Montreal Canadiens at NY Islanders | March 14th, 2015 | 1900 ET

lazy26

I'm just saying Seguin put up a big season early on in his career and never really looked back. I just think Galchenyuk's ceiling is more towards high 60's. I LOVE him, I just don't see him as a powerhouse

The impatience is strong. I guess I learned my lesson when I believed guys like Pierre McGuire saying Max Pacioretty was only going to be a career third liner back in 2010-2011. Now I wait until a guy is 25 to really put a decision their career.

I guess this is where I should remind people that high 60s on a full season is a .80 PPG season. That's pretty close to Anze Kopitar's career PPG totals, the guy people muse if we drafted instead of Price.

The impatience is strong. I guess I learned my lesson when I believed guys like Pierre McGuire saying Max Pacioretty was only going to be a career third liner back in 2010-2011. Now I wait until a guy is 25 to really put a decision their career.

I guess this is where I should remind people that high 60s on a full season is a .80 PPG season. That's pretty close to Anze Kopitar's career PPG totals, the guy people muse if we drafted instead of Price.

wow. Chucky getting compared to the likes of Seguin, Kopitar, Pacs. High expectations.

btw...when has chucky hit high 60's?

Guys, he is 21, give him a break, Guy Lafleur took time to become the superstar he was. He just hasn't done it YET. Next year who knows, He has shown flashes of being that superstar we want, be it at center or wing. If he can score 30+ goals a year, that will be great.

Shown flashes of some great hands and puck handling yes. Of being a superstar? Nah

Guest Stogey24

Kopitar would be closer to .90

I don't have a big problem with galchenyuk's point production at this stage. My issue is that for a true bona-fide undisputed #1 Centre, he has not really matured and learned to use the whole ice and find his team mates. He would rather skeet into the middle of 5 guys and try some high risk stuff. I think that if he matures and stops the individual dipsy doo nonsense, and learns to control the play by finding good ice when he has the puck and looking for high percentage passes, he can be given another shot at Centre. For now, I am quite content to see him at wing.

High 60`s is not bad these days. Whats that got to do with Chucky who currently sits at 41 pts.

I don't have a big problem with galchenyuk's point production at this stage. My issue is that for a true bona-fide undisputed #1 Centre, he has not really matured and learned to use the whole ice and find his team mates. He would rather skeet into the middle of 5 guys and try some high risk stuff. I think that if he matures and stops the individual dipsy doo nonsense, and learns to control the play by finding good ice when he has the puck and looking for high percentage passes, he can be given another shot at Centre. For now, I am quite content to see him at wing.

Yes as far as how he plays the game goes, would appear MT and his staff have coached and or developed nothing in his 200 foot game. Thought being he`ll just get better with age, like wine. ha!

Pacs is now a leader on this team. Give them fifty games together, max takes him under his wing. Watch the kid develop.