Sekac traded to Anaheim for Smith-Pelly

sim.on

With only 1 (borderline) All-Star forward, this team better play good defense if want to win.

and the new jersey devils were ripped for years and years for that type of hockey.

Habs have been out shot what six straight games? (leafs out shot them) They have played some decent d and some very sloppy d this season. Price bails them out time and time again. We all know that.

Lunquist went down 14 games ago............Rangers record without their star goalie? 11-1-2

Habs "defensive game" is nowhere near good enough to pull that off.

and the new jersey devils were ripped for years and years for that type of hockey.

Habs have been out shot what six straight games? (leafs out shot them) They have played some decent d and some very sloppy d this season. Price bails them out time and time again. We all know that.

Lunquist went down 14 games ago............Rangers record without their star goalie? 11-1-2

Habs "defensive game" is nowhere near good enough to pull that off.

Yes team simply sucks...cept for Price, we get it.

Someday if all the stars align, Habs may be as good as Rangers/LA/Caps/Tampa/Ducks/Wings/Hawks etc, but till then we have to put up with and pull for the shitty hopeless team we got to cheer for (or some of us do anyways).

just wondering if anyone actually watches the games... we give up shots as part of our system... we are a transition hockey team, we defend in numbers, we try and keep everything outside, and counter punch on the break.. if you watched the habs and leafs you'd see the habs gave up shots but not any moment in that game did the leafs even look like they'd have a chance...

just wondering if anyone actually watches the games... we give up shots as part of our system... we are a transition hockey team, we defend in numbers, we try and keep everything outside, and counter punch on the break.. if you watched the habs and leafs you'd see the habs gave up shots but not any moment in that game did the leafs even look like they'd have a chance...

To answer your question, no, they don't watch. We allow 30.3 shots per game. The team with the fewest is Minnesota at 26.9. I'm thinking Carey can handle those 3 extra shots.

Well kinda interesting to see Sekac vs Pelly so soon after trade, which one will try and do "too much" in this one, just out of spite for being traded?

Yes team simply sucks...cept for Price, we get it.

Someday if all the stars align, Habs may be as good as Rangers/LA/Caps/Tampa/Ducks/Wings/Hawks etc, but till then we have to put up with and pull for the shitty hopeless team we got to cheer for (or some of us do anyways).....

"Yes team simply sucks" YOUR words not mine Don.

I was talking about defensive game needing some work.

What did you just post about "pacs being out only all star forward" ...yea the rest of the forwards simply suck we get it.

hey maybe i'm wrong on the "defensive game"...............like you were on Beauliue. I see YOU are not ripping Nate to shreds any more. Did "all the stars align" ?

Well kinda interesting to see Sekac vs Pelly so soon after trade, which one will try and do "too much" in this one, just out of spite for being traded?

OK if nobody else is gonna acknowledge it I will.

What a statement play. Sekac speeds down the wall on a dump in. Passes the Candiens winger, puts Subban on his ass in the corner. Gets the puck out front and drives to the net for the screen. His line mate puts the puck past Price, for the game winning goal.

After MT telling the media loud and clear after benching Sekac for the last time "he needs to be better with out the puck" What does the kid do against his former team? Creates the game winning goal where most of the work came from him "without the puck"

Exactly, it's the way we play as a system, doesn't lead to a lot of goals, or maybe great advanced stats, but it has the Canadiens in 1st place in the East.

4 new guys in the lineup, and we put up nearly 40 shots, on the road, in the 1st place overall team's barn last night, sometimes it's just not your night...

Calm down panic prone peeps. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Ducks did that last night, gave up 37 shots and never looked like they were not going to win the game.

I think some one just made a comment how the habs were getting a bit sloppy and rely too much on the goalkeeper so they can get away with it. But referring to the last few games............ throwing up averages over the last sixty four games is nice though, thanks.

"does anyone actually watch the games"? No, only you do. :thumbs_up:

Tonight's game is also not a given, however, if we go to AZ and lose again the panickers will surely be out in full force!

Just because some dont throw up excuses, point to the standings, cheerlead about the last win and the next win after losses is not panicking. :halm:

Looking for improvements before play offs, tweaks here and there have been going on since Gordie Howe was a rookie. Panicking? HAA!

Did you think MB was "panicking" when he traded Sekac? Course not, trying to improve the club. Did ya think it was a panick move to bring in four new guys to a first place team? Of course not, he is simply doing what is natural.............looking to get even better. GM's do it, fans talk about it.

To answer your question, no, they don't watch. We allow 30.3 shots per game. The team with the fewest is Minnesota at 26.9. I'm thinking Carey can handle those 3 extra shots.

If you guys are going to keep up using good arguments and reliable stats, it's going to be tough for guys like me to contribute with my usual calibre observations. :blush:

OK if nobody else is gonna acknowledge it I will.

What a statement play. Sekac speeds down the wall on a dump in. Passes the Candiens winger, puts Subban on his ass in the corner. Gets the puck out front and drives to the net for the screen. His line mate puts the puck past Price, for the game winning goal.

After MT telling the media loud and clear after benching Sekac for the last time "he needs to be better with out the puck" What does the kid do against his former team? Creates the game winning goal where most of the work came from him "without the puck"

One goal does not a trade evaluation make. We all gave Sekac the edge on creativity and skill. Is he going to become Bang Bang Sekac? I loved having the guy on our team and feel the pain, but I really do trust MB's judgment a lot more than mine for team needs and performance.

Exactly, it's the way we play as a system, doesn't lead to a lot of goals, or maybe great advanced stats, but it has the Canadiens in 1st place in the East.

4 new guys in the lineup, and we put up nearly 40 shots, on the road, in the 1st place overall team's barn last night, sometimes it's just not your night...

Calm down panic prone peeps. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Hahahahaha... It's so easy to overlook 4 new guys feeling their way. The team started to gel some weeks ago and you could see the chemistry flow on the ice. Weasel C.

One goal does not a trade evaluation make. We all gave Sekac the edge on creativity and skill. Is he going to become Bang Bang Sekac? I loved having the guy on our team and feel the pain, but I really do trust MB's judgment a lot more than mine for team needs and performance.

Trade evaluation? where??

Merely commented on the kids great play against his former team.

Already stated i like the trade because it was made for one reason...... to address the fact that the habs are too soft. Period.

Trade evaluation? where??

Merely commented on the kids great play against his former team.

Already stated i like the trade because it was made for one reason...... to address the fact that the habs are too soft. Period.

Gotcha. And I agree with you. Sure hated to see Sekac leave though. Dazzle is dazzling.

:rofl: knew some one would jump all over that

Left a rebound. :lol: