Feb. 10, Flyers vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

With a semi-final appearance last year and a cake-walk to playoffs this year; <0.2% chance of missing in Feb.

What is realistic expectation for this team?

Anything short of semi-final appearance would/should be considered underachievement I suppose?

Maybe Le Genius really has a plan, he is just not telling anyone. We start slow, get better in the 2nd and roar in the 3rd. This means that teams coming to play us know they need 3 goals in the first, otherwise the odds are we win. It has to be very difficult knowing that you just outplayed the Habs by a big margin in the 1st, and you are tied or up by 1. You know that Le Genius is going to go wake the boys up and send them out to play properly in the 2nd and it will get worse in the 3rd. I think he is playing with their heads, how can they get excited about knowing the odds are you are going to lose. You just played a hell of a period and you know the odds are against you. That is what Carey Price provides. He can destroy a teams confidence all by himself. This will work very well in the playoffs, as teams will be afraid to play us. We never give up and we only get better. That is not a bad plan. A little dangerous always taking the first period off but who can argue with the results. :habslogo:

• Upvote 1

Maybe Le Genius really has a plan, he is just not telling anyone. We start slow, get better in the 2nd and roar in the 3rd. This means that teams coming to play us know they need 3 goals in the first, otherwise the odds are we win. It has to be very difficult knowing that you just outplayed the Habs by a big margin in the 1st, and you are tied or up by 1. You know that Le Genius is going to go wake the boys up and send them out to play properly in the 2nd and it will get worse in the 3rd. I think he is playing with their heads, how can they get excited about knowing the odds are you are going to lose. You just played a hell of a period and you know the odds are against you. That is what Carey Price provides. He can destroy a teams confidence all by himself. This will work very well in the playoffs, as teams will be afraid to play us. We never give up and we only get better. That is not a bad plan. A little dangerous always taking the first period off but who can argue with the results. :habslogo:

Its called the we have Carey Price plan.

friggin 35-15-3, shouldnt complain too much "how" as is 3rd year in a row with similar results.

friggin 35-15-3, shouldnt complain too much "how" as is 3rd year in a row with similar results.

I am not complaining Don, except about his suit, I have to admit the results are far and away better than I would have hoped for at the start of the season.

With a semi-final appearance last year and a cake-walk to playoffs this year; <0.2% chance of missing in Feb.

What is realistic expectation for this team?

Anything short of semi-final appearance would/should be considered underachievement I suppose?

If we're out in the first round, even if it was a tough series, I'll be disappointed.

If we're out in the second round, if it's a tough series? I'll be disappointed but be fine with it. If we drop in under six games I'll be disappointed.

If we're out in the ECF, I'll be fine with it. Tons of playoff experience and exactly where I expect the team to be. Lets the team tweak and tool again and figure out what they do to get over the hump.

If we're out in the Stanley Cup finals I'll be sad we didn't win the Cup but happy we expanded on last year to make it to the finals.

If we win the Stanley Cup I won't think much because I'll be blacked out drunk.

• Upvote 2

well whatever we call it, the results are very impressive. His suit not so much. Is he shopping at Value Village?

In Montreal, it's called Village des Valeurs!! :rofl:;) ;)

I still don't get how many people are complaining about Therrien!? In his first season behind the bench, he lead the team to a 63 point season (48 games) That would have lead to a 108 point season over 82 games. In his second season, the Habs had 100 points...and if they keep up the same pace this year, The habs will finish with 113 points.

How can anyone complain???

If we're out in the first round, even if it was a tough series, I'll be disappointed.

If we're out in the second round, if it's a tough series? I'll be disappointed but be fine with it. If we drop in under six games I'll be disappointed.

If we're out in the ECF, I'll be fine with it. Tons of playoff experience and exactly where I expect the team to be. Lets the team tweak and tool again and figure out what they do to get over the hump.

If we're out in the Stanley Cup finals I'll be sad we didn't win the Cup but happy we expanded on last year to make it to the finals.

If we win the Stanley Cup I won't think much because I'll be blacked out drunk.

:clap::halm: So will I!

I still don't get how many people are complaining about Therrien!? In his first season behind the bench, he lead the team to a 63 point season (48 games) That would have lead to a 108 point season over 82 games. In his second season, the Habs had 100 points...and if they keep up the same pace this year, The habs will finish with 113 points.

I don't think there was a complaining note to any part of my post. OK the suit. He has actually fixed some of my complaints about him, such as the p/p actually looks 1/2 decent.

The complaint line on Therrien is always if he's good enough to take them to the Cup and win it.

The Canadiens don't trend positively in puck possession, shots taken or shots allowed so a lot of the success gets attributed to the team defence, something many feel isn't good enough to win them the Cup alone.

In other words, if the Habs do go all the way they will be considered a Fenwick exception. The Therrien coached 07-08 Pittsburgh Penguins are the only sub-50% Fenwick team to make the Cup finals in the last nine years. The 08-09 Penguins (Therrien/Bylsma) are the lowest Fenwick team to win the Cup in the past nine years at 50.1%.

The Habs are currently playing at a 50% Fenwick %.

Will de la Rose get sent back to Hamilton before the "magic 9 game" contract limit?

Or still be in the lineup for game #10 on Feb 21 vs Columbus?

If Malhotra draws back in, is it de la Rose the one who will sit, or will they just put him on the wing and sit Bournival?

HR, I was not referring to your comment but more just piling on the 'who cares we are winning and have been for 3 yrs BS', again I see was poorly worded.

Hey man no problem. We're cool.

Ask Bylsmas boss and the pens fans. It happens. High expectations would be my I guess. Too high maybe.

Will de la Rose get sent back to Hamilton before the "magic 9 game" contract limit?

Or still be in the lineup for game #10 on Feb 21 vs Columbus?

If Malhotra draws back in, is it de la Rose the one who will sit, or will they just put him on the wing and sit Bournival?

I'm glad it's a coach's decision. I think he was exemplary in the Flyers game but I remember the team letting a hot streak from Bournival keep him up with the club when only a few games later it was clear he wasn't ready.

Honestly? Screw the nine game limit. If he plays more than nine games and looks good and on games 10, 11 and 12 he can't keep it up? Send him down. No more promising roster spots and Montreal apartments until a player proves they can play the whole year. I don't care if it burns a year. I want the best team possible and the best growth situation for all players.

No disrespect to Bournival but the Big Swede seems more intriguing prospect, but will be curious to see how Mgmt treats him?

Leafs & Red Wings are coming up and are 2 good games to see how he handles bit more pressure.