Detroit Fire of 2015: Habs @ Joe Louis Arena, 7:30 PM EST

Quite a nice season they got going for themselves.

Great to see Carey get shutout and easy one for Max at the end.

Weise with awesome touch pass (which I thought he originally just missed puck), nice win.

Dat feel when you're drunk and "doesn't matter, had Pleks" situation happens, holy cow!

What a simply terrific shot, pass and slapper.

Wunderbar!!

Quite a nice season they got going for themselves.

Great to see Carey get shutout and easy one for Max at the end.

Weise with awesome touch pass (which I thought he originally just missed puck), nice win.

I thought Weise had missed it too.. deft.

1.93, .935%, 32w in 45starts, his numbers are getting quite 'nice'.

Nice doesn't even begin to describe it! Price is in position to set montreal's all time save% record. If his second half continues, he is the obvious vezina winner.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't matter had plex is the ultimate parody (the lonely island for those who miss the reference)

That play was just sheer sweet. Pac's shot was going for the corner , the super magic pass from Weise and the gorgeous slapper from Pleks.

Hockey is not often that pretty. Sheer grace.

Poor Manny was only 24% on faceoffs (but de la Rose was 0-4), if he keeps that up he will be eating lots of hot dogs in pressbox.

24%.. .Manny the faceoff man?!1 Whew.. tough

Just got back.

Don't know how it looked on TV but live it was a slow game. Not a lot of strong opportunities. Red Wings had a big advantage in the third but the Habs were stronger overall.

Result is the important part. Love beating the Wings!

Good for you MoLG. Hope you enjoyed it. I just loved the play around Plek's goal.

Have we become the New Jersey Devils of ol' ?

Price as the new Brodeur.

We have the lowest GA in the league.

We have offensive firepower but we're in the bottom half of the East for Goals Scored.

Good comparison zumpano.

Guest Stogey24

Have we become the New Jersey Devils of ol' ?

Price as the new Brodeur.

We have the lowest GA in the league.

We have offensive firepower but we're in the bottom half of the East for Goals Scored.

Hey, the Devils won a couple cups with their defensive style. If that's what it takes, I'll keep my mouth shut

Thing is, like those Devil's teams, we can win with that style, we have the goalie, and we also have the speed and offense to score when we need to.

Capitalize on mistakes and make them make mistakes by pressure and a sound system, yep, I said a sound system, by the coach.

I enjoyed the total control that Price showed last night, thank you Bob Gainey for seeing this man's potential, and drafting him...

Good for you MoLG. Hope you enjoyed it. I just loved the play around Plek's goal.

I went with good friends so we enjoyed ourselves. We paid for bleeding seats and then found four empty seats in the lower bowl and sat there instead around the second period.

I've been to Red Wings/Habs games before and every time it's a complete snoozefest. This was a win and even more boring. It's not just goals but just the tempo. I'm hearing people all over the Internet say it was a good game or this and that but to me it felt like the Habs were hardly skating and the Red Wings had no idea how to shoot. It's funny because the Red Wings are statistically the old Habs: blazing PP and awful 5 on 5 scoring.

De La Soul impressed me. Price was always in position. Datsyuk burning that tire in the end was embarrassing but before that he was easily the most skilled player on the ice. For Habs fans thinking Weise is the worst player on a top line? That award should goto Justin Abdelkader. He's on pace for a 40 point season and I don't think he earned a single one of them. Awful, awful player but because he's big-ish he gets top line wing time.

I like the 14:10 de la Rose got but not the 0:00 Sekac got. Hope he draws back in tomorrow.

Patches - DD - Thomas played quite a bit last night but it's clear that Pacioretty and Plekanec have undeniable chemistry. I'd want:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Thomas

Galchenyuk - DD - Gallagher

Eller - DLR - Sekac

Prust - Bournival - Weise

Guest Stogey24

I like the 14:10 de la Rose got but not the 0:00 Sekac got. Hope he draws back in tomorrow.

Not happy about that scratch. Therrien constantly plays favourites. Do you think Sekac would ever be a scratch if he was from Quebec City? Hell no.

Patches - DD - Thomas played quite a bit last night but it's clear that Pacioretty and Plekanec have undeniable chemistry. I'd want:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Thomas

Galchenyuk - DD - Gallagher

Eller - DLR - Sekac

Prust - Bournival - Weise

Ya, looks like nice lines, but what a nice set up by Wiese.

I am one who isnt upset that lines arnt written in stone and exactly who plays with who I am fine leaving coaching staff sort that out.

IF, track record wasnt what it is, THEN I might be nick-picking on choices, but holy moly simply continue to do well and maybe after scratch Sekac will come back with renewed 'vigor' and take puck hard to net when he gets a chance or starts shooting more?

I quite enjoyed the game last night. We got the right result. The play by Wiese was a beauty baby. I am beginning to not care what "system" Le Genius is running, it works, so who cares. We really need another scorer. This team is a contender, be nice if they could quit losing to the bottom 3 teams but they win when it counts. I don't see them being dominated and intimidated by good forechecking teams. I don't think we need a "Captain", we have 4 associate captains and it works so don't fix it. It was fun watching PK talk to the guys in o/t explaining what everyone should do. At least that is what it looked like what was happening to me. I am really beginning to think this team has a good shot at the finals.

Let's keep up the good work, whether we are winning because of Le Genius or in spite of, makes no difference to me. Let's just win. :1banana: