Feb.26 7PM EST Montreal @ Columbus

DON

Price gets 10th straight road win

Patches gets his 30th goal

De La Rose scores his first and second career goal

DSP fits in nicely in his first game

Subban charges towards top of dman scoring race

Lots of headlines to choose from if your a writer

Go back and watch the replay of DLR's first goal. Watch the camera that follows Eller after the goal. The one where Eller turns away with an almost disgusted look on his face - while the rest of the team goes bananas for DLR (which was pretty awesome to see). Eller had been demoted to the third line after starting on the second line. There are countless rumours about him leaving town. Therrien obviously has little confidence in him - and Eller has very little confidence in himself.

Honestly, it looked the reaction of a player who perhaps resents the person who scored and who has usurped his place, and possibly the reaction of a player who may very well know he's in his last days in Montreal.

I know, I know, complete speculation. However...

• Upvote 1

Why? Seriously, just asking cuz I want to know.

I don't know why I think Pateryn had looked better. He just doesnt seem to get caught down low with the puck as often. Tinordi has not looked great to me. I suspect he will go down first though, because gonchar will be returning before emelin, and gonch plays the right side.

Go back and watch the replay of DLR's first goal. Watch the camera that follows Eller after the goal. The one where Eller turns away with an almost disgusted look on his face - while the rest of the team goes bananas for DLR (which was pretty awesome to see). Eller had been demoted to the third line after starting on the second line. There are countless rumours about him leaving town. Therrien obviously has little confidence in him - and Eller has very little confidence in himself.

Honestly, it looked the reaction of a player who perhaps resents the person who scored and who has usurped his place, and possibly the reaction of a player who may very well know he's in his last days in Montreal.

I thought it was just me... I noticed how Eller looked like he was disgusted that he didn't score himself, the same with the empty netter, like an absolute disappointment DLR got them...

Subban and Markov +5 each...

and overall, what a solid looking team!

I don't know why I think Pateryn had looked better. He just doesnt seem to get caught down low with the puck as often. Tinordi has not looked great to me. I suspect he will go down first though, because gonchar will be returning before emelin, and gonch plays the right side.

I agree, overall Pateryn has been good, physical, and just looks more composed than Tinordi.

I thought it was just me... I noticed how Eller looked like he was disgusted that he didn't score himself, the same with the empty netter, like an absolute disappointment DLR got them...

Subban and Markov +5 each...

and overall, what a solid looking team!

I agree, overall Pateryn has been good, physical, and just looks more composed than Tinordi.

Pateryn has looked good, composed and physical. Has looked a tad better than JT......as in Hamilton , one will be better than the other some nights and then its reversed. On a scale on 1 to 10 they are both 7's

Yes, seemed to be odd reaction by Larry (maybe Danes and Swedes have historic dislike?)

I've always liked this webcomic, that stereotypes nations as single characters, focusing on scandinavia. You might get addicted, it's fun. (Yes, Canada shows up in there too.)

http://satwcomic.com/sweden-denmark-and-norway

Ellar has never been as good on the wings as he has at center. Never played on anything close to a set line. Bounces around like some kind of rover. Never been given a role to fill, but always getting ripped. He's a strange bird maybe, but i have never expected much from the guy for some time now. Why should we, the coach has never deemed Eller worthy of powerplay time or top six for the most part.

Hope he has another good play is all.

If he is traded he'll bring back nothing. His coach does not think much of him, montreal fans dont, why should anybody else pay more than a bag of pucks for him.

Watched the highlite to look for that. Maybe, but i doubt it.

Guest Stogey24

Yes, seemed to be odd reaction by Larry (maybe Danes and Swedes have historic dislike?)

De Larose is taking Lars spot. He was not happy. You could see it after the goal

Where does Eller even fit on this team anymore?

De Larose is taking Lars spot. He was not happy. You could see it after the goal

Where does Eller even fit on this team anymore?

when did he ever.

Played the beginning of last season on a line with Chucky and Gally. Looked good together. After that he has nevert been given a role.

dd is first line center, pacs' center and powerplay. - role

pacs is top line winger , pp, pk wears A - role

gally is enery player, top six, crease patrol, pp - role

pleks top center (share with dd), top pk, defensive face offs, wears A - role

Prust - third / fourth line, scraps, enforcer, pk - role

manny - pk, big face offs, fourth line - role

bournival - fourth line, checker - role

Eller? - what ever - no role

Eller has never been consistent enough and always gets forgiveness from some fans on the good he does instead of the unquestionable periods of nothing he does aside from clogging lanes and holding onto the puck but doing nothing with it.

https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/571327263876079616

We are paying him to be a top nine player. He has done this two seasons in a row now. The excuses are empty.

On the Eller thing: maybe there's some truth to it but if you look at the context, De La Rose's goals were to put the team up 4-1 and 5-2 respectively. If you're thinking team first then those goals aren't necessarily cause for a huge celebration. Of course, when a teammate scores his first NHL goal then I'd assume you'd want to be excited for them. With that being said, I personally think it's more likely that there was nothing personal going on there but it's definitely possible, pure speculation or not.

Tinordi got sent down this morning so those saying they thought Pateryn looked better than Tinordi (count me among those) shared the same sentiments as management.

:1vomit: I hope Pateryn is being showcased right now and will be gone by Tuesday.

On the Eller thing: maybe there's some truth to it but if you look at the context, De La Rose's goals were to put the team up 4-1 and 5-2 respectively. If you're thinking team first then those goals aren't necessarily cause for a huge celebration. Of course, when a teammate scores his first NHL goal then I'd assume you'd want to be excited for them. With that being said, I personally think it's more likely that there was nothing personal going on there but it's definitely possible, pure speculation or not.

I doubt it's personal *against* DLR and more personal about himself. Eller seems like the kind of guy who takes his own performances to heart.

We are paying him to be a top nine player. He has done this two seasons in a row now. The excuses are empty.

He was agruably our best player last year in the playoffs. Personally, I could give a crap how he does in the regular season as long he plays like he did last spring, especially since Habs are in first.

Guest Stogey24

Tinordi got sent down this morning so those saying they thought Pateryn looked better than Tinordi (count me among those) shared the same sentiments as management.

Well at least we know he's not getting traded

:1vomit: I hope Pateryn is being showcased right now and will be gone by Tuesday.

Simply so you wont have to eat crow when Pateryn becomes a NHLer? :blush:

Dont think that is a good enough reason for Bergevin to trade him.

Eller has never been consistent enough and always gets forgiveness from some fans on the good he does instead of the unquestionable periods of nothing he does aside from clogging lanes and holding onto the puck but doing nothing with it.

https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/571327263876079616

whats expected from a "top nine player" as a (winger/center/penalty killer)

Simply so you wont have to eat crow when Pateryn becomes a NHLer? :blush:

Dont think that is a good enough reason for Bergevin to trade him.

Is that what you ate when NB "became an NHL player"

we've all had to munch a little crow when rating a new players/coaches Don............you and i know that as good as anybody. :blush: