Carey Price..Hart Trophy?

ICEWATER77

Guest Stogey24

Price is a class act. Barry Trotz was asked who the best player in the league is, he said Carey Price without hesitation. That's being said with two of the best point getters in the league on his own team

But Tavares, Ovi, Backstrom all same points, bout 70 and none will not reach 100, so no real 'outstanding' offense season, cept Ovechkin's piling up 50+ goals once again.

Very true but historically the Hart is an offensive trophy which is why so few D and G have ever won it. I hope I am wrong because if you think about who is the most valuable player to his team, the guy that makes his team work and without whom they cannot live. That is Carey Price. :habslogo:

Seems everyone agrees Price is the MVP.

Who the voters are most likely to give it to based on past years is of little concern to me.

I'm calling who is the best player in the league this year in my humble opinion. Not "who do you think the voters like".

There are 720 skaters in the league. 30 goalies. Thats 24 to 1 ratio. Wonder where most of the winners come from? But every now and then a goalie or dman is the best player in the nhl........ like this season.

Seems everyone agrees Price is the MVP.

Who the voters are most likely to give it to based on past years is of little concern to me.

I'm calling who is the best player in the league this year in my humble opinion. Not "who do you think the voters like".

There are 720 skaters in the league. 30 goalies. Thats 24 to 1 ratio. Wonder where most of the winners come from? But every now and then a goalie or dman is the best player in the nhl........ like this season.

Unfortunately the Hart is not decided by you or me, it is decided by the voters.

And many in Washington, NY and other non-Montreal markets wouldn't trade their supserstar for Price nor vote for him as MVP.

And you know that how? We have hab fans on here picking Tavares, Getzlaf, Rinne over Price ........ why wouldn't a caps, or islander fan fan be capable same? Barry Trotts just picked Carey Price as "the best player in the league ? Pretty sure he is in a "non-montreal market"

I for one try to pick who the mvp is every season at some point. First year in decades I have picked a guy from my own team/market.

Price is the popular pick in many markets out side habtown.

Price is 6 Vezina's and 2 MVPs behind best goalie of modern era.

now who's "the fickle fan"

Whats wrong Don am i being too positive now about a habs player? :thumbs_up: I'm trying to follow your lead buddy

Good deal sir.

But was not really dumping on Carey, just perspective and a surprising stat to me (I had assumed Roy/Brodour won more Vezinas during that period).

But Tavares, Ovi, Backstrom all same points, bout 70 and none will not reach 100, so no real 'outstanding' offense season, cept Ovechkin's piling up 50+ goals once again.

Forget about 100 points...there might not be a 90 point guy in the league this year. There's no doubt in my mind that Carey should win the MVP.

Forget about 100 points...there might not be a 90 point guy in the league this year. There's no doubt in my mind that Carey should win the MVP.

Yeah, the league is looking at its lowest scoring Art Ross trophy winner since 67-68. More importantly, could be the lowest PPG Art Ross trophy winner since Bernie Geoffrion in 54-55.

Marty St. Louis hitting only 94 points in 03-04 was argued as a reason for the season lockout.

I think Ovi is other favourite, especially if ends up 55g or something like that.

Price is a class act. Barry Trotz was asked who the best player in the league is, he said Carey Price without hesitation. That's being said with two of the best point getters in the league on his own team

says alot !

I don't understand why MT has such a man-crush on Gilly? He's a third pair guy, why the hell is he seeing so much icetime?! Maybe it's his way of limiting PK+AM down the stretch, who knows..certainly there are other options..and for the record, CAREY PRICE DESERVES THE HART, VEZINA, NORRIS, AND JACK ADAMS THIS YEAR! haha