Habs vs. Capitals, 7:30PM: We suck or we win the Cup

Idiotic penalties were the story of this game...the ONE THING you can't do against the Caps and expect to win, and this band of undisciplined dummies does just that. This should have been a W in regulation, instead it's an OT loss because of powerplays handed to the Caps.

When Subban took him out. Possibly. Sit him tomorrow and Sunday. He needs a break.

You can't take stupid penalties against the best PP in the league.

They are playing really soft also. Maybe since they wrapped up a playoff spot they stopped playing hard.

I can't believe i'm saying it but I really hope Malhotra is back in next game. Neither Mitchell or Flynn have shown me anything thus far. It seems like every game Mitchell is taking a penalty. Our 4th line was finally clicking with Prust, weise, Malhotra.

I can't believe i'm saying it but I really hope Malhotra is back in next game. Neither Mitchell or Flynn have shown me anything thus far. It seems like every game Mitchell is taking a penalty. Our 4th line was finally clicking with Prust, weise, Malhotra.

I forget the stat, but the Habs are something to the tune of 2-5-1 with Mitchell in the lineup.

There are four or five players in Hamilton that are better than Mitchell or Flynn-and Flynn is under contract next year!

Guest Stogey24

I forget the stat, but the Habs are something to the tune of 2-5-1 with Mitchell in the lineup.

There are four or five players in Hamilton that are better than Mitchell or Flynn-and Flynn is under contract next year!

He has zero hockey sense. What did they see in him when he was acquired?

This came down to a battle of which goaltender was going to be worse than the other.

Holtby wasn't strong.

Price was really bad. (How often do you get to say that this season about him, though?)

If you'd have said last week that we were going to outshoot Washington 27-19, and get goals from Subban, Eller, Gilbert and Petry, you would have assumed that this game was in the bag. On any other night, we win this game. This was a good performance and a fluke loss because our star goalie was off his game.

So when the caps run their pp, they play the right wall and set up there while the points take shots. Ovie hides out of the action like a tiger waiting for a weak animal to reveal itself. It works well. A two point attack of Carlson Greene at the point and ovie waiting oposite all the action. I would like to see this strategy with mtl. Cycle the puck on the left side and let Pacioretty wait in the weeds. The feed Subban thing is pretty pretictable and defenders only see one option. If they shook it up a bit and cycled the left side allowing the points to get some shots, but with Pacioretty hanging back on the right side, I bet it would confuse some folks and make the pp a bit less predictable.

He has zero hockey sense. What did they see in him when he was acquired?

What did they see in him dsp or Mitchell? Petry is a keeper though. I want this guy signed. He's good. A true #3 and perfect balance to the teams defense. 2016 with Petry all year and a breakout by Chuck and the cup is ours

Guest Stogey24

What did they see in him dsp or Mitchell? Petry is a keeper though. I want this guy signed. He's good. A true #3 and perfect balance to the teams defense. 2016 with Petry all year and a breakout by Chuck and the cup is ours

Perty is solid. I wont write DSP off yet, but I do miss Jiri

So when the caps run their pp, they play the right wall and set up there while the points take shots. Ovie hides out of the action like a tiger waiting for a weak animal to reveal itself. It works well. A two point attack of Carlson Greene at the point and ovie waiting oposite all the action. I would like to see this strategy with mtl. Cycle the puck on the left side and let Pacioretty wait in the weeds. The feed Subban thing is pretty pretictable and defenders only see one option. If they shook it up a bit and cycled the left side allowing the points to get some shots, but with Pacioretty hanging back on the right side, I bet it would confuse some folks and make the pp a bit less predictable.

Pleks playing on the half boards with his pretty little turns and predictable passes just chew up the clock. I would like to see what you are suggesting with waiting Max in the weeds and the center IN FRONT OF THE NET.

This came down to a battle of which goaltender was going to be worse than the other.

Holtby wasn't strong.

Price was really bad. (How often do you get to say that this season about him, though?)

If you'd have said last week that we were going to outshoot Washington 27-19, and get goals from Subban, Eller, Gilbert and Petry, you would have assumed that this game was in the bag. On any other night, we win this game. This was a good performance and a fluke loss because our star goalie was off his game.

Said it already but noticed Price has been good, but not great since that Tbay loss where he stood on his head and shut them out for sixty minutes. Then Gilbert scored on his own net after getting walked around by Johnson in ot. Price a bit deflated? Probably not. Regardless, it was his last stellar performance. A break would not hurt. Put Toker in today and Sunday? Then they are off till Thursday.

The Genious does not like to play prospects from hamilton over vets from Buffalo.(or florida)

Flynn's a restricted free agent after this season. If they don't like him, they can just non-tender him and let him walk. It's assumed that their intention when they got him is to keep him as cheap depth for next year though.

Got to say, was an 'entertaining' game and if gonna give Ovi-Backstrom PP chances it will cost you.

Eller & DD went 13-35 on faceoffs.

Seemed some very weak shootout attempts by Habs.

Not sure which goals Price was supposed to of stopped? 3 of the 4 were PPGs. But some seem to have to find someone to 'blame'.

I would point more to lazy stick infractions and the inevitable puck over glass by Carey (which will happen, as much as he likes to shoot puck)

Galchenyuuk 20:06 icetime, added 2a, +2 :thumbs_up:

DD played some super hockey also.

Subban has set career highs 15g 57pts, has 5 pts last 3 games and is 3rd in d-scoring.

• Upvote 2

Got to say, was an 'entertaining' game and if gonna give Ovi-Backstrom PP chances it will cost you.

Eller & DD went 13-35 on faceoffs.

Seemed some very weak shootout attempts by Habs.

Not sure which goals Price was supposed to of stopped? 3 of the 4 were PPGs. But some seem to have to find someone to 'blame'.

I would point more to lazy stick infractions and the inevitable puck over glass by Carey (which will happen, as much as he likes to shoot puck)

Galchenyuuk 20:06 icetime, added 2a, +2 :thumbs_up:

DD played some super hockey also.

Subban has set career highs 15g 57pts, has 5 pts last 3 games and is 3rd in d-scoring.

True, pp goals by caps. One was tipped, one was screened by gorges ...er i mean gilbert. Caps converge on goal crease when on powerplay, while ov or point man shoots. But they wait till the shot is just getting released then they converge. Works really well for them. Gally followed that to a tee on subbans pp goal.