Feb. 8, Habs vs Bruins, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Only saw the third period, but damn. The way we took the game back over after that Bruins goal - that was really impressive.

Weise! Can all the people who were b**ching about him on the first line kindly line up for their plate of crow? :lol:

I will bet you can't find them right now. He looks good on that line. A little toughness on that line is just what they need. Patches ain't goona fight. Weise will but he can score I love it.

"Price is now tied for fourth on the Canadiens' all-time wins list with Bill Durnan with 208 victories."

Hmm is that not a crazy stat? It seems like he still has a lot left in him. I guess we can start naming hockey arenas around the Montreal area after Price already.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/teams/montreal-canadiens-goalies-career-nhl-stats.html

Dryden was a beast. I think it's crazy how many of our goalies have been Canadian born throughout our history. 44 Canadian goalies, 2 Slovaks, 2 Americans, 1 Swiss and 1 French goalie out of goalies who have played more than 5 games. Even on the second page, 20 of the next 25 were Canadian. This also includes all the backups we've had.

"Price is now tied for fourth on the Canadiens' all-time wins list with Bill Durnan with 208 victories."

Hmm is that not a crazy stat? It seems like he still has a lot left in him. I guess we can start naming hockey arenas around the Montreal area after Price.

Oh no he is much too young for that. He has another 20 years. Do not ruin this very young man's awesome future with empty gestures of adulation.

Note: there may be some tongue in cheek stuff in this statement.

There's one big difference between Price and the other goalies on that list.

Here's hoping he can rectify that. Because if and when he does, he will go down with the all-time greats for an organization that has always had all-time great goalies.

Only saw the third period, but damn. The way we took the game back over after that Bruins goal - that was really impressive.

Weise! Can all the people who were b**ching about him on the first line kindly line up for their plate of crow? :lol:

No. He is not the long term solution to the line, so those who are against him aren't wrong. They just aren't right either.

• Upvote 1

Weisse will chip in 2 or 3 out of every 19 or so games. He is not even close to being the long-term right solution for the 1st line - at least not on a serious cup contender.

I will bet you can't find them right now. He looks good on that line. A little toughness on that line is just what they need. Patches ain't goona fight. Weise will but he can score I love it.

Pastrnak I thought looked too good for an 18 year old and was doing great in AHL before called up.

3 crap teams on schedule this week...should we be worried about overconfidence being an issue all week?

DD with 6pts and Weise/Pacioretty with 5pts in last 3 games, nice to see bit more offense.

Emelin going after Lucic, after getting run himself and the reaction he got was priceless!

Lucic really isn't very smart is he and must be up to 100 retaliation penalties he has vs Habs.

Say it, brother! Did you see that shot of Lucic yapping and moaning as he slunk off toward the dressing room? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA, what a shmuck

No I missed it .. but I'll treasure the thought!

No. He is not the long term solution to the line, so those who are against him aren't wrong. They just aren't right either.

Hahahaha...

Montreal and Boston are separated in the standings by four wins. Guess which ones.

Hahahahaha!!...I know!! I knoww!!! Ask me!!!

weiss and pacs are a great combo on the first line.

Welll...they have held Weiss to only three goals in the last two games...... but I hope he breaks out of the slump. Loved that half-on-his-assp pass to Patch for the go-ahead goal.

I hope he becomes a monster out there. That would be so cool.

Pastrnak I thought looked too good for an 18 year old and was doing great in AHL before called up.

3 crap teams on schedule this week...should we be worried about overconfidence being an issue all week?

DD with 6pts and Weise/Pacioretty with 5pts in last 3 games, nice to see bit more offense.

Emelin going after Lucic, after getting run himself and the reaction he got was priceless!

Lucic really isn't very smart is he and must be up to 100 retaliation penalties he has vs Habs.

Well,...it's hard to get up for games its hard to get up for.

But I'm up for it.

I'm prepared to forgive,

Who understands all, forgives all.

Loved last nights game! Whoa!

I agree that Weise is not a top-6 player (!) and certainly not a long-term fit on the first line. However, two things:

1. People were fuming that MT used him there at all. Well, he was right and the angry fans were wrong. As a short-term fix, he was just what the doctor ordered.

2. Weise is 26 and lost most of his career so far playing under that clown Torterella, who treated him like a scrub and instructed him to do nothing but dump the puck in and not try to make any offensive plays. This was hardly a situation in which his potential, whatever it is, could be fully realized. So there may be some untapped potential there (certainly Weise thinks so; and his refusal to accept a marginal role was one of the reasons Torterella didn't like him). We could potentially be looking at a guy who can move up and down the lineup a bit: sort of a more physical, slightly less skilled (but comparably fast) version of Chris Higgins. I'm not saying he's as good as Higgins, just that he may have that potential for versatility, being good in the top-6 in short spurts, etc..

Weise is a good player, not a guy hanging on by his fingernails like Bournival.

I agree that Weise is not a top-6 player (!) and certainly not a long-term fit on the first line. However, two things:

1. People were fuming that MT used him there at all. Well, he was right and the angry fans were wrong. As a short-term fix, he was just what the doctor ordered.

2. Weise is 26 and lost most of his career so far playing under that clown Torterella, who treated him like a scrub and instructed him to do nothing but dump the puck in and not try to make any offensive plays. This was hardly a situation in which his potential, whatever it is, could be fully realized. So there may be some untapped potential there (certainly Weise thinks so; and his refusal to accept a marginal role was one of the reasons Torterella didn't like him). We could potentially be looking at a guy who can move up and down the lineup a bit: sort of a more physical, slightly less skilled (but comparably fast) version of Chris Higgins. I'm not saying he's as good as Higgins, just that he may have that potential for versatility, being good in the top-6 in short spurts, etc..

Well said cuke! I completely agree. I don't believe that Weise is a long term solution for the 1st line. We definitely need another top 6 winger...but for now, I think Weise is doing much better than we could have wished for!

Keep up the good work, and here's hoping that Bergevin can acquire a top 6 forward in the next 3 weeks. With another top 6 forward and Weise back to the 3rd line, the Habs would be a much more serious Cup contender!

For sure. Would rather have wiess as the other winger on pax line that anybody on the club. No offense to Gallagher, but if DD is the center.... you just cant have two smurfs on your first line. So weiss is the guy to play there.

But expect the usual, when pleks line goes south for extended period (and it will) the lines including the first line get shuffled.

Would like to see pleks on consitent checking shut down line chipping in the odd goal. Get a fourth line that is not a combination of five bulldogs and manny.

you just cant have two smurfs on your first line. So weiss is the guy to play there.

I agree. You can have one smurf on a line, but you can,t have two. Already that our second line isn,t very big with Pleky and Gally...

I don't know what the problem is with Wiese that some people see. He hits, checks, skates like the wind, goes to the net. can score if given the opportunity. I just don't know what people want from him. He opens space for Patches and DD, you can't have all 40 goal scorers on the first line. Someone has to do the dirty work, and he seems pretty good at it. We do need another scoring winger (sniper) but Wiese gives us a lot of flexibility. I really think MB scored big time getting him and dumping that slug defenceman who can remain nameless.

Because he is another version of a Darche, Moan, Prust, just not skilled, nor paid enough and simply dosent belong in any top six on a real contender.

Need someone who makes 2 or 3X his salary to fill that role.

Guest Stogey24

I don't know what the problem is with Wiese that some people see. He hits, checks, skates like the wind, goes to the net. can score if given the opportunity. I just don't know what people want from him. He opens space for Patches and DD, you can't have all 40 goal scorers on the first line. Someone has to do the dirty work, and he seems pretty good at it. We do need another scoring winger (sniper) but Wiese gives us a lot of flexibility. I really think MB scored big time getting him and dumping that slug defenceman who can remain nameless.

This team has needed a guy who was big enough to go to the net and have decent enough hands to finish the job. Weise fits that bill pretty well and I love seeing a guy succeed who works his bag off

Because he is another version of a Darche, Moan, Prust, just not skilled, nor paid enough and simply dosent belong in any top six on a real contender.

Need someone who makes 2 or 3X his salary to fill that role.

Such as?