Montreal Canadiens at NY Rangers | January 29th, 2015 | 1900 EST

lazy26

take a look at nash and krieder and tell me again montreal is bigger.

rangers have two defensemen that that equal alost 80 years old?

i give the edge to rangers in size , youth? i will take your word for it

okay as long as you say they are bigger, we will just disregard facts. I shouldn't be surprised though

You forgot Zucarrello and st.louis. I dont even know how you are arguing against a fact but here we are.

there are six players on these two clubs that are 6 3 or taller

five of them are rangers

the other is carey price

not arguing.

there are six players on these two clubs that are 6 3 or taller

five of them are rangers

the other is carey price

not arguing.

Okay great so we agree the Habs are bigger and younger like I said, contrary to your original post saying the Rangers were younger and bigger.

Okay great so we agree the Habs are bigger and younger like I said, contrary to your original post saying the Rangers were younger and bigger.

yea sure willy, whatever you say

Entertaining period.

yea would love a rematch of these two in the spring

Regarding which team is younger, it's Montreal by around 0.6 years. Here's the screenshot of the chart. That chart is updated with the current rosters as well.

For height/weight, the Habs also had a slight edge based on the rosters at the beginning of the season. Things have changed since then (particularly with Montreal losing some size in Tinordi, Bourque, and Moen) so I wouldn't be surprised if on average, the Rangers are the taller team at least - but only by a minor amount.

Regarding which team is younger, it's Montreal by around 0.6 years. Here's the screenshot of the chart. That chart is updated with the current rosters as well.

I'm concerned, that's a good seven month's experience on the side of the Rangers. The Habs don't have the leadership to win a game like this.

on the ESPN.com site, they have Prust at 6'2"...that has to be wrong?!?! I thought he was more like 6'0"

He is. In his first year with the Habs, they listed him at 6'2 but changed it back to 6'0 at the start of the 2013-14 season.

http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2014/10/2014-15-nhl-teams-by-height-weight-and.html?m=1

Weight height and age all here. Montreal youger and bigger as of October 2014

Yeah, that's the second of the links I posted. I couldn't find anything more up-to-date though.

As for the game itself, it has been quite entertaining. Very evenly played, good chances on both sides. That's nice to see after a not-so-well-played win on Tuesday.