Feb. 8, Habs vs Bruins, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Because he is another version of a Darche, Moan, Prust, just not skilled, nor paid enough and simply dosent belong in any top six on a real contender.

Need someone who makes 2 or 3X his salary to fill that role.

You might want to rethink that Don. Personally I only worry about salary if a guy isn't producing up to expectations and therefore becomes a drag on the cap. It appears to me that Weise is playing well above expectations. Not to worry, because in a "what have you done for me today world"; if he should faulter, he will find himself back where you may think he should be. Weise is a real nice story for the Habs.

Because he is another version of a Darche, Moan, Prust, just not skilled, nor paid enough and simply dosent belong in any top six on a real contender.

Need someone who makes 2 or 3X his salary to fill that role.

Wiese makes 1 mill per year, PAP makes 4 mill. Hmmmm I like Wiese.

I am a Wiese fan, he is very efficient.

And I not too worried where he (or Prust) are playing.

Because isn't it Therrien who is the worst flip-flopping roster guy around? That is a common complaint isn't it, so why worry too much about who lines up where, it will likely change soon enough if dosent work, no?

(but look at Therrien's WIns-Loss record and he seems to be coming up with winning combinations more often than not)

Such as; a Vanek, Jagr, ORielly, Vermette, Yakapov is who most seem to want over a Wiese.

Almost every coach in the NHL tweaks their lines on a nightly basis and within games. Of all the criticisms of Therrien, that is the most pointless.

I think it's one of the most pertinent criticisms because the lineup and line combinations are really one of the only areas that is strictly a coach's decision. You do want to change your lines, especially within the game itself but I do believe there is a point where a coach can actually overdo it, especially prior to games. Perhaps the NHL is changing, I could agree with that with the amount of teams who are spreading their talent throughout the lineup. Goalies are pulled earlier than they ever were and perhaps it's been decided that the recipe for success is a balanced lineup rather than a clear 1st line, so I agree that things are changing and perhaps a coach has to be more proactive in lineup management than in the past. I think many teams still have at least a star or two on the first two lines but the difference between the first and fourth lines has become much less than in the past. Coaches also have to matchup their lines home and away and depending on the strengths of their opponent.

Now with that being said, I used to come on here even a few years ago and I can assure you that our lines were kept intact throughout the season a lot more than they are nowadays. The main time our lineup was changed were when a top player was slumping or when we wanted to put a goon in (now becoming more obsolete). The question is then is it Therrien who changes the lines so often or is the league changing? A combination of both? Either way, even if it is changing, then coaching is even more important than it ever has been when it comes to lineup decisions and if things don't go well then the coach definitely is the one who deserves to take the heat in this specific area; not the players who don't have time to develop chemistry with a linemate. In addition, he deserves just as much credit when things go well.

This team has needed a guy who was big enough to go to the net and have decent enough hands to finish the job. Weise fits that bill pretty well and I love seeing a guy succeed who works his bag off

Weise became one of my favorite players on this team very quickly after the Habs acquired him last year. He continues to earn my adoration. The kid can do everything. He's the fastest skater on the team. He has the hands to put the puck in the net. He's big and will drop the gloves. He's responsible defensively. And he's not even a notable hit on the salary cap. None of that even mentions his unbridled enthusiasm, and the clear fact that he is absolutely elated to be playing in Montreal.

Does he have enough offensive talent to be on the "top line?" No, but that's not relevant when you roll three lines evenly. What he obviously has is more offensive and defensive talent than Lars Eller, who has completely worn out his welcome with me now. At 3.5 million a year, he's less useful in every way than Dale Weise.

Weise became one of my favorite players on this team very quickly after the Habs acquired him last year. He continues to earn my adoration. The kid can do everything. He's the fastest skater on the team. He has the hands to put the puck in the net. He's big and will drop the gloves. He's responsible defensively. And he's not even a notable hit on the salary cap. None of that even mentions his unbridled enthusiasm, and the clear fact that he is absolutely elated to be playing in Montreal.

Does he have enough offensive talent to be on the "top line?" No, but that's not relevant when you roll three lines evenly. What he obviously has is more offensive and defensive talent than Lars Eller, who has completely worn out his welcome with me now. At 3.5 million a year, he's less useful in every way than Dale Weise.

I'd looove to see a net to net race between Weise and Bournival. To be honest, I believe Bournival is the fastest skater without the puck we've had since Grabovski. But Dale Weise should be right there with them.

What he obviously has is more offensive and defensive talent than Lars Eller, who has completely worn out his welcome with me now. At 3.5 million a year, he's less useful in every way.

This has been a topic which I believe has not been explored enough on this forum. Eller simply does not deliver. This guy has all the tools, yet cannot put his game together. He has shown snippets of developement, only to regress the next 10 games. I would rather give Ryder 3 million for streaky play, than let this guy clog up a spot much longer. I hope during the playoffs, I have to eat crow, but for now he is my new Borque. I also think he has the same problem. Confidence. Get this guy a high end shrink. If that doesn't work, give up on him.

This has been a topic which I believe has not been explored enough on this forum. Eller simply does not deliver. This guy has all the tools, yet cannot put his game together. He has shown snippets of developement, only to regress the next 10 games. I would rather give Ryder 3 million for streaky play, than let this guy clog up a spot much longer. I hope during the playoffs, I have to eat crow, but for now he is my new Borque. I also think he has the same problem. Confidence. Get this guy a high end shrink. If that doesn't work, give up on him.

I think they tried that a couple of years ago. no?

In this watered down league i would give Eller more time and see if he delivers again in play offs. Only stiffs will come in to replace him. Heck the habs cant even put together 12 forwards they want. They have 9 forwards and a bunch of bulldogs trying to make the team......for what 200 straight games? Still dont have a '"fourth line" In todays nhl you get stuck with players.

In this watered down league i would give Eller more time and see if he delivers again in play offs. Only stiffs will come in to replace him. Heck the habs cant even put together 12 forwards they want. They have 9 forwards and a bunch of bulldogs trying to make the team......for what 200 straight games? Still dont have a '"fourth line" In todays nhl you get stuck with players.

Lars Eller sucks. He's on the same points pace as 2011-2012. He hasn't progressed since.

Guest Stogey24

Lars Eller sucks. He's on the same points pace as 2011-2012. He hasn't progressed since.

definitely wouldn't say he sucks. He's playing a good defensive game

Eller is the dictionary definition - practically the Platonic Form - of mediocrity. He is a guy who can eat a decent amount of minutes without hurting you too much; and that's about all he is. His offensive game is nonexistent except for two weeks a year, and his defensive game, while OK, is - contrary to the religious belief of his dwindling army of defenders - nothing special. He does tally up some hits, but his physicality is just like the rest of his game, i.e., without any real impact. The only hope left for him to become anything other than an utterly forgettable player who plays for us for a few years and departs, unmissed, is that he might be one of those nonentities who somehow manages to find another gear reliably in the playoffs. (It's too soon to say that for sure, but there's no denying he was a monster for us last playoff, and a huge part of the reason why we did as well as we did, given the importance of scoring depth to this team).

Eller is the dictionary definition - practically the Platonic Form - of mediocrity. He is a guy who can eat a decent amount of minutes without hurting you too much; and that's about all he is. His offensive game is nonexistent except for two weeks a year, and his defensive game, while OK, is - contrary to the religious belief of his dwindling army of defenders - nothing special. He does tally up some hits, but his physicality is just like the rest of his game, i.e., without any real impact. The only hope left for him to become anything other than an utterly forgettable player who plays for us for a few years and departs, unmissed, is that he might be one of those nonentities who somehow manages to find another gear reliably in the playoffs. (It's too soon to say that for sure, but there's no denying he was a monster for us last playoff, and a huge part of the reason why we did as well as we did, given the importance of scoring depth to this team).

Yep, say what you want about him but pleks and dd only dream about having the type of play off larry had last season.

Wiese makes 1 mill per year, PAP makes 4 mill. Hmmmm I like Wiese.

agreed. Never wanted PAP and if can dump his soft lazy ass, would be pretty happy. Having said that I'd want a guy who is more skilled than Weisse in our top 6. A kane, Yakapov type of player. Obviously Kane this year is not available, but he is a guy i'd take a chance on for next year.

Guest Stogey24

agreed. Never wanted PAP and if can dump his soft lazy ass, would be pretty happy. Having said that I'd want a guy who is more skilled in our top 6. A kane, Yakapov type of player.

Don't even notice P.A not in the line up. If he can be moved for a pick we'd be looking at somewhere around 10 mill in available cap at the deadline.

The habs are stuck with PAP. Eller may have suitors. I want him gone. Trade a top ten starting goalie for that guy? Still mad about that.

Eller will have suitors.

agreed. Never wanted PAP and if can dump his soft lazy ass, would be pretty happy. Having said that I'd want a guy who is more skilled than Weisse in our top 6. A kane, Yakapov type of player. Obviously Kane this year is not available, but he is a guy i'd take a chance on for next year.

PAPS another small soft forward. Would have blended right in on the on the 012 team.

definitely wouldn't say he sucks. He's playing a good defensive game

yes he has. and anyone who thinks he has not progressed did not watch the play offs last season.