Arizona Coyotes at Montreal Canadiens | February 1st, 2015 | 1300 EST

lazy26

lol so what? he was drafted to be the habs future number one center.

LOL ........ "its safer on wing he wont get run over" ??????????? hey play him less too, its safer. meybe dont dress him some nights....that even safer.

"Future number one center" I guess the future hasn't come yet. He'll be our number one center soon enough and then every point made here about how he "hasn't been already" or "never will be" will be moot.

"Future number one center" I guess the future hasn't come yet. He'll be our number one center soon enough and then every point made here about how he "hasn't been already" or "never will be" will be moot.

true enough. guess i'm not as patient as some. believe he is ready now.

Me, I don't care where he plays.

But his trial at centre was mixed results and my only issue is why some are so fixated on "he must be a #1 centre now" and suck it up if you arnt ready reminds me of one team in Edmonton with #1 picks tossed in over their heads with no safety net.

How has that paid off or how smart does that approach seem?

Tough Love is the way to go! Suck it up buttercup! If you get hit and concussed, dust yourself off and get the F back out there princess!

(This message is Don Cherry approved!)

But his trial at centre was mixed results and my only issue is why some are so fixated on "he must be a #1 centre now" and suck it up if you arnt ready reminds me of one team in Edmonton with #1 picks tossed in over their heads with no safety net.

Tough Love is the way to go! Suck it up buttercup! If you get hit and concussed, dust yourself off and get the F back out there princess!

Fork I thought that was Don Cherry.

If you dont care where he plays then YOU "suck it up" :rofl:

Not to encourage Don Cherry... but.... Hahahaha...

Chucky played about 155 games on wing. About what 10 games playing center.

Has one hat trick. Guess what position he was playing.

I

Is that the only stat? I really dont doubt for a minute but that the management and coaches have an excellent understanding of exactly where ChuckYuk stands in his development and relative to other players and other needs of the team. I personally have very little doubt but that he'll be back at centre when its right for the team and right for him. And then fans will nod their heads sagely "and say, "I told you so." Everybody can see his skill set and the potential. Patience.. which comes from the latin word 'patior' means "a willingness to suffer." or as an ancient sage once said... ."Suck it up buttercup!" :rolleyes:

Er...that was Don who said that apparently.. :blush:

I'll repeat myself because it's so much fun: Alex himself asked to be moved back to the left wing because he wasn't feeling comfortable at center anymore. Therrien agreed. If Alex gets comfortable again he's likely to ask to be moved back to center. There's more to the position than just where you are and Alex is still only 20. He likely wants to have a great handle on the NHL game before he goes back there.

Next year he will likely start at center. If you don't like the decision I'm sure we can just trade him to a team that'll actually listen to a player like him. Since you'd prefer Therrien to force him.

I'll repeat myself because it's so much fun: Alex himself asked to be moved back to the left wing because he wasn't feeling comfortable at center anymore. Therrien agreed. If Alex gets comfortable again he's likely to ask to be moved back to center. There's more to the position than just where you are and Alex is still only 20. He likely wants to have a great handle on the NHL game before he goes back there.

Next year he will likely start at center. If you don't like the decision I'm sure we can just trade him to a team that'll actually listen to a player like him. Since you'd prefer Therrien to force him.

"i'll repeat myself since its so much fun"

i'll repeat Chucky (when asked about moving back to wing).

"i'm not the coach, its tough for me to evaluate it. To be honest i try not to think about it at all. Wherever they put me, I'll try to be comfortable and adjust to it. Whether its center or the wing. I was center and felt comfortable, also feel good on the wing. It doesn't bother me at all"

MT wants Chucky, DD and Pleks all on the top six. Nothing wrong with wanting that. So one of them has to play wing. Chucky is MT's choice. Absolutely nothing to do with chucky feeling uncomfortable at his natural position.

check the interview ............... chucky did not and never would state "i dont feel comfortable at center" really now, what player would.

"i'll repeat myself since its so much fun"

i'll repeat Chucky (when asked about moving back to wing).

"i'm not the coach, its tough for me to evaluate it. To be honest i try not to think about it at all. Wherever they put me, I'll try to be comfortable and adjust to it. Whether its center or the wing. I was center and felt comfortable, also feel good on the wing. It doesn't bother me at all"

MT wants Chucky, DD and Pleks all on the top six. Nothing wrong with wanting that. So one of them has to play wing. Chucky is MT's choice. Absolutely nothing to do with chucky feeling uncomfortable at his natural position.

check the interview ............... chucky did not and never would state "i dont feel comfortable at center" really now, what player would.

Over the course of years, a decision like that could be confused if it were second hand gossip. MT said that a month ago, and it was confirmed that Galchenyuk would rather play on the wing, because he wasn't comfortable. Do you think MT/MB care about the PR of playing Galchenyuk as a winger during their best season in twenty years? Because that's the only logical reason to lie about a decision that really wasn't met with much fanfare. Galchenyuk wasn't comfortable in the center position for the last four or five games, as evidenced by his lack of production against the top centers on the road. I was at the game in Florida and Dave Bolland ate him for breakfast.

This is a "tin foil" hat quality message board post. I'm sure that you think Plekanec is somehow involved...

• Upvote 1

Over the course of years, a decision like that could be confused if it were second hand gossip. MT said that a month ago, and it was confirmed that Galchenyuk would rather play on the wing, because he wasn't comfortable. Do you think MT/MB care about the PR of playing Galchenyuk as a winger during their best season in twenty years? Because that's the only logical reason to lie about a decision that really wasn't met with much fanfare. Galchenyuk wasn't comfortable in the center position for the last four or five games, as evidenced by his lack of production against the top centers on the road. I was at the game in Florida and Dave Bolland ate him for breakfast.

This is a "tin foil" hat quality message board post. I'm sure that you think Plekanec is somehow involved...

LOL. Nah. I am just quoting chucky. But now that i have checked with you i know have it correct.

"Plekanic involved" You mean the goat from last nights hab loss? Two on one with the goalie pulled. Pass the goat horns to #14 .

LOL. Nah. I am just quoting chucky. But now that i have checked with you i know have it correct.

"Plekanic involved" You mean the goat from last nights hab loss? Two on one with the goalie pulled. Pass the goat horns to #14 .

You're wrong. But that's okay, because you don't watch the games, as evidenced by your lack of posts in the GDTs an overall lack of comprehension in all things Habs.

Speaking of rumors and second hand gossip, there's one going around that you didn't post for a week because your mother took away your internet privileges, care to comment?

You're wrong. But that's okay, because you don't watch the games, as evidenced by your lack of posts in the GDTs an overall lack of comprehension in all things Habs.

Speaking of rumors and second hand gossip, there's one going around that you didn't post for a week because your mother took away your internet privileges, care to comment?

I thought there was a general agreement to stop the personal attacks. You weren't slandered why do you respond this way?

Like attracts like. Negativity begets negativity.

And....

Some people just bring out the beast best in others, every time they speak.

Personally, I love the personal attacks, they are so much fun, albeit a terrible affliction and outcome brought, to an internet discussion forum.

Therefore it's important for "be respectful" to be the number one rule in this environment, but some people just don't understand the concept of respect.

So here we are again... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

lol Already posted the day i got back from mexico. Thanked the boys for the updates of the three games i missed.

• Upvote 1