Carey Price..Hart Trophy?

ICEWATER77

I think you guys are being a little over zealous in defending your buddy, to the point where you are maintaining and perpetuating a problem for this forum in it's entirety, to the point that it's worse than the ones complaining about him.

30/31 has made his bed, and continues to, with sarcasm and trying to make other's look or sound foolish by the structure of his statements, 'tis true, and once used to it, it's no biggie, it's just him. I find him knowledgeable, and of course, like all discussion board enthusiasts, opinionated... that's why we are here.

Not that I care, and I have made it my choice to take 30/31 for what he is, a passionate Habs fan, just like me, and I'm not going to be upset at every remark he makes that brushes me the wrong way in tone, tone is soooo hard to determine in text.....

It's just my opinion that everyone should just let it go.... :surrender:

Yeah, I can agree with that. There's a lot of hyperbole involved. I know that most of these "ra-ra" nonsense replies are about me, and I could care less. I think I responded to or questioned maybe 10 of his 1400 posts.(Imagine that, questioning an opinion on a message board)

I guess some have very little to add to the conversation besides trying to win an argument or meta discussion. (Go forking Habs go!) For someone who has the strongest/most persistent opinions I've ever seen on the board, he's not shy about having his buddies fight his battles for him. I would guess that all of these posters are under 16 years old. Nothing makes children angrier than being exposed as being children.

Yeah, I can agree with that. There's a lot of hyperbole involved. I know that most of these "ra-ra" nonsense replies are about me, and I could care less. I think I responded to or questioned maybe 10 of his 1400 posts.(Imagine that, questioning an opinion on a message board)

I guess some have very little to add to the conversation besides trying to win an argument or meta discussion. (Go forking Habs go!) For someone who has the strongest/most persistent opinions I've ever seen on the board, he's not shy about having his buddies fight his battles for him. I would guess that all of these posters are under 16 years old. Nothing makes children angrier than being exposed as being children.

Ya just can't keep the personal insults out can you? I don't think that I have attacked you personally in any way but this is what you come up with. That's the best you got? Sad really.

• Upvote 1

pure drivel.

"Fight my battles?" :rofl: Do you actually believe there is a "battle on here, anywhere?" lol

If you see or feel part of "a fight" on here then you have obviously never been in one. Just calm down, nobody is making a western movie here.

I'll ignore ya, please return the favor. :thumbs_up:

#99 had 9 MVPs, can that ever be topped?

(Ovi has 3 and Crosby has long way to go with only 2)

Last goalie to win one was a Hab, so would be quite nice to see another Hab win it; but just seems slim chance and way too early to call?

Last goalie to win one was a Hab, so would be quite nice to see another Hab win it; but just seems slim chance and way too early to call?

yes on both counts.

I think if things run along status quo, it will be Tavares that wins the MVP, although I am hoping Price makes it impossible to "not win" the Vezina, that's what I want for Price. :halm:

Yes it rarely goes to goalies. However i think Price is having the same type season that Theadore and Hasek had when they won it. So this maybe the year. Crosby may have had 4 or 5 by now had it not been for a couple long term absences due to neck and head injuries.

Yes it rarely goes to goalies. However i think Price is having the same type season that Theadore and Hasek had when they won it.

Nope. Theodore posted a .931 sv% and the nearest goalie was Patrick Roy at .925. If you look even further down the list to goalies who were clear-cut starters, Sean Burke is the next best goalie with a .920 sv%. That's .6/.11 points away from the pack. A monumental difference.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_2002_goalies.html

In 1998 Hasek posted a sv% .10 points away from the nearest starter, Tom Barrasso. He also played 72 games out of 82. Incredible.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_1998_goalies.html

In 97, Hasek's numbers were pretty close to Brodeurs, but he took them from 12th in the conference ( http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_1996.html ) to second place in the conference. ( http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_1997.html )

The first year he won the Hart, the leading scorer of the Buffalo Sabres was Derek Plante with 53 points. Their leading goal scorer, Donald Audette, scored 28 goals. Their defense corps was Gary Galley, Alexei Zhitnik, Bob Bougher, Mike Wilson, Darryl Shannon and Richard Smehlik.

THAT IS AN MVP!

Let's look at Price:

-Last year the Habs finished 4th in the conference. Right now they are fourth in the conference.

-Right now Price is in-between Rinne and Anderson in sv% for goalies that have over thirty games played. (.931/.929/.927)

When examining exactly WHY these goalies won MVP, the no-brainer candidates for MVP are Rinne and Luongo.

Price isn't even in the conversation.

Nope. Theodore posted a .931 sv% and the nearest goalie was Patrick Roy at .925. If you look even further down the list to goalies who were clear-cut starters, Sean Burke is the next best goalie with a .920 sv%. That's .6/.11 points away from the pack. A monumental difference.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_2002_goalies.html

In 1998 Hasek posted a sv% .10 points away from the nearest starter, Tom Barrasso. He also played 72 games out of 82. Incredible.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_1998_goalies.html

In 97, Hasek's numbers were pretty close to Brodeurs, but he took them from 12th in the conference ( http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_1996.html ) to second place in the conference. ( http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_1997.html )

The first year he won the Hart, the leading scorer of the Buffalo Sabres was Derek Plante with 53 points. Their leading goal scorer, Donald Audette, scored 28 goals. Their defense corps was Gary Galley, Alexei Zhitnik, Bob Bougher, Mike Wilson, Darryl Shannon and Richard Smehlik.

THAT IS AN MVP!

Let's look at Price:

-Last year the Habs finished 4th in the conference. Right now they are fourth in the conference.

-Right now Price is in-between Rinne and Anderson in sv% for goalies that have over thirty games played. (.931/.929/.927)

When examining exactly WHY these goalies won MVP, the no-brainer candidates for MVP are Rinne and Luongo.

Price isn't even in the conversation.

Price for MVP!!

He should have won it last year. Taking the habs to the semis, winning the gold medal................and my personal favorite, shutting out the Americans on the big stage at the 014 games. :canada: NHL, Montreals and Team Canadas best player last season.

THATS AN MVP

He will win it this season.

Price for MVP!!

He should have won it last year. Taking the habs to the semis, winning the gold medal................and my personal favorite, shutting out the Americans on the big stage at the 014 games. :canada: NHL, Montreals and Team Canadas best player last season.

THATS AN MVP

https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/status/560102948882362368

agreed ! watched that fight closed circuit at Maple Leaf Gardens. Entire place was standing for the entire two an half rounds and buzzing like crazy as we all exited the building. Heard many chants/yells on the way out "best fight ever!"

Price for MVP!!

THATS AN MVP

The Olympics can't have anything to do with Hart Trophy voting (nothing to do with NHL play which is what the vote is based on), nor can the playoffs as voting is done at the end of the regular season. So going to the ECF, beating the US, and winning gold couldn't be taken into consideration.

Count me among those who think Price has next-to-no-chance to win. Yes, by the literal definition of the award, he should be a strong candidate. However, seldom do the voters actually vote based on that definition and often just pick who they think is the best skater in the league. That will work against Price.

For Price to even be considered for the Hart, he'd have to be the clear-cut Vezina winner. To me, that's Rinne's to lose right now. If Nashville maintains their pace with him out of the lineup, that may change but if (when) they struggle, that will boost Rinne's case. That will work against Price.

There's also a large contingent of voters who don't like giving a goalie the Hart since they have the Vezina. For those who would pick a goalie, they're probably going with Rinne if things stay the same down the stretch or at best, split the vote which would also work against Price.

Does Price deserve to garner some consideration? Yep, he's having a great year once again. But to me, it's way too premature to unilaterally declare that he's winning for sure. So much can change over the next ten weeks for it to be a lock for anyone to be guaranteed to win an award (not just the Hart).

The Theodore and Hasek teams were absolutely dreadful compared to what Price has in front on him, the stats don't lie.

The stats don't lie? Does anyone remember Theodore's run? Are our memories busted or too young?

Montreal shouldn't have won 30 games without Koivu. We won so many games just getting straight dominated but killing the other teams PP and scoring a lucky goal or two. It was a miracle whenever we won with more than three goals. Three goals usually happened because they pulled their goalie in a 2-1 deficit.

Tongue in cheek on the gold medal win for price and team canada.

I hear ya dlbair on "who THE VOTERS will pick" or who they wont pick

I am picking who I think is the most valuable player to his team. Price.

Then going out on a limb and saying against the odds Carey will win it. I also posted a list of my top ten with Rinne at number 4. Hutchinson in the nets for jets made my list too. 3 goalies.

I made Price my section knowing he is not the most popular pick, dont have to go to players poll to make my pick.

When Theadore and Hasek won it, highly doubt they were leading any polls in January. But they won it in June.

Think of it this way, take a poll on which team will win the stanleycup..................see how many pick our habs, but some of you still believe thay can. Well thats the same way i am on Price. My long shot pick.

The stats don't lie? Does anyone remember Theodore's run? Are our memories busted or too young?

Montreal shouldn't have won 30 games without Koivu. We won so many games just getting straight dominated but killing the other teams PP and scoring a lucky goal or two. It was a miracle whenever we won with more than three goals. Three goals usually happened because they pulled their goalie in a 2-1 deficit.

I think we agree?

I don't remember much of that team. This was before the Center Ice package and the days when ESPN was the only channel for out of town games, and they used to favor the best teams. The only time I saw MTL was when they played Boston. Many of the playoff games weren't broadcasted in the USA at that time.

Tongue in cheek on the gold medal win for price and team canada.

I hear ya dlbair on "who THE VOTERS will pick" or who they wont pick

I am picking who I think is the most valuable player to his team. Price.

Then going out on a limb and saying against the odds Carey will win it. I also posted a list of my top ten with Rinne at number 4. Hutchinson in the nets for jets made my list too. 3 goalies.

I made Price my section knowing he is not the most popular pick, dont have to go to players poll to make my pick.

When Theadore and Hasek won it, highly doubt they were leading any polls in January. But they won it in June.

Think of it this way, take a poll on which team will win the stanleycup..................see how many pick our habs, but some of you still believe thay can. Well thats the same way i am on Price. My long shot pick.

Be honest you just like to fork with people. It is quite funny a lot of times. :)

I think we agree?

We definitely do. I'm just shocked Habs fans would need the stats on Theo's win. It was the most dominant goaltending performance in Canadiens history because the team in front of him was one of the worst teams in Habs history. And yet he still only won the Hart by one vote over Iginla. That's how hard it is for a not-forward to win.

I should also make clear that the team was still better than the teams Hasek carried a few years earlier.