Feb. 8, Habs vs Bruins, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Cuke goes all Plato on our asses!

I stopped reading at Platonic form!! How cool is that! Somebody once summed up western thought with "There's Plato. The rest is commentary. And he (whoever the hell he was is right). We get our word in-form-ation from his theory of forms. We get form and matter from Aristotle's development of this, and he went on to prove the existenc of God as the pure form , or pure Act needed to explain change from one form to another.

Now I'll go back to reading your post! :hyper::hyper:

If someone says Pleks has been bad for us in the playoffs that person has not watched a single game.

Past four season/playoffs PPG pace for Plekanec:

2013-2014

Season: 0.53 PPG

Playoffs: 0.53 PPG

2012-2013

Season: 0.70 PPG

Playoffs: 0.80 PPG

2010-2011

Season: 0.74 PPG

Playoffs: 0.71 PPG

2009-2010

Season: 0.85 PPG

Playoffs: 0.58 PPG

Only 2009-2010 had a significant drop. The other years he keeps the same scoring pace he had in the playoffs. The only credible argument one could try to make is that Plekanec doesn't have a second gear in the playoffs. He plays his usual elite defensive center self.

I've heard any number of times that a player's worth really is what he does in the playoffs, and that this is what the savvy pros play towards. Briere was supposed to be of that variety as I recall. And Borky who went back to being Bourque? He played out his playoff allowance, and perhaps showed that there must be at least a little balance to the playoff equation.

Eller? I just don't know , a mystery wrapped in an enigma, lightly roasted over a low flame until simmering, serve with bocoli. Sorry.. started thinking about supper... :blush:

I've heard any number of times that a player's worth really is what he does in the playoffs, and that this is what the savvy pros play towards. Briere was supposed to be of that variety as I recall. And Borky who went back to being Bourque? He played out his playoff allowance, and perhaps showed that there must be at least a little balance to the playoff equation.

Eller? I just don't know , a mystery wrapped in an enigma, lightly roasted over a low flame until simmering, serve with bocoli. Sorry.. started thinking about supper... :blush:

lol. small sample size from his play off run last year. Year before he was knocked out of series in game one. Hoping he can deliver that type of performance again. But as others patience is running thin.

Past four season/playoffs PPG pace for Plekanec:

2013-2014

Season: 0.53 PPG

Playoffs: 0.53 PPG

2012-2013

Season: 0.70 PPG

Playoffs: 0.80 PPG

2010-2011

Season: 0.74 PPG

Playoffs: 0.71 PPG

2009-2010

Season: 0.85 PPG

Playoffs: 0.58 PPG

Only 2009-2010 had a significant drop. The other years he keeps the same scoring pace he had in the playoffs. The only credible argument one could try to make is that Plekanec doesn't have a second gear in the playoffs. He plays his usual elite defensive center self.

more to life than stats.

I stopped reading at Platonic form!! How cool is that! Somebody once summed up western thought with "There's Plato. The rest is commentary. And he (whoever the hell he was is right). We get our word in-form-ation from his theory of forms. We get form and matter from Aristotle's development of this, and he went on to prove the existenc of God as the pure form , or pure Act needed to explain change from one form to another.

Now I'll go back to reading your post! :hyper::hyper:

I thought you'd like that, Torontohab! Your paraphrase is from A.N. Whitehead, incidentally - who is much more often quoted for that remark about all of philosophy being a "footnote to Plato" than he is actually read nowadays (certainly I can't claim to have read him, but I make a point of knowing the source of that bon mot about Plato...not that I agree with it myself, necessarily. And certainly in terms of modern philosophy, Hume's immediate influence outstrips either Plato or Aristotle, notwithstanding the recent surge in "virtue ethics").

Anyway...carry on... :nuts:

plaks himself said he has been bad in the play offs............. that count as someone who was watching?

When the bruins players says they hate Pleks the most on our team that tells me something. Not Emelin, not Weise but Plekanec.

I'd argue that his second gear manifests in the defensive aspect of the game. He frustrates a lot of the top opposition.

I'd argue that his second gear manifests in the defensive aspect of the game. He frustrates a lot of the top opposition.

He does that all the time. I don't worry too much about his second gear. As long as he doesn't go in reverse.

Also he once, over a half decade ago, said he played like a little girl. Once. One postseason. Otherwise he's been close to his PPG in the playoffs and has been huge defensively. We can't replace Plekanec right now.

great role for a checking line center

He does that all the time. I don't worry too much about his second gear. As long as he doesn't go in reverse.

Also he once, over a half decade ago, said he played like a little girl. Once. One postseason. Otherwise he's been close to his PPG in the playoffs and has been huge defensively. We can't replace Plekanec right now.

Obviously. Thats my point.

True. And by the way, his exact quote was " I've played like a little girl FOR THE LAST TWO GAMES." Not for an entire postseason.

True. And by the way, his exact quote was " I've played like a little girl FOR THE LAST TWO GAMES." Not for an entire postseason.

Oh well thats good. Con Smtythe consideration for only playing like a little girl the last two games of the play offs. Lemme guess he made up for it in October.

byw....he was invisible in game 6 last year in new york. not surprisingly because he was a non factor most of the series as well as a minus player as per usual in spring.

When pleks delivers in the play offs in a big way i will eat my words. If he does not i will listen quietly to the excuses from the TP fan club.

Guest Stogey24

TSN showed a video of Subban trying to horse around with Plekanec after a win skating to the dressing room. Plekanec wanted no part and tried to spear Subban with his stick. Didn't look like they were buddies

TSN showed a video of Subban trying to horse around with Plekanec after a win skating to the dressing room. Plekanec wanted no part and tried to spear Subban with his stick. Didn't look like they were buddies

they did that 2 games in a row, nothing to it

Oh well thats good. Con Smtythe consideration for only playing like a little girl the last two games of the play offs. Lemme guess he made up for it in October.

byw....he was invisible in game 6 last year in new york. not surprisingly because he was a non factor most of the series as well as a minus player as per usual in spring.

When pleks delivers in the play offs in a big way i will eat my words. If he does not i will listen quietly to the excuses from the TP fan club.

:surrender: