Galchenyuk's new contract.

Dalhabs

Maybe Pacioretty is top 30 American born, whose last name starts with a P...but only during home games on a Tuesday.

"so negative"

cant imagine what you think of the rest of the team if thats what you say about the best forward they have had in years.

You don't think PK at his best is, at least, among the most electrifying players in the game? What more does he have to do, spontaneously combust, or turn himself into a Transformer - ?

lol Well when you throw in "at his best", all the super stars "at their best" are some thing to watch. But yes Pk is not out done by any of them. Puck carrying ability in the offensive zone is second to none, howitzer of a shot.

Wish he had not dropped the open ice hitting from his game though..........maybe like Robinson and Stevens he will crank up the physical play for play offs.

Robinson/Stevens overpowered most opposition on defense and were simply strong large dudes, not Subban's forte. Will never be like those 2; but on offense he may easily be far superior? And if he never throws another check in career ( a la Lidstrom) he may still be worth price of admission on many nights.

Yes if he ever came up lame with, say a tweeked knee on a big Ass-hit, that would instantly put more gray hair on Bergevin and what could you do to replace him...not much?

I don't know how bad an impact it would be...and really don't even want to think nor debate about that one, Uggg!

Don, please put down the pipe, and sit down, while breathing deeply... :1vomit:

Subban has a long, long way to go to be far superior offensively to Robinson, C'mon man! :rastapop:

Really think so?

Subban 13.2goals/year, 49.3 pts/yr

BigBird 12.3 goals/year 56.7 pts/yr

and PK not in prime is he and just a bit weaker roster to play with eh.

Don't worry KORP, Larry Robinson was, as a kid my favourite player and still fav Hab for sure.

But didnt think he has the offensive skill of a Subban.(better overall yes, but PK is just starting to play penalty kill and may keep improving on defense?)

lemme guess Don, you missed the vintage Robinson years didn't you? I know you're quite knowlegable on most habs history..but I'm guessing you may not have caught Robinson in his prime? If you take all of the defensemen in nhl history, I'd take only Bobby Orr ahead of Bigbird. But, to each his own. Subban is a fine choice as well

Never a big Bobby Orr fan primarily because of who he played for. Was I disappointed when as kids, we got to go to Bruins practice and he was not there due to one of his knee injuries, for sure.

Didn't say BigBird was Orrs equal (not sure why his name came up?), simply (easily) my favourite hockey player and Hab of all time.

Wasn't a Gretkzy fan neither, but was he an OK player, no question.

But I still think Subban's offensive skill is better. You cant trot out #s or records, but wont change my opinion on that. Don't you think 20 goal season for Subban will come and if he a few all-star forwards to play with, his assist total would really jump.

Possibly this year he gets 20 (on pace for 20.04 goals this year), way too early to call that, but see how he is now at 25, how good will he be in 2-4 years?

Subban for sure a 20 goal scorer. Got 14 his rookie season (on a jauque martin coached team) tying a record that stood since Guy Lapointes rookie season. Offensively gifted kid. I was kind of hoping he would be capable of even more while watching him in Hamilton and his first couple of seasons in Montreal. Was hoping his ceiling was way higher than "possible 20 goal scorer".

Yes cant help being a pessimist, f'in pom poms and all.

Best forward they have had in years wears #14. :clap:

14 "plays like a little girl in the play offs" by his own admission. :hyper:

Yes if he ever came up lame with, say a tweeked knee on a big Ass-hit, that would instantly put more gray hair on Bergevin and what could you do to replace him...not much?

I don't know how bad an impact it would be...and really don't even want to think nor debate about that one, Uggg!

yes, every valuable player on every team should stop hitting.

Has been only 100 20+ goal performances ever in NHL for d-men, most of those by a handful of guys, so any 20 goal season by a d-man is fairly good accomplishment.

28 by LaPointe is not crazy to expect from Subban to match (Souray had 26) and one BigBird could only manage 19.

Larry robinson 750 assists. Probably in part due to who was playing up front. Some very gifted players from what i hear. I remember when he first came up, what an awkward looking goof. I wanted him sent somewhere else, I soon learned how wrong I was. I think Larry hung on a little too long but he was one of the greatest.

14 "plays like a little girl in the play offs" by his own admission. :hyper:

Boy ya sure got to watch what you say to reporter. He has a bad game disgusted with his own effort makes a comment that he probably regrets. And you are still bringing this up after all these years. :scared:

• Upvote 2

Still on topic of Galchenyuk's new contract :nuts:

I forgot where Robinson reference came up and when I scoll back I see, I started out that Subban wasn't a physical defender like Robinson nor Scott Stevens and never will be. Which I think most would agree with?

And I just made point Subban's "offensive skill" is better than those 2... that's basically it. Maybe debatable with #19, not in my mind but?

Still on topic of Galchenyuk's new contract :nuts:

I forgot where Robinson reference came up and when I scoll back I see, I started out that Subban wasn't a physical defender like Robinson nor Scott Stevens and never will be. Which I think most would agree with?

And I just made point Subban's "offensive skill" is better than those 2... that's basically it. Maybe debatable with #19, not in my mind but?

PK is a very special individual.

I guess I can reluctantly agree to stop talking about Subban being better than Robinson... I have pills that allow me to swallow a statement so outrageous...

So , consensus here is Galchenyuk is worth paying for potential, and signing long term now?

Don't think that's gonna happen guys....

• Upvote 1

Boy ya sure got to watch what you say to reporter. He has a bad game disgusted with his own effort makes a comment that he probably regrets. And you are still bringing this up after all these years. :scared:

Well when some one jokes that he is better than pacs, it seemed a fitting response. makes for good a joke.

Larry robinson 750 assists. Probably in part due to who was playing up front. Some very gifted players from what i hear. I remember when he first came up, what an awkward looking goof. I wanted him sent somewhere else, I soon learned how wrong I was. I think Larry hung on a little too long but he was one of the greatest.

First play off game ever he scored the game winner, off a rush in overtime, slap shot top corner against Flyers.

So , consensus here is Galchenyuk is worth paying for potential, and signing long term now?

Don't think that's gonna happen guys....

Nor do I. Because his potential is still over the board (is he a 50 point player in the future? 60? 70? 80?), I expect both sides will be looking to go short-term.