First Round Matchup

zumpano21

My apologies hr. Suspended (without pay). "Just had to take it". "Work on my defensive game and try help the team any way I can" :thumbs_up:

Nice to see you got all the platitudes working. For me it's good to see you back. We can't all agree and we shouldn't have to. I'm not the only guy who was wondering where you were. Keep a stiff upper lip and don't let em get you down.

Nice to see you got all the platitudes working. For me it's good to see you back. We can't all agree and we shouldn't have to. I'm not the only guy who was wondering where you were. Keep a stiff upper lip and don't let em get you down.

ha! Believe me when i say that wont be a problem. Cheers

Guest Stogey24

Aww, how sweet ;)

Two weeks away from the playoffs and there are still a ton of potential first round matchups. Florida is playing their way back into the discussion while Washington could possibly jump into a top-3 seed and drop the Islanders to a wildcard spot. Boston could do the same to Detroit too.

Two weeks away from the playoffs and there are still a ton of potential first round matchups. Florida is playing their way back into the discussion while Washington could possibly jump into a top-3 seed and drop the Islanders to a wildcard spot. Boston could do the same to Detroit too.

I would like a matchup against Detroit or the Islanders if possible. Washington scares the hell out of me, as well as an underdog Boston.

I would like a matchup against Detroit or the Islanders if possible. Washington scares the hell out of me, as well as an underdog Boston.

Its all Carey. If say Holtby, Talvot, Bishop or Halak get hot and manage to match Price for a series....Habs are done. They cant score and the two top center men are gonna come up way short. Before certain posters rain down on me with blows.......its nothing i did not say in the fall. You cant win in the play offs with the likes of DD and Pleks taking the bulk of prime ice time down the middle. Not the two tiny players fault, but its who they have chosen to rely on at that position.

GO CAREY

I would prefer one of those same teams as well. Don't want Boston for sure.

As far as the Habs scoring in the playoffs, I think they can indeed go far and score enough, their forte after all is keeping the puck out, and at that we are the best in the NHL, and that is what wins championships. The last 2 games or so, they have put up plenty of great scoring chances, and looks like maybe the PP may come around at the right time.

This Habs roster is pretty damn good, and I think have the main tools to winning in the spring.

I sure hope you are right. I remember MB giving a heads up to fans at training camp. Implying (as good as last seasons semi final run was) they are still a young team and may take a step back in order to take two steps forward. He knows the potential but also sees the deficiencies.

Price can steal a round or two on his own. Four? Need more scoring and more guys that can play play off hockey in June. Kings were a low scoring team last year heading into the play offs. However once the play offs the lead all teams in offence. Nothing wrong with the Habs being an under dog though.

Would be major if Eller contribute like he did last spring.

Now that's its almost here I have to admit I would love to see Bruins Habs. Tradition. Nothing better from the NHL than coming home on a spring day anticipating a Canadiens Bruins play off game.

Detroit's still my preference as well...though I reserve the right to change that if I don't like what I see when I get around to writing the playoff primer for them.

The battle for top spot in the East (and top spot in the division) is going to go down to the wire and obviously that will have a big say in who Montreal gets in the first round. Here is the remaining schedule for each team:

Habs (102 pts, 6 GR): vs TB, vs WSH, @NJ, @FLA, vs DET, @TOR

Rangers (101 pts, 7 GR): @WPG, @MIN, vs NJ, vs CBJ, @NJ, vs OTT, @WSH
Lightning (99 pts, 6 GR): @MTL, @TOR, @OTT, @FLA, vs NJ, vs BOS

Still not sure which team is most scared to play the Habs? Detroit, Bruins or Caps might all be fun match-ups. Gotta pull for Bruins though, simply for rivalry. .

Be careful what you wish for. Boston is still a tough team to go up against.

Be careful?

Why are Detroit, Caps or Pitt not-tough teams to play?

I wouldnt care less if had to face Tampa or NY in 1st round, just would be a good chance to knock em out early!

Guest Stogey24

Be careful?

Why are Detroit, Caps or Pitt not-tough teams to play?

I wouldnt care less if had to face Tampa or NY in 1st round, just would be a good chance to knock em out early!

Ya, really no GOOD opponent. I just hate to see people taking Boston lightly.

Sure, didn't think Bruins would be a cakewalk, but just always makes for entertaining series.

I know most want to see face weakest opponent's as possible. But am goofy and would rather see them whoop best teams.

Eastern Conference has definitely closed the gap on the West..therefore, I don't think there will be any cakewalks. We just have to be playing the best hockey possible (with the best possible lineup as well!) and stay healthy in playoffs.

My least-wanted first round matchup is Boston.

This is not because we can't beat them - we certainly can. We're better than we were last year, they're worse. I think, while far from a sure thing, Montreal WILL beat Boston if they face them.

No, my issue is different - it's precisely because of tradition, of emotion, that I don't want Boston in the first round. Last year's second round win felt like a mini-stanley cup victory. The euphoria at beating those sons of bitches was incredible. Then we face the Rangers in round 3 and that series felt uttelry devoid of emotion in comparison. It was a let-down. And we lost, to an inferior team, after beating a superior one. I don't want to see that again. The later we face Boston, the better.

I like the emotion that comes from winning a series like that. Habs did not handle or channel it well last season though I agree. In 011 the two treams had a similar series in round one. Full of emotion, seven games overtime too boot. Bruins did not wilt after they advanced. They actually took that emotion, that huge rivalry series win and went on to win the stanley cup.

"No excuses".

I'm with Jeff and Stogey, don't want Bruins, frankly I want Detroit because they aren't as physical, and their goaltending is weakest...