TradeCentre '15

ICEWATER77

Bolts decide they can't be one-upped by the Rangers so they get Brayden Coburn for Radko Gudas, a first and a third. Gudas has been out of the season for knee surgery. Ugly deal for the Lightning. They then send former 6th overall pick Brett Connolly to the Boston Bruins for two second round picks. Good swap for both teams.

Guys like Petry, Stewart, Horcoff, Jokinen, Michalek, Niemi and whomever Toronto tries to move are still available. Speculation is Beleskey, Phillips, Atkinson and Zidlicky could move as well.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the injuries have been a problem, as well as the salary for the next 2 years, but Lupul from the Leafs can be a near elite forward, maybe they would retain salary on him? Give a conditional pick up with him? Could he stay healthy?

Still like Stewart for the Habs needs, but am with Habs29 on the Yakupov thing, or a potential top 2 or 3 defenseman, if we are going to pay big, make it for the future and an elite talent to be for years to come...

The Rangers and Lightning have sealed their fate, and if they fail this year, the high place in the standings won't be an annual thing.

Bravo so far for Zoot suit, after all, we are not that bad right now.

Which is why i hope he goes after an Eberle or Yakapov deal rather than waste assets like the rangers and Hawks did on 2nd tier UFA's or guys that have short term remaining.

Eberle yes. Over paying for Yak and hoping he is different for the habs than he has been for the oil does not fall under "sticking to the plan"

Eberle yes. Over paying for Yak and hoping he is different for the habs than he has been for the oil does not fall under "sticking to the plan"

have you actually seen the Oilers play on a regular basis?? Every player on that team has regressed after their first year, thanks to the monkeys in management. Yakapov has actually improved since that nut case Eakins was fired and and his 3 year production is pretty close to Galchenyuk's. He also has natural chemistry with Galchenyuk and they are still pretty close based on an interview with Galchenyuk last time the Oilers where in town.

Habs get Petry for 2nd and 5th

Glad they got him, but was hoping it would be part of larger deal with Edmonton. Glad we didn't overpay like TB, NYR and LAK's did.

have you actually seen the Oilers play on a regular basis?? Every player on that team has regressed after their first year, thanks to the monkeys in management. Yakapov has actually improved since that nut case Eakins was fired and and his 3 year production is pretty close to Galchenyuk's. He also has natural chemistry with Galchenyuk and they are still pretty close based on an interview with Galchenyuk last time the Oilers where in town.

Glad they got him, but was hoping it would be part of larger deal with Edmonton. Glad we didn't overpay like TB, NYR and LAK's did.

Yes and they will be asking way too much for the first over all pick of 012. Way too much. First rounder, second rounder, and a star player off the habs roster. Something like that. For a player that is risky. Although yes he has improved since eakins left. However "improving" from horrible play is not enough for MB to over pay what possibly could be a first over all dud.

Hmm interesting to pick up another d-man, who are 2nd and 3rd pairing now?

Just a rental I suppose?

Petry led OIlers-d in giveaways, -25 (also in bad way), shots, 2nd in hits

Hmm interesting to pick up another d-man, who are 2nd and 3rd pairing now?

Just a rental I suppose?

Petry led OIlers-d in giveaways, -25 (also in bad way), shots, 2nd in hits

-4 since new coach came in

Petry is going to be much better stats wise on the Habs, he is physical compared to most of our guys on D, and can move the puck, a welcome addition ya ask me...

Plus minus is a funny stat. If you like the player, his bad minus is ignored. If you dont its all important. Plekanic fans dont care that he had the worse minus on the team last years play offs, nor that he is a minus every year in the play offs, yet a plus in reg season. Sometimes they are right.

Four top lightning forwards (currently) :

Johnson +30

Kulharov +32

Palat +27

Stampkos -3

I'll take Stamps over the other three on my team all day.

Habs got Bryan Flynn from Buffalo for a 5th... another American...nice!

6'1 180 lb right handed center/winger

Bio as per TSN:

A solid winger with a good work ethic, he also displays the ability to put points on the board regularly at lower levels. Owns decent size, too.

Must fill out his 6-1 frame and get physically stronger in order to maximize his NHL prospects. Isn't an overly physical player, though.

Solid depth winger with some upside.

Maybe and if someone don't like a couple facts, too bad just the facts.

MB cares that he is worst +/- and most giveaways of all Oilers d-men, if so then why did he trade for him? Dosent make sense.

MB dosent care and likes his other traits, makes more sense. I just hope he is an upgrade on Gilbert is all.

MB cares that he is worst +/- and most giveaways of all Oilers d-men, if so then why did he trade for him? Dosent make sense.

MB dosent care and likes his other traits, makes more sense. I just hope he is an upgrade on Gilbert is all.

Have you watched any Oiler games lately Don?

Petry looks good man, stop worrying ;)

Habs got Bryan Flynn from Buffalo for a 5th... another American...nice!

6'1 180 lb right handed center

Most people have him tabbed as a RW'er. Dont know a whole bunch about him. I'm sure just to add depth. Means we wont have to fill the fourth with the likes of our your kids from Hamilton

Most people have him tabbed as a RW'er. Dont know a whole bunch about him. I'm sure just to add depth. Means we wont have to fill the fourth with the likes of our your kids from Hamilton

Yeah, saw that, so edited my post above...

Flynn has more goals than Petry this year, much better value maybe?

you're comparing goals by a centre to a Dman?

I thought Flynn was a d-man. :bonk:

So far adding Pelly and Petry is fine for depth but would be sweet to see bit more offense up front in a good winger.

I thought Flynn was a d-man. :bonk:

So far adding Pelly and Petry is fine for depth but would be sweet to see bit more offense up front in a good winger.

Yeah you're right Don, all we have done is improve bottom end of lineup, I'm hoping for something bigger too...

no kidding