with Colorado. I expect at least 50 points out of player making 4 million a year.

You wonder why one would believe tha? He was almost a PPG player first year with Colorado. I expect at least 50 points out of player making 4 million a year.

He's supposed to be a second-line W. Hopefully he is just slumping. It does happen, ya know.

Oh fore sure. You have to pick your spots. But nobody stays where they are for 82 games on the bottom six....which is where Prust is. "Top minutes" is what the top six get. Where you never see Prust. But some times see Weiss. If you plan to do that in the play offs, it wise to have done at spots throughout the season. Thorton on Boston if memory serves me was getting huge time in the stanley cup winning series over Nucks. Also putting the only player on the team (PRUST) that answers the bell when your "top minute" players are getting abused makes for a good bench. Every team member likes that. No secret that I am no therrien fan but the way he deploys Prust and Weiss "threading and weaving them into the line up so they are part of the make up (not just bench warmers for when you think you need a spark) is a good move by the coach. imo

Habs are not deep enough to play a guy like prust and weiss 8 minutes a night. (Kings are)

btw... without wiess playing regular shift last season, habs dont beat bruins in seven game series. he was one of the best ATTACKING players. Not on the perimeters all series like we know who.

Weiss was AWESOME last year. It's easy to forget. And its apparently a known thing among the vets, that its the playoffs that really count and determine your worth to a team. This can be overdone of course... (Borky.. I mean Bourque..) but there really does seem to be a lot to it, and I'm sure this is why Bourque was added to the mix in Anaheim. Briere had that same reputation for a long time.

But Weiss was awesome in the playoffs , living the proof of that great statement from Lafleur which I hadn't heard before.

Yabbbutt... We were outshot 13 to 3 in the first., so your first two period sum is true but doesn't reveal that shots were about even in the second at 10-9 where we played quite a bit better I thought. And in the third it's not that bad.. when the other guys are bustin' their behinds trying to catch up to get outshot by 6, as we're not emphasizing padding our lead.

The game wan't that bad. On the Great Pumpkin.. quite a few people these days sometimes wonder if there even is a Great Pumkin. One of my favorite philosophers has an interesting demonstration of his big Orange thickskinned seediness and some other properties in a really well done video on the cosmological argument. It's metaphysics so it's not quite as much fun as watching YukYuk score three. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAIHs5TJRqQ You can pm me if you wanna discuss Pumpkinology with a bumpkin. :blush:

Sorry any discussions about the great pumpkin are automatically referred to my good friend Charlie. I will see if I can find his secretary Lucy's email. They are very busy right now, something about a football.

We won a game that most teams with those numbers would have lost. However Le Genius has a master plan and apparently it is being implemented 100%. I am not conversant enough in higher hockey strategies so there is lots about this plan I do not understand. The team is very consistent and after this many games you just have to say :gohabsgo: and I hope MT wins coach of the year.

I though Linus was the expert on the great pumpkin;)

Sorry any discussions about the great pumpkin are automatically referred to my good friend Charlie. I will see if I can find his secretary Lucy's email. They are very busy right now, something about a football.

We won a game that most teams with those numbers would have lost. However Le Genius has a master plan and apparently it is being implemented 100%. I am not conversant enough in higher hockey strategies so there is lots about this plan I do not understand. The team is very consistent and after this many games you just have to say :gohabsgo: and I hope MT wins coach of the year.

I's forgotten where the Great Pumpkin reference came from .. Thanks. I have a lot of fun debating metaphysics and stuff on the net and thought it might have been relevant. Ed Feser's great fun.

I'm with you on MB. We are where we are, and that ain't at all bad. I think the guys hoping for movement on D Beaulieu to just maybe second pairing... and bringing Tinordi up as we can..might just have it.

Up front.. I don't know what to think but suspect we need one more piece.

84 out of 583 forwards hit 50 points or more last year. 44 of the 84 are wingers.

It ain't 2008 anymore where Jason Blake scoring 50 points at $4M is considered a disappointment. The price for a 50 point scorer is too high to expect every forward at $4M, especially wingers, to hit that total. 44 wingers is less than six teams of 50 point wingers. There ain't enough for every team to have two 50 point wingers. Don't know how many other ways to put it...

Weiss was AWESOME last year. It's easy to forget. And its apparently a known thing among the vets, that its the playoffs that really count and determine your worth to a team. This can be overdone of course... (Borky.. I mean Bourque..) but there really does seem to be a lot to it, and I'm sure this is why Bourque was added to the mix in Anaheim. Briere had that same reputation for a long time.

But Weiss was awesome in the playoffs , living the proof of that great statement from Lafleur which I hadn't heard before.

Remember Claude Lemieux, the quintessential playoff competitor.

Was also playing with Duchene or Statsny. They are way better than who P.A. will play with this season. Unless we try Pax - Chucky - Parenteau.

84 out of 583 forwards hit 50 points or more last year. 44 of the 84 are wingers.

It ain't 2008 anymore where Jason Blake scoring 50 points at $4M is considered a disappointment. The price for a 50 point scorer is too high to expect every forward at $4M, especially wingers, to hit that total. 44 wingers is less than six teams of 50 point wingers. There ain't enough for every team to have two 50 point wingers. Don't know how many other ways to put it...

So 40 centers hit ATLEAST 50 points. Thats about 1.5 per team. Habs ?

Gallant front runner. Florida has only 9 regulation time losses. Thats right the FLORIDA PANTHERS. who da thunk

Remember Claude Lemieux, the quintessential playoff competitor.

yes he was ...from the day he entered the league.

Habs 86 cup winning team had 9 rookies on it! including Claude

He was actually the only believer. I did not want to be too subtle. :rolleyes:

Cool. The point of metaphysics is logical demonstration, not belief, which is why I responded to the Pumpkin thing with Aristotelian proofs. Feser's demonstration is pretty airtight if you believe that change occurs. One doesn't have to "believe" if one can follow a logical and sound argument. Science presupposes the same intelligibility. But..anything further should probably be pm'd.

Cool. The point of metaphysics is logical demonstration, not belief, which is why I responded to the Pumpkin thing with Aristotelian proofs. Feser's demonstration is pretty airtight if you believe that change occurs. One doesn't have to "believe" if one can follow a logical and sound argument. Science presupposes the same intelligibility. But..anything further should probably be pm'd.

Merry Christmas THab, I know that I am not up to a philosophical discussion with an intellect such as you. But I do love the different perspectives that you provide. It is not really something you expect to find on a forum such as this but just proves that Hab's fans are far more intelligent than other NHL fans. :)

Gallant front runner. Florida has only 9 regulation time losses. Thats right the FLORIDA PANTHERS. who da thunk

The Panthers are on the upswing. They suffered from AHL quality goaltending for two seasons, and now that they have Luongo they're a bubble team. Some of the goalies they had were sub-900, no team can win with goaltending like that.

Now, if the Habs and Bruins stay the same and Toronto slides out of the playoff picture, I might be in for some forty dollar playoff games.

Merry Christmas THab, I know that I am not up to a philosophical discussion with an intellect such as you. But I do love the different perspectives that you provide. It is not really something you expect to find on a forum such as this but just proves that Hab's fans are far more intelligent than other NHL fans. :)

As usual you're too kind habs rule. Funnily enough I'm about to start working on a project film on how the western world lost its mind starting in about the 14th century. Hope you're enjoying your holiday and may the Great Pumpkin keep you and yours happy of heart with a big smile on your face.