First Round Matchup

zumpano21

Guest Stogey24

Last year Pacioretty went a little cold in the playoffs. If he catches one of his hot streaks at the right time, this team could be scary to play against. When he's on he doesn't miss many shots

Last year Pacioretty went a little cold in the playoffs. If he catches one of his hot streaks at the right time, this team could be scary to play against. When he's on he doesn't miss many shots

Yes we need him to be on the hot side. He has been cold/average in both seasons where he was in the play offs for us. Not that he disappeared or anything, but was not at his best by any means. Love the habs chances of a run if he has the hot stick at the right time. When Pacs and Price are hot at the same time, .....good results.

Apparently the sabres oilers etc don't.

Yes, you ar correct.

I guess when got nothing to lose and who cares how you play is liberating?.

Yes, you ar correct.

I guess when got nothing to lose and who cares how you play is liberating?.

Could be, let's hope Le Genius gets that blender set right for tomorrow. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda scared playing the Sens as they have beat us pretty regularly lately and they beat us physically as well. There always seems to be a couple of injuries after a matchup with them.

The Bruins are a better matchup but I'm leary of playing them anytime, especially in the favoured to win role.

The Caps or the Panthers would be my choice for first wound matchup.

I'm kinda scared playing the Sens as they have beat us pretty regularly lately and they beat us physically as well. There always seems to be a couple of injuries after a matchup with them.

The Bruins are a better matchup but I'm leary of playing them anytime, especially in the favoured to win role.

The Caps or the Panthers would be my choice for first wound matchup.

Me too Owned... me too.

Love that pic you have as your avatar! Welcome to the forums here, this place is awesome for Habs fans!

So Caps/Wings/Sens are most likely 1st round match eh.

If we do well, it's Caps/Bruins/Sens, or Detroit if we fall in the standings.

There are two teams I DO NOT want to face in the 1st round. Ottawa and Tampa...in fact. I don't want to face these teams at all! For some reason, we just can't beat these two teams. The Rangers are another team that makes me nervous, but i don't fear them as much as the Hens or the Bolts! Bring on the Pooh Bears, the Caps, the Red Wings or anyone else in the east, and I'm confident our boys will come out on top!

There are two teams I DO NOT want to face in the 1st round. Ottawa and Tampa...in fact. I don't want to face these teams at all! For some reason, we just can't beat these two teams. The Rangers are another team that makes me nervous, but i don't fear them as much as the Hens or the Bolts! Bring on the Pooh Bears, the Caps, the Red Wings or anyone else in the east, and I'm confident our boys will come out on top!

Rangers couldn't beat us in the regular season last season. We swept the Flyers in the regular season and lost to them in 2009. Playoffs are a different beast. I don't see Jon Cooper suddenly out-coaching Therrien.

Rangers couldn't beat us in the regular season last season. We swept the Flyers in the regular season and lost to them in 2009. Playoffs are a different beast. I don't see Jon Cooper suddenly out-coaching Therrien.

And virually zero chance TB and Montreal will meet in 1st round.

It's a bit early but I have to write about something before the end of the month where we can move into our 3 Stars stuff. Here's my take on how the Habs match up with Boston for the first round. http://www.habsworld.net/2015/03/playoff-primer-how-do-the-habs-match-up-with-boston/

(Yes, there will be ones for other opponents in the coming weeks.)

While there's little point in checking the odds to see whether or not the Habs will make the playoffs (it currently sits at 99.99999%), SportsClubStats also lists the odds of each possible first round matchup. As of last night's games, the odds are:

Detroit: 41.1%

Washington: 25.7%

Ottawa: 16.6%

Boston: 8.6%

Pittsburgh: 3.3%
NY Islanders: 3.2%

Tampa Bay: 0.9%

Florida: 0.5%

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Montreal.html

Must be clinching playoff spot darn soon arnt they?

Boston (9th place) can still reach 102 points and by doing so, could also potentially pass the Habs in ROW which is the main tiebreak. As a result, the magic points number is 3 (earned by Montreal or not earned by the Bruins).

Cooper had no chance without Bishop last season. Therrien would be in same boat without price for a series against anyone.

Cooper had no chance without Bishop last season. Therrien would be in same boat without Price for a series against any play off team. Very tough situation. Hard to tell who would out coach who. I know when tbay played us this season the ice looked tilted in their favor for twelve straight periods.

Cooper had no chance without Bishop last season. Therrien would be in same boat without price for a series against anyone.

Habs30/31 where you been? It's been boring with no entertainment. :)