Carey Price..Hart Trophy?

ICEWATER77

I don't understand why MT has such a man-crush on Gilly? He's a third pair guy, why the hell is he seeing so much icetime?! Maybe it's his way of limiting PK+AM down the stretch, who knows..certainly there are other options..and for the record, CAREY PRICE DESERVES THE HART, VEZINA, NORRIS, AND JACK ADAMS THIS YEAR! haha

yes and MT should give Carey half his paycheck.

Someone deserves something being tied for 1st in NHL.

Its called the President trophy. Also referred to as the "who cares trophy"

• Upvote 1

I was thinking patch. He has led he league in +- for 10 games, and every commentator raves about his two way game this year.

Well yeah Patch might be a good choice, but (+)(-) is such a poor indicator of anything, however his 200 ft game is there that is for sure. But when you need the shut down guy I think it is Pleks.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the victory party started early. Four goals on 17 shots tonight and five losses in a row versus a divisional rival and likely playoff opponent.

If you want to see what an MVP looks like, check out Ovechkin tonight. Price has had an amazing, Vezina shoe-in season, but if Tim Thomas didn't win in 2010-2011, Price has no chance.

Looks like the victory party started early. Four goals on 17 shots tonight and five losses in a row versus a divisional rival and likely playoff opponent.

If you want to see what an MVP looks like, check out Ovechkin tonight. Price has had an amazing, Vezina shoe-in season, but if Tim Thomas didn't win in 2010-2011, Price has no chance.

no chance? even if he loses he was the leader all year and lost it at the finish line by a nose. no chance? ha!

Not sure Price has "no chance" to win MVP; but he will get the appropriate trophy for his position anyways, in the Vezina and doubt he will lose sleep over worrying about end of year awards, same for Subban.

I think he has a bit better focus than that.

Come on playoffs...start already! 4 more stinkin games, 2 more starts for Price to set Habs W record. I would guess he simply ties it (record would have couple asterisks anyways).

The March swoon by the Habs will cost Price the Hart. It's a shame, really...although I'm quite sure Carey Price is only interested in ONE trophy. He strikes me as that kind of guy.

Not sure Price has "no chance" to win MVP; but he will get the appropriate trophy for his position anyways, in the Vezina and doubt he will lose sleep over worrying about end of year awards, same for Subban.

I think he has a bit better focus than that.

Come on playoffs...start already! 4 more stinkin games, 2 more starts for Price to set Habs W record. I would guess he simply ties it (record would have couple asterisks anyways).

yes it would. Dryden and Plante had many nights where they settled for a tie at end of 60 minutes. Carey had the advantage of when tied at end of game, the new nhl allows him to go for a win with ot and a gimmick shoot out. How many wins does carey have in regulation time. Curious to know.

The March swoon by the Habs will cost Price the Hart. It's a shame, really...although I'm quite sure Carey Price is only interested in ONE trophy. He strikes me as that kind of guy.

He certainly does. OV does not.

Price has an average playoffs and the three months he posted a .955 sv% will be forgotten. Goalies have their own award, and the only reason he was considered is that offense is way down.

The voting for the end-of-season awards is done right at the end of the regular season so Price's playoff performance, whether it's good, bad, or otherwise, won't affect his chances for the Hart/Vezina. A so-so playoff performance may make some fans forget those three months though.

Says who? You?

Price has an average playoffs and the three months he posted a .955 sv% will be forgotten. Goalies have their own award, and the only reason he was considered is that offense is way down.

It is ridiculous to say he has no chance. Of course he has a chance, I don't think he will win cause they don't vote for the most valuable player (which he is) they vote for the most offensive guy (traditionally). So he is at a disadvantage, but in reality he is the most valuable player on this team, and damn rights I say so. Btw there are plenty of awards for defencemen and forwards, why is it so hard to believe a goaltender can't win.

It is ridiculous to say he has no chance. Of course he has a chance, I don't think he will win cause they don't vote for the most valuable player (which he is) they vote for the most offensive guy (traditionally). So he is at a disadvantage, but in reality he is the most valuable player on this team, and damn rights I say so. Btw there are plenty of awards for defencemen and forwards, why is it so hard to believe a goaltender can't win.

well said

Guest Stogey24

So the other 5 months don't count for Pricer?

Ovi has score like 23 goals on the power play. He legit stands there and gets fed the puck. That's an MVP?

Carey has put Montreal at the top of the league. This team is scratching for a playoff spot without Price. How do you get more valuable than that?

Says who? You?

Because the goal tending is so good. Price wins again. :nuts:

So the other 5 months don't count for Pricer?

Ovi has score like 23 goals on the power play. He legit stands there and gets fed the puck. That's an MVP?

Carey has put Montreal at the top of the league. This team is scratching for a playoff spot without Price. How do you get more valuable than that?

I dont know how you get more valuable than that.........but I can see this season, nobody is. :thumbs_up:

The idea that it's 'ridiculous' flies in the face of pretty regular drumbeats from media commentators calling Price the league MVP. Clearly, there is a large constituency of opinion-makers out there who recognize what #31 brings. (Note that it's also a backhanded way of diminishing the Habs as a team - the ol' 'they're not really a good team, they just have a great goalie' argument).