Dec. 29, Habs vs Canes, 7 PM

dlbalr

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that, i've never heard of him.

I hate to get Habs 30/31 going, but this is turning into another weak period. The only difference is Carolina's rudderless offense.

The Canes TV Crew calls JS/ES "Jordan" and "Eric." Fox coverage.

lol. Yea missed most of it. Had to zip out and do a favor for a friend. Said "sure no problem, never missing anything good in the first period of a canadiens game anyhow" Wish that was not the case. Came back and was surprised it was 0-0. Might just start bumping MY game time by an hour.

A much better second period from the Habs in terms of production. Their in-zone play hasn't been sharp though. They need to be better at clearing the pucks around Price, Carolina has had a few too many looks in close.

It's also nice to somewhat see a 4-line game (as I pined about yesterday in my column). Andrighetto only had two shifts in the 2nd but beyond that, everyone else is on pace for 10+ minutes which is a lot better than the distribution in recent games.

A much better second period from the Habs in terms of production. Their in-zone play hasn't been sharp though. They need to be better at clearing the pucks around Price, Carolina has had a few too many looks in close.

It's also nice to somewhat see a 4-line game (as I pined about yesterday in my column). Andrighetto only had two shifts in the 2nd but beyond that, everyone else is on pace for 10+ minutes which is a lot better than the distribution in recent games.

What's the point of having Andrighetto on the team if he is being on the 4th line. This is a perfect example of putting players in positions that they have no hope of succeeding in and than sending them back down because they are not contributing. He needs to play with skilled players to succeed. Swap him with Prust and you the kid has a chance to show what he can do. Putting him with Malhotra is a waste of time.

What's the point of having Andrighetto on the team if he is being on the 4th line. This is a perfect example of putting players in positions that they have no hope of succeeding in and than sending them back down because they are not contributing. He needs to play with skilled players to succeed. Swap him with Prust and you the kid has a chance to show what he can do. Putting him with Malhotra is a waste of time.

I think it's part of the evaluation process. We've seen that he's passable in an offensive role, how about in a checking one? His performance will help dictate future call-ups, whether or not they go after a rental forward, etc. I don't like it either (I'd rather Bournival get to play) but they have done this before.

I think it's part of the evaluation process. We've seen that he's passable in an offensive role, how about in a checking one? His performance will help dictate future call-ups, whether or not they go after a rental forward, etc. I don't like it either (I'd rather Bournival get to play) but they have done this before.

seems more like a square peg being put in a round hole. It's one thing to ask a player to be responsible defensively, it's another to ask a goal scorer to play on an entirely checking line. That would be like putting Bowman with galchenyuk and MaxPac and then sending him back for not scoring.