Montreal Canadiens at Tampa Bay Lightning | March 16th, 2015 | 1930 ET

lazy26

Apparently not a good penalty by Eller.

Well , apparently they made the game respectable. which is something I wasn't hoping for.

Some good signs.

Well that is the end of another game. Some really strange bad luck tonite. They left it too late again. Came on in the 3rd but too little too late.

Apparently not a good penalty by Eller.

That actually was not a good call by the official.

Bad call on Eller. No different than any defensive play. I was happy with the way the habs played tonight. In the past I have been frustrated thinking they couldn't beat Tampa. Tonight was a two way game with some very good chances and net presence.

Bishop has six straight wins over habs.

Woke up in second period, but too little, too late.

Next !

I'm just happy the potted a couple! I can deal with a 4-2 empty net goal loss

Something I want to keep an eye on is opposing team breakouts. It seems that when the other team skates with the puck as well as Tampa does, Montreal doesn't get the turnovers, and spend too much time in there own zone. PK really wanted to win tonight. Unfortunate loss.

Bad call on Eller. No different than any defensive play. I was happy with the way the habs played tonight. In the past I have been frustrated thinking they couldn't beat Tampa. Tonight was a two way game with some very good chances and net presence.

I'm just happy the potted a couple! I can deal with a 4-2 empty net goal loss

Happy with 4th straight loss to a team. Man how the bar has lowered.

Well that is the end of another game. Some really strange bad luck tonite. They left it too late again. Came on in the 3rd but too little too late.

That actually was not a good call by the official.

OK thanks Habs Rule. I was listening to the commentators.

Sounds like we made it a hockey game and showed some real character and drive coming back as we did.

That's ok with me. -_-

• Upvote 1

Remember 2008, when we beat Boston (I think it was) 7 straight regular season games, but they pushed us to Game 7 in the playoffs?

We'd better hope for something like that if and when we meet these guys in the dance.

You know, call me crazy, but I can't help but think actually showing up and competing hard in the first period would make a big difference. This take a period off, get into a hole, then play furiously for about half a game script is not working very well anymore.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like we made it a hockey game and showed some real character and drive coming back as we did.

That's ok with me. -_-

Yes, character is the word that comes to mind after that game. Anytime Gallagher drops the mitts you know the boys are playing with passion.They played sloppy and passive to start the game but it seemed like they were pissed off after getting behind the way that they did. It was pretty much an equal game and either team could have won. I wanted Pac to score on that breakaway so bad so he could redeem himself. As much as another loss against these guys sucks, I'm sure they got some confidence from the last two periods to use next time they meet.

Guest Stogey24

That's ok with me. -_-

They definitely fought back. You can't be THAT mad about the loss. Defense was really leaky again though

They're turning it around...in a few months Tampa will be dreaming of the regular season Habs.

A leader knows when he has to do something to spark their team. Prust knocked Bishop and the Lightning right off their game. Any team who plays Tampa in the playoffs will exploit their physical weaknesses.

Nasty beats this Tampa team a lot.

Bishop is soft, and the best way to get to him is get in his kitchen, and knock him down, a lot.

Maybe the best way to get by Tampa is jockey so that they get Boston first round?

Props to Gally on the fight win, and the first star of this game, the birthday boy Prust!

My D core line up for tonight if all healthy would be:

Beaulieu/Subban

Markov/Petry

Emelin/Pateryn

If nothing else, get Gilbert away from Petry, we traded and f'd around to get matching RH shots for second unit, naw, that is dumb or is it?

Nasty beats this Tampa team a lot.

Bishop is soft, and the best way to get to him is get in his kitchen, and knock him down, a lot.

Maybe the best way to get by Tampa is jockey so that they get Boston first round?

Props to Gally on the fight win, and the first star of this game, the birthday boy Prust!

My D core line up for tonight if all healthy would be:

Beaulieu/Subban

Markov/Petry

Emelin/Pateryn

If nothing else, get Gilbert away from Petry, we traded and f'd around to get matching RH shots for second unit, naw, that is dumb or is it?

so dumb that two of the commentators were chuckling at the same thing you just eluded to

Guest Stogey24

I'm starting to see what Therrien was saying about offense not being an issue. Obviously this team has trouble scoring, but this D core has be outright garbage lately. Subban and Markov gave up the middle of the ice like 3 times, one which led to a johnson break away. I'd like to see a good stint with Beaulieu in the top pair with Subban and then Markov- Petry as #2 pair.

Yup was a good game and March 30th likely will be also.

Gilbert was..., Pateryn played very well but penalty was costly and Emelin was shaky and got hit more than dished out, but 1st game back so gets a pass.

Paranteau scored, but should still be in press box.

Twice in 2 games Pacioretty sets up wide open opponent for easy goal, hope he stops doing that.

I imagine Luongo will be tough to beat today and may be another good game.

Here's some unwanted advice for this team. PLAY 60 FORKING MINUTES. Rest before and after the game between periods, get your self ready for the next period.

Therrien, like most coaches, will emphasize the defensive end of things. And there has always been truth in the maxim that if you look after the defensive game, offence will take care of itself.

Honestly, the team's basic scoring problem is its impotent power play. If we had a decent PP nobody would be talking about how we can't score. Sounds to me like MT is out of answers for the PP and is instead just getting the boys to refocus on the part that he can control, i.e., defensive-zone coverage. That's fine IF you conveniently forget that his job is to adequate production from a PP that includes two of the league's best offensive defenceman and one of its best snipers.

I don't like the fact that our team has two Kryptonites in the conference: one at the top, in Tampa Bay, and one down below, in Ottawa. Lucky for us Ottawa won't make it...otherwise we'd likely not get our of the conference.

Finally: anyone urging us to get in Bishop's "kitchen" needs to consider the risk of retaliation against The Franchise (Price). I'm going to be very interested to see whether we can go deep without somebody taking a run at #31 sooner or later - he is so obviously the key to our team, and there are always Kreiders out there willing to deliberately nail guys with an eye to putting them out.