DD NHL's Third Star of the Week-Where Are the H8erz Now?

Yup.

You would think Cynics must almost be running out of stuff to continuously whine about.

That lil centre is doing quite well and nice 2nd effort on goal.

Nobody is whining......not evetrybod feels the same about every player...............does not mean they are "whining" when asked repeatedly why they dont think highly of a certain player. Did not consider your constant bashing of Nathan Beailue as whining while I and others were complimenting him.

How about we are all thankful that DD is producing at the current rate.

yes sir.

Just as the Eller bashers were thankful when he picked up his game.

Just as the Price bashers were thankful when they wanted to keep halak over him.

Just as the NB bashers are thankful now that he was given a role.

Just as the wiess playing on the first line bashers are thankful he is there with dd and pacs.

The truth, Habs30/31, is somewhere in between your earlier opinion and Bostonhabs' opinion.

DD is a good player. He's great second line centre. He's a weak first line centre. He's inexpensive, but small. He's skilled, he's got a lot of character -- but he's got limitations. I'd still rather have 3 David Desharnais' than 1 Claude Giroux and 2 Lars Ellers. Problem is we don't have 3 David Desharnais. We have DD, Pleks (comparable, with a slightly different skillset), and Eller. Eller is not good enough for rolling 3 even lines, because he brings down whatever line he's on.

We haven't really had a sure first line centre since Pierre Turgeon was on the Habs. Koivu could have been, but injuries and cancer relegated him to second line status.I would love to have one, but I don't think it's necessarily required. I do think that DD and Pleks both provide enough talent and character to give the habs two dangerous centres...but it doesn't even begin to compare to, say, Crosby and Malkin.

Just as the NB bashers are thankful now that he was given a role.

I'll be thankful if and when he starts to produce. The best thing I can say about NB, is he's not costing us any games right now, which is better than I expected.

I'll be thankful if and when he starts to produce. The best thing I can say about NB, is he's not costing us any games right now, which is better than I expected.

I did not expect him to cost us any games as i have watched him evolve for quite some time. However he was very nervous when first playing with the big club, and anchored with the likes of gilbert at first. Ya cant do that to a rookie. Readings Larry Robinsons second book right now and he tells of every single new kid that came up was automatically his partner. Smart way to go with raw young inexperienced D. When NB was put with Gonchar he was night and day compared to playing with Mrs. Gilbert.

For the coin he's making, I don't see any problem with DD in the least. Yes, he has plenty of limitations, but equally yes, he's value for dollar. Perhaps more important, he seems a fit with the rest of the players, who apparently pull for him because he's an underdog. Whatever keeps that dressing room pulling together, IMO.

For the coin he's making, I don't see any problem with DD in the least. Yes, he has plenty of limitations, but equally yes, he's value for dollar. Perhaps more important, he seems a fit with the rest of the players, who apparently pull for him because he's an underdog. Whatever keeps that dressing room pulling together, IMO.

i dont see a problem with DD persay............ i see a problem with the habs lack of a true number one centerman and their goal of winning four rounds against teams that do have one (or more)

History does not lie. Last team to win a cup with out a "true number one centerman" were the devils in 95. Niel Broten (although he managed a point a game in the cup winning run) Go back as far as you like history shows every cup winner had a high point getting number one center. Most had two. Some even had three. Admiral job by the habs centermen thus far, but that does not change them into the type of number one centerman that have been winning championships. Will the habs be the next 95 devils? Been twenty years, and even longer before that. Only time will tell.

Kopitar is not much more in points than DD or Pleks. I don't care care much between 50-70. If you're not hitting 82+ (preferably 90+), you're not a star centre.

kopitar and or carter would are number one centers................pleks and dd would be three and four if the two kings joined the habs today.

All this talk of #1C and #2C makes my ass twitch. Sure, we need that legit number one guy who's big, strong and dominant - Galchenyuk soon enough, I believe - but as things stand today, why do we have to have labels? It's not like Weise is a legit #1 winger, is it? No, these lines are mashed so the Habs can roll three legit threats and have a fourth that can stir the pot. I'd say our record is a testament to not having an absolute need of a #1 guy down the middle - can't we all agree on that one, tiny point? We can all argue about the "ideal world" scenario until we're blue in the face, but that won't change the reality of now.

The Habs need Chucky to mature into that role, they need another power winger, and they need one more top-3 defender. That's the ideal world. Part one is under way, and if the rumours are to be believed, Bergevin is working hard on the latter two, such that some of the pundits are fairly certain Montreal will pull off a deal that will turn heads. Will he get a #1C? Honestly, I doubt it. I think he's looking winger and defender. His number one C just needs another few weeks/months of seasoning.

So when we sit here and decry the output and effectiveness of DD when he's playing well enough to earn every single penny and he keeps guys (like Pacioretty!) happy, then why complain? DD is what he is, is paid as such, and until he's traded or usurped, he's in that position.

The truth, Habs30/31, is somewhere in between your earlier opinion and Bostonhabs' opinion.

DD is a good player. He's great second line centre. He's a weak first line centre. He's inexpensive, but small. He's skilled, he's got a lot of character -- but he's got limitations. I'd still rather have 3 David Desharnais' than 1 Claude Giroux and 2 Lars Ellers. Problem is we don't have 3 David Desharnais. We have DD, Pleks (comparable, with a slightly different skillset), and Eller. Eller is not good enough for rolling 3 even lines, because he brings down whatever line he's on.

We haven't really had a sure first line centre since Pierre Turgeon was on the Habs. Koivu could have been, but injuries and cancer relegated him to second line status.I would love to have one, but I don't think it's necessarily required. I do think that DD and Pleks both provide enough talent and character to give the habs two dangerous centres...but it doesn't even begin to compare to, say, Crosby and Malkin.

Well put once again. I tip my hat to you in the way you can take a topic and nail it on the head.

i would only disagree with "dont thinks its necessarily required" I lean toward it's very wishful thinking to win four rounds with out one. But thats just me.

All this talk of #1C and #2C makes my ass twitch. Sure, we need that legit number one guy who's big, strong and dominant - Galchenyuk soon enough, I believe - but as things stand today, why do we have to have labels? It's not like Weise is a legit #1 winger, is it? No, these lines are mashed so the Habs can roll three legit threats and have a fourth that can stir the pot. I'd say our record is a testament to not having an absolute need of a #1 guy down the middle - can't we all agree on that one, tiny point? We can all argue about the "ideal world" scenario until we're blue in the face, but that won't change the reality of now.

The Habs need Chucky to mature into that role, they need another power winger, and they need one more top-3 defender. That's the ideal world. Part one is under way, and if the rumours are to be believed, Bergevin is working hard on the latter two, such that some of the pundits are fairly certain Montreal will pull off a deal that will turn heads. Will he get a #1C? Honestly, I doubt it. I think he's looking winger and defender. His number one C just needs another few weeks/months of seasoning.

So when we sit here and decry the output and effectiveness of DD when he's playing well enough to earn every single penny and he keeps guys (like Pacioretty!) happy, then why complain? DD is what he is, is paid as such, and until he's traded or usurped, he's in that position.

Cool that we can have completely different opinions on the matter.

didn't the devils win

i dont see a problem with DD persay............ i see a problem with the habs lack of a true number one centerman and their goal of winning four rounds against teams that do have one (or more)

History does not lie. Last team to win a cup with out a "true number one centerman" were the devils in 95. Niel Broten (although he managed a point a game in the cup winning run) Go back as far as you like history shows every cup winner had a high point getting number one center. Most had two. Some even had three. Admiral job by the habs centermen thus far, but that does not change them into the type of number one centerman that have been winning championships. Will the habs be the next 95 devils? Been twenty years, and even longer before that. Only time will tell.

i get your point and i would love a getzlaf, tavares, kopitar or malkin.... but a #1 C is not the number 1 element needed to win a cup. history also shows every team had an elite defender, a hot goalie, a scoring winger...

hot/great goaltending and sound defence are probably #1 and #2 and a #1 defensmen probably trumps a #1 C as well... the 2011 bruins didn't have a big elite point getting #1 C in bergeron and why go back to 1995 for the devils when they won cups in 2000 as well as 2003 (gomez was there #1)

DD is a friggin' animal out there. He's like a starving dog going after a pile of bones idiots left in the slot. A savage effort from MSL Lite.

:rofl: yea, maybe you can get his autograph, and out his poster up in your room

didn't the devils win

i get your point and i would love a getzlaf, tavares, kopitar or malkin.... but a #1 C is not the number 1 element needed to win a cup. history also shows every team had an elite defender, a hot goalie, a scoring winger...

hot/great goaltending and sound defence are probably #1 and #2 and a #1 defensmen probably trumps a #1 C as well... the 2011 bruins didn't have a big elite point getting #1 C in bergeron and why go back to 1995 for the devils when they won cups in 2000 as well as 2003 (gomez was there #1)

krechi won the scoring race in the play offs of 011 and again in 013 i believe.

:rofl: yea, maybe you can get his autograph, and out his poster up in your room

krechi won the scoring race in the play offs of 011 and again in 013 i believe.

03 Devils had former con smyth trophy winning Joe Nuendyke.

Yes but was slammed into doghouse a couple games agao and his icetime was really curtailed since. Not sure exactly what he did, other than some weak play in own end, btu is to be expected of a young d.

He should learn and only improve and is avoiding any major brain cramps at least.

kopitar and or carter would are number one centers................pleks and dd would be three and four if the two kings joined the habs today.

Yes. But they still don't fit the role of that #1 star centre. They're an upgrade on DD or Pleks, but not a huge one. That's what I'm saying. LA might have had better centres than we do, but not by a huge margin, and they've won twice in recent years. With better D and better Goaltending than LA (which are more important positions), we can contend.

closing arguments except newiendyuk was on the decline already in 2003 and gomez had more points,more TOI and a better +/- in both the regular season in playoffs. in 2000 gomez was also the 1C outscoring his other C linemates by 20 points?

also, thanks for pointing out that both kreiji and bergeron are both NOT "#1C"

OK. closing arguments finished from my end. :surrender:

and the bruins were able to go to the finals not once but twice without one.

• Upvote 1

His number one C just needs another few weeks/months of seasoning.

I'd bet that's the thinking. We can't always get what we want, and we can't get it right away.

Yes. But they still don't fit the role of that #1 star centre. They're an upgrade on DD or Pleks, but not a huge one. That's what I'm saying. LA might have had better centres than we do, but not by a huge margin, and they've won twice in recent years. With better D and better Goaltending than LA (which are more important positions), we can contend.

LOL yes, Kings might even consider a straight up trade....Kops and Carter for Pleks and DD.