Habs vs. Capitals, 7:30PM: We suck or we win the Cup

It seems like I can't read any Habs articles for the past week without it coming to the same conclusion: either the Habs are a Toronto bad team full of smoke and mirrors like a great goalie and a great LWer or the Habs are a bad team full of smoke and mirrors and having a great goalie and a great LWer is enough to win the Stanley Cup.

Frankly I'm bored of the narrative and the regular season. But I love me some Alex Ovechkin!

Projected Montreal Canadiens lines

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Parenteau

Prust - Eller - Weise

De La Soul - Mitchell - DSP

Markov - Subban

Emelin - Petry

Beaulieu - Gilbert

"The best player in the NHL." - Barry Trotz

Tokarski

Projected Washington Capitals lines

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Ward

Johansson - Backstrom - Brouwer

Chimera - Fehr - Laich

Glencross - Latta - Wilson

Orpik - Carlson

Alzner - Niskanen

Gleason - Green

Holtby

Peters

Puck drops at the Bell Centre at 7:30PM EST on Sportsnet East.

Never heard anyone compare them to the rotting maple leafs.

Price is their meal ticket no doubt. But habs are a decent reg season team that is missing some parts that it would take to win 16 play off games. No shame in that, and it certainly does not mean they suck.

The loafs? Now thats a team that sucks. :rofl:

Was in mexico last time these two teams met. Believe habs won 1-0. In the fall habs beat them in a shoot out I think.

I think the habs are in a bit off a funk right now and dont see them beating the caps tonight.

Price is their meal ticket no doubt. But habs are a decent reg season team that is missing some parts that it would take to win 16 play off games. No shame in that, and it certainly does not mean they suck.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/15/bruins-bergeron-cant-rely-on-goalies-every-night/

^^^ These guys did ok.

“We’re giving up way too many shots. Right now, we can’t just rely on our goalies to bail us out every night."

I'm going to start an advanced stats site called "Let's Talk Shots"

Some of those guys (like Scumbag Ryan Lambert) say that shots and possession are more reliable than wins and losses when rating a team or predicting future success.

My Swedish team just got demoted back to Allsvenskan. The 2nd tier division. So god damn it I'm worth a win from the habs tonight. For those who think Therrien is bad you should be happy you dont have Sjur Robert Nielsen as coach instead.

My Swedish team just got demoted back to Allsvenskan. The 2nd tier division. So god damn it I'm worth a win from the habs tonight. For those who think Therrien is bad you should be happy you dont have Sjur Robert Nielsen as coach instead.

Bad Neilson ratings? :blush:

Guest Stogey24

Because DD just gets no respect from anyone, even the refs! :blush:

He doesn't get many calls that go his way, that's for sure