Sekac traded to Anaheim for Smith-Pelly

sim.on

I find Eller very frustrating but perhaps the extra patience is due to the extra difficulty in acquiring centres?

I could definitely see Eller being traded as De La Rose takes his spot.

Sekac market still high. They did not give up on him, MB knows he HAS to have some physical players that can play minutes. DD, Gally, Pleks, Pacs, Sekac, Parenteau, Eller, Chucky, Bournival, Delarose, Thomas, Angregetti, ...that leaves Prust and Weiss. Ever seen a team with less physicality up front heading into play offs? You cant have all big physical guys, nor can you have all fast, finesses guys. Habs need more of a mix. MB knows this. Thats why Sekac is a now Duck and SP is a Hab.

Habs likely have been "extremely patient with Eller and dd" during tough times because neither would have brought much in a trade. Sekac is a gamble, but fifty games in his upside is still unknown. Ducks are hoping he scores, as habs are hoping SP becomes a power forward. Either way both have a deep supply of what they gave up, and a short supply of what they acquired. Thats why it's being referred to as a "hockey trade"

Eller is upset with his play. He really seems to be lost out there and I wouldn't be shocked to see him moved by Monday. I still believe he has potential to be a decent 2nd line centre but it probably won't happen here. As for SM, he looked pretty decent considering its his first game and all.

Eller is upset with his play. He really seems to be lost out there and I wouldn't be shocked to see him moved by Monday. I still believe he has potential to be a decent 2nd line centre but it probably won't happen here. As for SM, he looked pretty decent considering its his first game and all.

For what they could get for him at this low part of his season, not worth trading him. He may yet add something for a series or two in the play offs. Dont know why but i think he will

Sekac market still high. They did not give up on him, MB knows he HAS to have some physical players that can play minutes. DD, Gally, Pleks, Pacs, Sekac, Parenteau, Eller, Chucky, Bournival, Delarose, Thomas, Angregetti, ...that leaves Prust and Weiss. Ever seen a team with less physicality up front heading into play offs? You cant have all big physical guys, nor can you have all fast, finesses guys. Habs need more of a mix. MB knows this. Thats why Sekac is a now Duck and SP is a Hab.

Habs likely have been "extremely patient with Eller and dd" during tough times because neither would have brought much in a trade. Sekac is a gamble, but fifty games in his upside is still unknown. Ducks are hoping he scores, as habs are hoping SP becomes a power forward. Either way both have a deep supply of what they gave up, and a short supply of what they acquired. Thats why it's being referred to as a "hockey trade"

We have to remember that the "goal scorer" Jiri Sekac scored a whopping 11 goals in the KHL. We have no idea if he will ever become a goal scorer, and Le Genius for whatever reason just didn't like his style of play. Sekac would have sat DSP will play. A trade MB had to make, he turned a bench sitter into a player.

For what they could get for him at this low part of his season, not worth trading him. He may yet add something for a series or two in the play offs. Dont know why but i think he will

The trouble with Eller is that he has lost his spot to DLR, and that he does not know how to play the wing (unlike DD who did OK). I would move him in a package deal for a top 6... I think his time in Montreal has come to an end

Eller, Tinordi for O'Reilly?

I love ROR's play, but he's an UFA after next year. Even IF we keep him, he'll cost more than the $6.2M he's making in 2015-16. I'll leave the number-crunching to those more inclined, but could we afford him?

I love ROR's play, but he's an UFA after next year. Even IF we keep him, he'll cost more than the $6.2M he's making in 2015-16. I'll leave the number-crunching to those more inclined, but could we afford him?

Nope not likely.

Sekac had an assist and was a +2 last night.

Of course, he seems to be playing on a line with Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf, which could jumpstart just about anyone's career.

Yep, and on his assist he just pulled up so as to avoid a hit and put it in a spot for Perry to do the rest.

Bournival would put up 50 pts playing with Perry and Getz.

There is a reason he wasn't part of the Habs future, and I trust Bergevin and Therrien made the right decision.

Yep, and on his assist he just pulled up so as to avoid a hit and put it in a spot for Perry to do the rest.

Bournival would put up 50 pts playing with Perry and Getz.

There is a reason he wasn't part of the Habs future, and I trust Bergevin and Therrien made the right decision.

The trade was made because the habs are too soft. They have an abundance of what sekac brings, and a short supply of what GSP brings.

What good is another Bourque?

bourque did not throw hits like this kid, or crash the crease like this kid, or stay at the crease like this kid.

If you think bourque and SP are the same style of players you have not watched SP play a shift.

He's a third line crasher. Thats it. Can he become more than? maybe. But doubt he'll crack habs top six going forward.

DSP has as many points as Sekac bud!

But Sekac is just a rookie and was not playing 14+minutes, so bit Apples/Oranges.

But from what I have seen Pelly cant even handle a puck (or bout same as Gilbert) and zero skill around the net.

But, he may be a fine fit as bottom six grinder.

Guest Stogey24

But Sekac is just a rookie and was not playing 14+minutes, so bit Apples/Oranges.

But from what I have seen Pelly cant even handle a puck (or bout same as Gilbert) and zero skill around the net.

But, he may be a fine fit as bottom six grinder.

Sekac wasn't liked by the coaches.

Guest Stogey24

Pretty short evaluation period eh?

Scratched 10 times and never given a shot on top line or some consistent reps on top PP. You know the saying untapped potential?....Bingo ;)

Sekac with Getzlaf and Perry was just what I was concerned about. Even if Sekac enjoys artificially inflated numbers from playing with those guys, it's going to look bad for years to come if he becomes a fixture there - unless SP evolves into a top-6 guy. That said, I'm not panicking based on short-term results.