TradeCentre '15

ICEWATER77

Meh. Flynn? Just another Bowman and Tangradi. I think there are guys better that are younger. Depth for Hamilton again? I guess he's youngish. So that is good.

Edited by dreegking

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Flynn? Just another Bowman and Tangradi. I think there are guys better that are younger. Depth for Hakilton again? I guess he's youngish. So that is good.

He's not heading for Hamilton, he needs waivers and has been a full-time NHL'er for two years now.

Have you watched any Oiler games lately Don?

Petry looks good man, stop worrying ;)

Why would anyone, but scouts, watch an Oiler game? :ph34r:

I said nothing about Petry, other than quoted couple facts.

On the surface he seems to have done nothing in NHL yet and so nothing to get too excited about. Solid depth d-man, after Gilbert, Allen flops.

Why would anyone, but scouts, watch an Oiler game? :ph34r:

I said nothing about Petry, other than quoted couple facts.

On the surface he seems to have done nothing in NHL yet and so nothing to get too excited about. Solid depth d-man, after Gilbert, Allen flops.

Allen wasn't a flop. It was a brilliant salary dump. He was in the minors when we got him, and that's where he belongs.

Chris Stewart informed of his trade by James Duthie. He asks who it is and the whole studio starts laughing, then James tells him. LOL

so we picked up a dman and added to our crowded 4th line. Didn't our biggest need - goal scoring.

Well, that was a bit underwhelming.Tons of bottom 6 depth and not much else. I too thought there was something else in the works, but the TSN tracker hasn't moved in like 10 minutes now.

So, the Jackets get nothing for Wisniewski. Would love to know what happened between him and the staff. He wanted to stay in Columbus and is way better than other guys getting top minutes, like Savard.

I was going to say they got less than nothing... the draft pick and the other guy don't quite make up for having to take Borked.

I'm a little worried about how they try to fit these three guys in, the inevitable tinkering, and what it could mean to chemistry as we approach the playoffs. Hopefully they don't try to force any of it...

I'm really happy they should be able to run out the 3rd and 4th lines hard every night and keep fresh legs going by inserting guys as needed. Having some decent depth to simply run teams ragged as much as possible in a playoff run can be pretty valuable. I also love the depth on D which could be invaluable leading up to, and including, the playoffs...and might keep Subban and Markov fresher as well as less likely to get injured...not to mention being better able to overcome any potential injuries to any of the D corps, or take the time to get over nagging ones.

I don't mind the depth moves. They cost relatively little, and if you're gearing up for a long playoff run, you want to have lots of "go to" options. People forget what a grind the playoffs are. And I don't blame Zoot for not bagging a top-6 FW. Given the ridiculous price he paid for a rental #4 defenceman, I'm rather happy he didn't.

It's still the Petry thing that bothers me. I failed to notice at first that the "conditional" pick becomes a third-round pick if we get to the Eastern Conference Final. Given that we have a fairly good chance of doing that, we could quite realistically be looking at a 2nd and a 3rd in a deep draft year for a few weeks of middling service on the blueline. Sure, I'm glad we have Petry in the short run. But anyone saying Zoot Suit doesn't overpay had better think again.

I sure hope we can sign the guy. Who knows, maybe they're giving up on Gilbert and hope to move the G-man out this summer and sign Petry. Otherwise, I am lukewarm about the deal at best.

Guest Stogey24

I don't mind the depth moves. They cost relatively little, and if you're gearing up for a long playoff run, you want to have lots of "go to" options. People forget what a grind the playoffs are. And I don't blame Zoot for not bagging a top-6 FW. Given the ridiculous price he paid for a rental #4 defenceman, I'm rather happy he didn't.

It's still the Petry thing that bothers me. I failed to notice at first that the "conditional" pick becomes a third-round pick if we get to the Eastern Conference Final. Given that we have a fairly good chance of doing that, we could quite realistically be looking at a 2nd and a 3rd in a deep draft year for a few weeks of middling service on the blueline. Sure, I'm glad we have Petry in the short run. But anyone saying Zoot Suit doesn't overpay had better think again.

I sure hope we can sign the guy. Who knows, maybe they're giving up on Gilbert and hope to move the G-man out this summer and sign Petry. Otherwise, I am lukewarm about the deal at best.

Exactly, the playoffs are tough. I don't have a lot of faith in the secondary scoring on this team if a guy like Pacioretty goes down.

Exactly, the playoffs are tough. I don't have a lot of faith in the secondary scoring on this team if a guy like Pacioretty goes down.

If Patches goes down, we are done. It's that simple.

Guest Stogey24

If Patches goes down, we are done. It's that simple.

Give me Jarome Iginla at the deadline and I still have faith if Pac goes down

Give me Jarome Iginla at the deadline and I still have faith if Pac goes down

Good point. But who knows what the asking price was. Zoot showed he is willing to overpay with Petry, so it must have been a pretty significant price-point on Iggy to make him balk.

Good point. But who knows what the asking price was. Zoot showed he is willing to overpay with Petry, so it must have been a pretty significant price-point on Iggy to make him balk.

Considering the first rounders that were being thrown around like Gallagher standing in front of the opposition's net, I was rather happy with the price for Petry.