Question: Isn't Tinordi ready?

REV-G

His game last night, while not free of mistakes, was considerably more dynamic than I expected and markedly better than I've seen from him before. It was the little things that made the biggest differences. In particular I felt his decisions and reactions were at a speed necessary to succeed at the NHL level. Now we have to see if that was adrenaline-assisted, or whether this call-up is *the one,* so to speak. If he continues as he did, it's a strong base point for a developing, full-time NHLer.

Imagine what he could do with fifty games of playing every night and when he does make a mistake he is aloud to get right back out there. Then imagine gim playing with PK, Markov, NB or Gonch.......instead of the weakest D dressed that night. (gilbert, weaver, patryn)

Subban on Tinordi "he is going to be a force in this league"

Habs MGT and/or coaching have an over inflated opinion on their top seven if they think they leave no room for a up and comer like JT.

If i'm on Boston, Detroit or Tbay etc and its a play off series against the Habs, i'm glad when i see Gilbert dressing over Tinordi. Just saying

:monkey: Gotta laugh, because even though as Cuke insinuates, I may very well be a moron, but again, I did not proclaim him ready, just made an observation of his game vs Fla, and certainly didn't ask for the redundant speech on leaving players in the minors as opposed to bringing them up, when they are this near ready, I made a statement that did however address the thread's title, more than the same old speech about "keeping players in the AHL to develop" does, if you want to talk about addressing the thread's title.

I also stated that I did not want to argue...but some people love to write to re-read what they wrote, whether it addresses the subject or not. The thread certainly doesn't ask about "your philosophy on player development" now does it?

How does that opinion on development address the question of "isn't Tinordi ready?"

If you watched the game, maybe you could shed some light on the question, "Isn't Tinordi ready?"

... but alas.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

:monkey: Gotta laugh, because even though as Cuke insinuates, I may very well be a moron, but again, I did not proclaim him ready, just made an observation of his game vs Fla, and certainly didn't ask for the redundant speech on leaving players in the minors as opposed to bringing them up, when they are this near ready, I made a statement that did however address the thread's title, more than the same old speech about "keeping players in the AHL to develop" does, if you want to talk about addressing the thread's title.

I also stated that I did not want to argue...but some people love to write to re-read what they wrote, whether it addresses the subject or not. The thread certainly doesn't ask about "your philosophy on player development" now does it?

How does that opinion on development address the question of "isn't Tinordi ready?"

If you watched the game, maybe you could shed some light on the question, "Isn't Tinordi ready?"

... but alas.

Two words Nathan Beaulieu. Let the kids play! Tinordi's presence on the blueline goes a long ways. Couple big hits and a fight last night. When was the last time a D-man did that on this team besides Beaulieu?

Two words Nathan Beaulieu. Let the kids play! Tinordi's presence on the blueline goes a long ways. Couple big hits and a fight last night. When was the last time a D-man did that on this team besides Beaulieu?

God bless you.

I understand that young defencemen take longer to develop than forwards, and that time in the AHL is especially important for young defence men. But IMO I believe that JT's time in the minors has been completed. I think he has learned what he can and now he needs to be brought along as some of the other young guys have.

Let him play against NHL players, with their speed and hockey IQ, but protect his minutes and who he is out against and when. We did the same for a few years with Galchenyuk and Gallager. So why not do this for JT now?

Someone has already stated that he is [at the worst] close to both Gilbert and Weaver, so with his size and potential why not bring him along slowly and give him a good long look.

If he proves not to be up to it they could include him in a trade this summer. So for me, I think he is deserving to have a good legitimate shot in the NHL. I remember how many times Emelin was beat last year playing on his wrong side. So hopefully they will give him a really good long look and let things work out as they will.

... but alas.

My post may have been boring and self-indulgent (one hopes not, but stranger things have happened). BUT my point that there is zero correlation between how Tinordi plays in ONE GAME and his overall "readiness." So my not watching that game has no bearing on the thread's question. There is no link between the two.

Now, I know you're not a moron, so you too must know that one game proves absolutely nothing. Otherwise Perezhogin would still be first-line NHL winger and Ryan O'Byrne would be a superstar.

My post may have been boring and self-indulgent (one hopes not, but stranger things have happened). BUT my point that there is zero correlation between how Tinordi plays in ONE GAME and his overall "readiness." So my not watching that game has no bearing on the thread's question. There is no link between the two.

Now, I know you're not a moron, so you too must know that one game proves absolutely nothing. Otherwise Perezhogin would still be first-line NHL winger and Ryan O'Byrne would be a superstar.

In fifty five games of watching Gilbert this year i know this.....JT brings more to the team.

Incidentally - nowhere did I say he ain't ready. All I really said was there was no big mistake in sending him down to marinade some more. That, plus the "one game proves nothing" argument, which isn't really an argument so much as an obvious fact.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

They were talking on TSN690 and it has crossed my mind a couples times too. Tinordi got beat up in the O', broke his orbital plus concussion and got dropped in the A' suffered a concussion. All of the sudden if he gets hurt in another fight and suffers another concussion things start to get a little scary, No?

Yes Tinordi has been dropped twice, but if you check hockeyfights website, there simply arnt many fighters who haven't been rocked and dropped sooner or later.

But for sure is always a worry with a big young physical d-man, who needs confidence to play well and not be tentative in doing what needs to be done on occasion..

I'm with you guys.Teams are starting to bully us and I gotta say, WELCOME JT!

ya I agree, plus we don't really have a choice right now so lets just wait and see what happens. When Gonchar gets back then we can open this debate again, until then I just want to see JT flatten a couple of guys... its been missing from our blueline as of late.

Also I think a Tinordi-Emelin pair would be really fun to watch come playoff time. Go habs GO

to answer the original question of this thread, I think it might be a little hard to say if Tinordi is ready after only one game this season. I liked what I saw in the game against Florida (even though he made a couple of mistakes). I think that Tinordi brings something that none of our d-men can bring (with the exception of Emelin) and that's some toughness, capability of clearing the front of the net. Emelin is likely to be out for 3-6 weeks. if that's actually the case, i think Tinordi should stay in MTL.

Forget about getting another dman before the trade deadline. Bergevin should concentrate on getting another top 6 winger who can score. Our offense needs some kind of boost!

Incidentally - nowhere did I say he ain't ready. All I really said was there was no big mistake in sending him down to marinade some more. That, plus the "one game proves nothing" argument, which isn't really an argument so much as an obvious fact.

Can't argue, or should say, wouldn't argue with that. That would make an obvious fact that I am indeed a moron.

I agree that being sent down isn't necessarily a bad thing, or the worst thing either, in fact, I agree that time in the minors until deemed ready by the management, is a fine development strategy.

My main point in all this was... I didn't proclaim him ready, I said he was a force vs Florida, thas it mang ... :ph34r::ph34r:

Maybe I'm getting too sensitive in my old age like some of the PC overdoses I've witnessed lately on the interweb...

Sometimes I'm just a cranky Irishman, sorry if I offended you Cuke... :surrender:

to answer the original question of this thread, I think it might be a little hard to say if Tinordi is ready after only one game this season. I liked what I saw in the game against Florida (even though he made a couple of mistakes). I think that Tinordi brings something that none of our d-men can bring (with the exception of Emelin) and that's some toughness, capability of clearing the front of the net. Emelin is likely to be out for 3-6 weeks. if that's actually the case, i think Tinordi should stay in MTL.

Forget about getting another dman before the trade deadline. Bergevin should concentrate on getting another top 6 winger who can score. Our offense needs some kind of boost!

That's what I should have said in the first place...

Amen.

Can't argue, or should say, wouldn't argue with that. That would make an obvious fact that I am indeed a moron.

I agree that being sent down isn't necessarily a bad thing, or the worst thing either, in fact, I agree that time in the minors until deemed ready by the management, is a fine development strategy.

My main point in all this was... I didn't proclaim him ready, I said he was a force vs Florida, thas it mang ... :ph34r::ph34r:

Maybe I'm getting too sensitive in my old age like some of the PC overdoses I've witnessed lately on the interweb...

Sometimes I'm just a cranky Irishman, sorry if I offended you Cuke... :surrender:

That's what I should have said in the first place...

No offence taken! I thought I offended YOU.

I've been frequenting this board less often lately - I used to surf it every day and post on nearly every thread - precisely because it's taken a snarkier turn in recent months, and I can do without the aggravation.

I think the real problem was the thread title...it invites a discussion surrounding all these questions of player "readiness" rather than just an analysis of Tinrodi's game against Florida.

Anyway, no harm done. And one thing we can all agree on: we all want to see Tinordi play well and kick ass and become a monster top-4 defender for years to come. (I'm seriously concerned that this won't be the case, but that's another matter. We all share the hope).

I've been frequenting this board less often lately - I used to surf it every day and post on nearly every thread - precisely because it's taken a snarkier turn in recent months, and I can do without the aggravation.

I think the real problem was the thread title...it invites a discussion surrounding all these questions of player "readiness" rather than just an analysis of Tinrodi's game against Florida.

Anyway, no harm done. And one thing we can all agree on: we all want to see Tinordi play well and kick ass and become a monster top-4 defender for years to come. (I'm seriously concerned that this won't be the case, but that's another matter. We all share the hope).

For sure, and its about time the Habs found out. At least with JT the jury is still out. Gilbert and Weaver already found guilty. They suck.

Anyway, no harm done. And one thing we can all agree on: we all want to see Tinordi lay well and kick ass and become a monster top-4 defender for years to come. (I'm seriously concerned that this won't be the case, but that's another matter. We all share the hope).

I have my doubts about Tinoridi's abilities as well. My big fear is that management trades him and he turns into a Chara. Im pretty sure NYI and OTT would like a muligan on their chara trades. But right now, I dont see Tinordi knocking Emelin out of that last left defenseman spot.

I have my doubts about Tinoridi's abilities as well. My big fear is that management trades him and he turns into a Chara. Im pretty sure NYI and OTT would like a muligan on their chara trades. But right now, I dont see Tinordi knocking Emelin out of that last left defenseman spot.

PK on Tinordi "he's going to be a force in this league"

Guest Stogey24

I've liked Tinordi's game way more than Emelin's.

He ain't gonna be Chara. The offensive game isn't there.

Chara's offensive game was nothing until his 3rd full season in the show. I think your right though, I don't really see him being a big point producer.

I think you posted something his fight last night too, cringing at every punch Boll threw. I feel the same way. Bad things can happen to fighters when they lose confidence

Tinordi obviously has size. Habs are lacking in the tough guy department. He is an ok fighter. I think he has been schooled that his ticket to the big league lies in being able to provide that.. However he is not a natural fighter. If he keeps going with the heavy weights, the natural tough fighters.....in trading blows with those guys he may risk facing the the same fate as Brett Lindros.