Matt Read - Sean Couturier - Wayne Simmonds
R.J. Umberger - Scott Laughton - Ryan White
Chris Vandevelde - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Vincent Lecavalier

Nick Schultz - Mark Streit
Andrew MacDonald - Nicklas Grossman
Michael Del Zotto - Luke Schenn

Ray Emery
Anthony Stolarz

Injuries: Braydon Coburn, Michael Raffl, Steve Mason, Chris Pronger, Kimmo Timonen

Scratches: Carlo Colaiacovo, Zac Rinaldo

Montreal Canadiens (34-15-3)

Projected Lineup

player_mtl.gif

Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Dale Weise
Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Brandon Prust - Lars Eller - Jiri Sekac
Michael Bournival - Jacob de la Rose - Christian Thomas

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Nathan Beaulieu - Sergei Gonchar
Alexei Emelin - Tom Gilbert

Carey Price
Dustin Tokarski

Injuries: P-A Parenteau

Scratches: Manny Malhotra, Mike Weaver

Team Leaders Philadelphia Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Simmonds (19) Pacioretty (24) Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST
Assists Voracek (41) Subban (25) National TV: N/A
Points Voracek (59) Pacioretty (45) Regional TV: RDS, SNE, CSN-PH
PIMS Rinaldo (75) Prust (92) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Voracek (+11) Pacioretty (+28) French Radio: FM 98.5

Guest Stogey24

I still miss White. He'd get his ass kicked for anyone that's wearing the same sweater as him. Gotta love that

Stolarz was a great goalie when he played for the Knights. I'd be giving him the nod before Ray Emery

Team Leaders Boston Montreal

Game Notes

Goals Simmonds (19) Pacioretty (24) Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST Assists Voracek (41) Subban (25) National TV: N/A Points Voracek (59) Pacioretty (45) Regional TV: RDS, SNE, CSN-PH PIMS Rinaldo (75) Prust (92) English Radio: TSN 690 +/- Voracek (+11) Pacioretty (+28) French Radio: FM 98.5

Boston? :)

But Vinny is the big number 1 center we have always yearned for

I was so so so so happy he didn't come to Montreal. Briere was... not a great Plan B but Vinny has been absolute trash in Philly and nobody will take him, not for free, not even with Philly holding back salary. He's stuck there for the next three years. I don't think they can even buy him out because he's over 35.

I was so so so so happy he didn't come to Montreal. Briere was... not a great Plan B but Vinny has been absolute trash in Philly and nobody will take him, not for free, not even with Philly holding back salary. He's stuck there for the next three years. I don't think they can even buy him out because he's over 35.

Any contract can be bought out. I don't think Philly would want to go that route just yet as the cap hit for the next two years if they did do that would be almost $2.9 M. In other words, they really wouldn't save a whole lot.

Any contract can be bought out. I don't think Philly would want to go that route just yet as the cap hit for the next two years if they did do that would be almost $2.9 M. In other words, they really wouldn't save a whole lot.

I thought you got 0% cap relief when buying out a 35+ contract?

Price is starting? Philly has their backup going...and they're having a rough season. They should give Tokarski the game.

They play Tues/Thurs/Sat this week. With time off between each game, I'd expect Price to get all three. I'm also beginning to get the sense that they're a bit 'skittish' about Tokarski - he's allowed three or more in each of his last three starts and only has four appearances since the end of November. I don't think they have a lot of confidence in him right now so I think they're going to keep running Price out there until the next set of back-to-backs in a week or so from now.

They play Tues/Thurs/Sat this week. With time off between each game, I'd expect Price to get all three. I'm also beginning to get the sense that they're a bit 'skittish' about Tokarski - he's allowed three or more in each of his last three starts and only has four appearances since the end of November. I don't think they have a lot of confidence in him right now so I think they're going to keep running Price out there until the next set of back-to-backs in a week or so from now.

They look like a bubble team when price aint out there.

WEll.. she's not bitching up the Canadian anthem at least. People are supposed to be able to sing it.. not have an "It's all about me" moment with her..

I sure do appreciate your knowledge of the contractual and organizational criteria Brian. Great stuff and thanks

Hahahahah!! .. End of warmup. Great screen.

Haven't we kicked up our shots per game over the last few games?

Offensive zone penalty from Eller. He's so swell.

Unbridled enthusiasm. What a crazy breakaway on the delayed call...whew!

Nice to see all those tribute #4's out there.. and Patches in alone..

What a different flavor from when the Bostoners are in town.