Washington Capitals at Montreal Canadiens | January 31st, 2015 | 1300 EST

lazy26

Yes, no reason to play Price tomorrow, give him the day off. If you can't score more than 1 against Phoenix you don't deserve any points. Let the team win a game. Tokarski is fine.

Good news is back to back shutouts and played pretty well, bad news only 2 goals in 2 games.

i kinda feel bad that i'm complaining(seeing as our boys are winning), but we need to find a way to score more goals. Carey can't get shutouts in every game!

i kinda feel bad that i'm complaining(seeing as our boys are winning), but we need to find a way to score more goals. Carey can't get shutouts in every game!

The past two games were serious goalie battles. I think the Habs looked good in both. We just had the better goalie, and honestly, the best goalie in the league.

What a goalie. I watched it on delay on the DVR so I couldn't join you guys here, but kudos to the team for a really hardfought effort again today. And once again, thank you so much Mr Gainey for your priceless legacy that keeps on giving. Great move sir.

On another note, saw that great Montreal Canadian, Patrice Brisebois, the Montreal born true hockey player. He's in Dollard des Ormeaux (Dollard was himself a great hero saving Montreal with a few teen-aged friends from a massed Irooqois army) celebrating local hockey culture and still expressing his gratitude for the example of that saint on ice, Jean Beliveau.

Apparently, the last time a team won back-to-back 1-0 games with the same goalie and same goal scorer in each game was back in 1954 (Toronto).

Cool stat until the end.

So a lot of people who wants a 3-2-1 scoring system, would like this win to be worth the same as a shootout. I'm sorry, but that was a team win worth full points.

My patent pending 2-1-0 scoring system which nobody embraces would give us a full win there. 2 points for a win as a team (regulation or OT) 1 point for a shootout. (Devalues the shoootout, but satisfies the need for a winner. 0 points for losing. (Well ya) I really believe this system would keep stat tracking fairly constant and force teams to play for the win as a team.

Ditto. But that was my reaction to most of PG's moves - Kaberle, cammalari in game trade, coaching firings just before game time

I was never on that bandwagon. I was on the "wtf is Gauthier thinking?" Bandwagon when he traded for a prospect with 7 games experience.

Cant say I hate Subban's edginess with Krieder and then Leich/Wilson and if he can get under skin of opponent is smart.

Thomas Sekac Eller is an interesting line.

I was never on that bandwagon. I was on the "wtf is Gauthier thinking?" Bandwagon when he traded for a prospect with 7 games experience.

Let's face it: Halak did not have much value. Price was much more valuable back then, even if he had his share of problems. His potential was known across the league, and we know why today.

So a lot of people who wants a 3-2-1 scoring system, would like this win to be worth the same as a shootout. I'm sorry, but that was a team win worth full points.

My patent pending 2-1-0 scoring system which nobody embraces would give us a full win there. 2 points for a win as a team (regulation or OT) 1 point for a shootout. (Devalues the shoootout, but satisfies the need for a winner. 0 points for losing. (Well ya) I really believe this system would keep stat tracking fairly constant and force teams to play for the win as a team.

You're not alone on this one. I embraced this system since the beginning. Exactly what I'd like it to be.

You're not alone on this one. I embraced this system since the beginning. Exactly what I'd like it to be.

I would rather have this, rather than the 3 points for a win system...

I don't care what system is in place as long as each game awards the same amount of points. It makes zero sense for one game to hand out 2 points to a team and another to hand out 3.

I disagree. The system BCHabnut, myself and some others propose would allow 2 or 1 point. Never 3 though.

They do that in soccer (3 pts for a win / 0 for a loss total of 3 and 1 each team for a tie for 2 points total) and it's all good.

I disagree. The system BCHabnut, myself and some others propose would allow 2 or 1 point. Never 3 though.

They do that in soccer (3 pts for a win / 0 for a loss total of 3 and 1 each team for a tie for 2 points total) and it's all good.

My proposal is 3 wins for a win in regulation, 2 for a win in ot/shootout and 1 for ot/shootout loss. Teams go for the win in regulation and also really separates teams that hold on for the extra frame. Anyway, different opinions, all good.

My proposal is 3 wins for a win in regulation, 2 for a win in ot/shootout and 1 for ot/shootout loss. Teams go for the win in regulation and also really separates teams that hold on for the extra frame. Anyway, different opinions, all good.

Except that your proposal keeps the Loser Point alive. It is, for some of us, the main concern. We want to get rid of it + have the teams push for a "team win" before shootout.

Except that your proposal keeps the Loser Point alive. It is, for some of us, the main concern. We want to get rid of it + have the teams push for a "team win" before shootout.

You rally your troops and I will rally mine. Eventually the scoring system will change to something and I think mostly everyone can agree the current one needs to change.