TradeCentre '15

ICEWATER77

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They suck on the road, are barely in a playoff spot after 8-2 run. So L.A. needs help and luck for sure.

They lost Voynov so another D was a must.. Just won 9 straight.

Yawned through first fifty games last year too, then went on a winning streak in February.

Clarkson vs Horton. Done.

That's one way for a big market team to flex some financial muscle. Horton will be on LTIR (with an uninsured contract) for the next five years. But, it allows them to go over the cap in the same way that Boston and Philly can. Now, they only have to worry about bonuses putting them over the cap ceiling...which is something that those other two teams have to deal with every year too.

That's one way for a big market team to flex some financial muscle. Horton will be on LTIR (with an uninsured contract) for the next five years. But, it allows them to go over the cap in the same way that Boston and Philly can. Now, they only have to worry about bonuses putting them over the cap ceiling...which is something that those other two teams have to deal with every year too.

I see this being a good deal for the leafs, getting rid of clarkson's contract. But why is Horton's contract uninsured? I didn't think you could have an uninsured contact in the NHL. That get's pretty expensive.

I see this being a good deal for the leafs, getting rid of clarkson's contract. But why is Horton's contract uninsured? I didn't think you could have an uninsured contact in the NHL. That get's pretty expensive.

UFA's that get big money deals but have a checkered injury past often have at least some part uninsured. Some of the really long-term deals are only partially insured as well. It's up to the teams if they want to take that risk. For Columbus, they did and as a result, they now view Clarkson as an asset in that he can actually suit up unlike Horton.

UFA's that get big money deals but have a checkered injury past often have at least some part uninsured. Some of the really long-term deals are only partially insured as well. It's up to the teams if they want to take that risk. For Columbus, they did and as a result, they now view Clarkson as an asset in that he can actually suit up unlike Horton.

Well then can this be considered a hockey deal since neither guy can actually play hockey? :) I just had to use that one. Now I want to know is Maholtra's contract insured? If teams can't get insurance I guess they better be damn sure the guy can play. I never knew this and it gives a different perspective to the foolishness of some GM'S.

This seems like an utterly cretinous move by the Jackets. Way to acquire the worst, most crippling contract in hockey, you idiots; and way to relieve the Leafs of any consequences for their own abject stupidity. G**damn it, it doesn't matter how stupid the contract is, there is always some blithering imbecile of a GM who is only too happy to either sign or acquire it.

This seems like an utterly cretinous move by the Jackets. Way to acquire the worst, most crippling contract in hockey, you idiots; and way to relieve the Leafs of any consequences for their own abject stupidity. G**damn it, it doesn't matter how stupid the contract is, there is always some blithering imbecile of a GM who is only too happy to either sign or acquire it.

Yeah not sure what the point is other than they get an actual skater (can't use the term player).

i'm surprised the leafs still didn't need to retain salary. You figured they would have needed to retain at least $1M to $1.5M given the way Clarkson's contract is structured.

i'm surprised the leafs still didn't need to retain salary. You figured they would have needed to retain at least $1M to $1.5M given the way Clarkson's contract is structured.

ha! Clarkson came to toronto giving interviews, "home town boy gonna help bring cup back to toronto" Thought he was a rock star around town. Then he stunk for a season a half, before being being traded for a guy who is basically retired. HAAAAAAA ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: