Carey Price..Hart Trophy?

ICEWATER77

Yeah... sure. In five years when the Habs have a Cup in their back pocket, you'll be raving about Therrien. That's a nice story, that slice of life is worthy of John Updike.

nice story or not, it is factual

unlike the ones you are making up about me. :rofl: :rofl:

How you interpreted Icewater's thread as you did not sure?

He didn't say anything about all-star break or currently who would you pick, is as he wrote the title.

But, too tell the truth I don't know nor feel strongly about any awards, but if had to vote will wait till April.

But more to be argumentative/dumbass devil's advocate I disagree with popular opinion (but really do think slim chance he will walk away with award at end of year, even if deserving)

(Dogs won 3rd in a row (shut out Leafs team which is also a bonus) and are 5-4-1 in last 10 and that was with 7 games at HOME where they normally suck, so maybe can squeak back into playoffs this year, Condon has been playing super. Also have a beauty 29th ranked PP)

He didn't say anything about all-star break or currently who would you pick, is as he wrote the title.

But, too tell the truth I don't know nor feel strongly about any awards, but if had to vote will wait till April.

But more to be argumentative/dumbass devil's advocate I disagree with popular opinion (but really do think slim chance he will walk away with award at end of year, even if deserving)

lol I think he will.

I think if the Hart was given out right now it would go to Getzlaf. Add in the fact that goalies rarely win the award, Mr. Price would have to have an amazing second half to have a shot

and price had an amazing first half............. so in other words price would have to keep it up. I agree, he keeps it up and wins the hart

(Dogs won 3rd in a row (shut out Leafs team which is also a bonus) and are 5-4-1 in last 10 and that was with 7 games at HOME where they normally suck, so maybe can squeak back into playoffs this year, Condon has been playing super. Also have a beauty 29th ranked PP)

no he did not say anything about all star break. I DID. LOL.... I asked a point blank question. Expanding on the Price for Hart trophy thread. Even added that i'm just throwing it in there as we are at the all star break, something else to talk about.

Not unlike you on another thread telling us subban is better than robinson. Dont see that in the title of the thread, ........but nobody accused you of misinterpreting the thread or calling you names.

whats with the "dumbass" comments............ you a teenager or just a wanna be laptop tough guy? :rofl:

and price had an amazing first half............. so in other words price would have to keep it up. I agree, he keeps it up and wins the hart

I guess your definition of amazing is different from mine. He would have to go like 23-4-2, 1.80 GAA, 9.50 SV and 6 shutouts down the stretch to be seriously considered. You're the only person I have read online anywhere that has him as the front runner for the Hart so far. And considering that a goalie has only won the award 7 times in like 90 years tends to point that it is very rare for them to do so. But hey, if we all agreed on everything there wouldn't be much to discuss eh

I guess your definition of amazing is different from mine. He would have to go like 23-4-2, 1.80 GAA, 9.50 SV and 6 shutouts down the stretch to be seriously considered. You're the only person I have read online anywhere that has him as the front runner for the Hart so far. And considering that a goalie has only won the award 7 times in like 90 years tends to point that it is very rare for them to do so. I would bet my left nut that he doesn't win the award. But hey, if we all agreed on everything there wouldn't be much to discuss eh

There is one or two guys on here are picking price i believe. I have getzlaf ranked but a little lower. Yes i agree its unlikey Price winning, seeing that it rarely goes to goalies. Theadore and Hasek being the two that come to mind. Really like Getzlaf too. Still stings when i think how habs picked kostitson ahead of him.

If the trophy was actually given to the player who is the Most Valuable Player to his team, then yes Carey would be in the top 2 or 3. However the reality is that it has become just another offensive trophy. Rarely does it actually go to that guy.

the clear front runner i would believe at this point has to be the captain of the feel good story that is NYI/ brooklyn?? tavares wins it if they keep up this pace and opens up brooklyn next year as the defending league MVP... nice marketing plan if you ask me

• Upvote 1

the clear front runner i would believe at this point has to be the captain of the feel good story that is NYI/ brooklyn?? tavares wins it if they keep up this pace and opens up brooklyn next year as the defending league MVP... nice marketing plan if you ask me

winnipeg "feel good story" as well.

as for price and the calder... i went to 6 games games during that run... and yes price faired well.. but to say he was all world in that playoff run would be a far fetch to say the least.

-he had a decent/good series vs rochester especially a shut out and OT win that i was at (opening game of the playoffs at coops ... a 5-4 2OT barn burner.

-also watched him lose back to back games vs manitoba to tie the series at 2. thought we were out right there only for the baby habs to score some timely goals and another OT win to win the series.

and chicago was no different in the semi's. after 2 OT wins one being like 7-6 and another 5 game series win..

outside a really close manitoba series and 2 OT wins to start the semis vs chicago we coasted through the next 8 games were we won the cup. price played well but he was hardly the only reason.

btw the finals was a 5 game series with 4 multi goal victories!

roy in 1993 was the greatest goaltending performance ive seen in a playoff... prices calder run doesn't even enter any list generated by any one outside bob mackenzie and habs 30/31

winnipeg "feel good story" as well.

true enough but the isles right now are a last to first team... just my opinion of who will win.

price is an exceptionally elite goalie on a really good team... don't think he stands a chance

• Upvote 1

as for price and the calder... i went to 6 games games during that run... and yes price faired well.. but to say he was all world in that playoff run would be a far fetch to say the least.

-he had a decent/good series vs rochester especially a shut out and OT win that i was at (opening game of the playoffs at coops ... a 5-4 2OT barn burner.

-also watched him lose back to back games vs manitoba to tie the series at 2. thought we were out right there only for the baby habs to score some timely goals and another OT win to win the series.

and chicago was no different in the semi's. after 2 OT wins one being like 7-6 and another 5 game series win..

outside a really close manitoba series and 2 OT wins to start the semis vs chicago we coasted through the next 8 games were we won the cup. price played well but he was hardly the only reason.

btw the finals was a 5 game series with 4 multi goal victories!

roy in 1993 was the greatest goaltending performance ive seen in a playoff... prices calder run doesn't even enter any list generated by any one outside bob mackenzie and habs 30/31

I never put it "on a list". I was questioned (sarcastically) whether i liked price or halak back in 010. I answered that i always liked price having seen them both play in hamilton and sighting the 06 run where Price was awarded the MVP after playing spectacular. Why you even bother comparing it to the Pat Roys practically world famous 1993 con smythe, stanley cup winning run i dont know. Gee, ya mean that was a better run with superior goaltending? Really, ya dont say. :thumbs_up:

it cracks me up when a single comment will set off some dudes

here's you: poke poke ---->

here's them: drjchvghhgchcvfghcv!!!! :flaming:

hahaha it's awesome :clap:

Careful now if you defend Habs 30/31 for his supposed transgressions, such as having a different opinion or posting too often, you too shall be attacked.

• Upvote 1

I think you guys are being a little over zealous in defending your buddy, to the point where you are maintaining and perpetuating a problem for this forum in it's entirety, to the point that it's worse than the ones complaining about him.

30/31 has made his bed, and continues to, with sarcasm and trying to make other's look or sound foolish by the structure of his statements, 'tis true, and once used to it, it's no biggie, it's just him. I find him knowledgeable, and of course, like all discussion board enthusiasts, opinionated... that's why we are here.

Not that I care, and I have made it my choice to take 30/31 for what he is, a passionate Habs fan, just like me, and I'm not going to be upset at every remark he makes that brushes me the wrong way in tone, tone is soooo hard to determine in text.....

It's just my opinion that everyone should just let it go.... :surrender:

• Upvote 2

I think you guys are being a little over zealous in defending your buddy, to the point where you are maintaining and perpetuating a problem for this forum in it's entirety, to the point that it's worse than the ones complaining about him.

30/31 has made his bed, and continues to, with sarcasm and trying to make other's look or sound foolish by the structure of his statements, 'tis true, and once used to it, it's no biggie, it's just him. I find him knowledgeable, and of course, like all discussion board enthusiasts, opinionated... that's why we are here.

Not that I care, and I have made it my choice to take 30/31 for what he is, a passionate Habs fan, just like me, and I'm not going to be upset at every remark he makes that brushes me the wrong way in tone, tone is soooo hard to determine in text.....

It's just my opinion that everyone should just let it go.... :surrender:

And that is a very good idea. :clap: To clarify I have criticized him and defended him. Not everything he says is wrong. Some of his insights are very good. But yes he certainly has a knack for rubbing some of the more sensitive ones the wrong way. But what the heck I annoy a lot of people too cause I like to bring the other side of the argument to the table. Weather I actually believe that particular point of view only I know. But if someone does not bring a different point of view, there can be no discussion. :habslogo: