Carey Price..Hart Trophy?

ICEWATER77

That being said, this thread started January 21st, and at the time he wasn't the front runner he is now. He had a Vezina nominated worthy first half of the season and has followed it up with a lights out, MVP second half of the season. So two things have happened for him to be the favorite to win the Hart: 1) He has put together the best stretch of hockey at this level that he has ever played, and 2) No other player in the league has really separated themselves from their peers, which is a rarity. The leading scorer will finish with around 85 points, what?!

No, at that point he wasn't even on the radar. In the following three months, he posted a .950 sv% that came out of nowhere. I'm the only person here who's mentioned it, but in the last 2-3 weeks he's come down to earth. (.915-.925) This is what we can expect in the playoffs, he's a fine goalie, the best in the league, but that kind of performance is about as sustainable as the March 2014 production of the Vanek line.

Icewater77 proposed a great discussion question that was derailed by classic Therrien bashing, which is where the Price for MVP calls came. The performance that he's had coinciding with predictions is just that, a coincidence.

Last ten games:

.929, 2 SO 276/297 saves.

Two losses to Tampa, one each to Nashville and Washington. Two wins against the Panthers, Detroit, SJ, Carolina and the Islanders.

Last five games:

.897 sv%, 123/137 saves

Everyone here knows that you were first on that bandwagon and most boisterous about it. Looks like you were probably right (we'll see officially in June), nicely done. No need to brag about that though; replying to posts that disagreed with you 2.5 months ago is just angling to start yet another fight. And that's really the last thing we need or want to deal with.

ha! Ok coach. Just that if you read how i was mocked for calling Price to win ( by a few) , practically an invite for at least one i told you so. Could have refused i suppose. :thumbs_up:

Moving on.

If he did, I doubt they'd be starting him tomorrow. He was due to come back down to Earth somewhat, better now than next week.

Agreed. Yet I am hearing the whispers LM and Ice just eluded to.

I know he was pi$$ed at PK. If looks could kill. Anyone else catch that high lite?

Agreed. Yet I am hearing the whispers LM and Ice just eluded to.

I know he was pi$$ed at PK. If looks could kill. Anyone else catch that high lite?

no I was too busy looking at PK who looked absolutely terrified.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess I am as confident Price will win Hart as I am that Subban wont win Norris. But awesome nonetheless for both of them. 15g 60pts and +21 for PK, just keeps getting better.

Well, I guess I am as confident Price will win Hart as I am that Subban wont win Norris. But awesome nonetheless for both of them. 15g 60pts and +21 for PK, just keeps getting better.

Guaranteed you Price would win the hart months months ago. :halm:

• Upvote 1

Guaranteed you Price would win the hart months months ago. :halm:

I don't think he has quite won iit yet, I mean they haven't announced it but yes you were adamant he was going to win before the idea was popular. :)

Price is a lock for the Hart.

Well he sure as heck should be.