Ottawa vs Montreal 7p.m. April 15

DON

(from NHL.com)

SENATORS (43-26-13) at CANADIENS (50-22-10)

TV: CBC, NHLN-US, TVA

Season series: The Ottawa Senators won the final three of four games against the Montreal Canadiens. Ottawa rookie goalie Andrew Hammond, who won each of his two starts, began his 20-1-2 stretch run with a 4-2 win against the Canadiens in his first NHL start at Canadian Tire Centre on Feb. 18. He was in goal for a 5-2 win at Montreal on March 15. Senators captain Erik Karlsson had three goals and three assists in four games.

Senators team scope: "Let's win it all," Ottawa assistant coach Mark Reeds told the players during his last visit with them. Senators general manager Bryan Murray revealed that inspirational message Tuesday after Reeds' death because of cancer at the age of 55. "We lost a good man [Tuesday]," said Murray, who himself is battling an incurable cancer. "It's supposed to be an exciting time for us, and it will be, but [Tuesday] it's very difficult for all of us that were in contact with Mark on a regular basis and worked with him and realized what a good, young man he was, and certainly passed too early." Coach Dave Cameron, his staff and players practiced with heavy hearts Tuesday, a stark contrast to the joy surrounding their 21-3-3 stretch run to make the Stanley Cup Playoffs. "We kept winning, and that was huge to him, that was huge to him," Cameron said. "We talked after every game, him and I, and … huge." Karlsson, who did not practice for a second day in a row Tuesday, said he will be in the lineup.

Canadiens team scope: Montreal scoring leader Max Pacioretty will not play in the series opener. The forward missed Montreal's last two games of the regular season because of an upper-body injury he sustained on April 5 when he fell backward after a hit and struck the back of his helmet against the boards. Pacioretty, who led Montreal with four goals and two assists in four games against Ottawa, practiced in a contact jersey Tuesday but did not take part in line rushes or contact drills. Defenseman Tom Gilbert is expected to return after missing six of the Canadiens' final nine regular-season games, including the last two. Gilbert sustained an upper-body injury on March 21 when he was struck in the face by a puck for a second straight game. He missed four games and returned to play three games with a clear plastic jaw protector attached to his helmet, which he continues to wear.

Let's face it.

1. Hammond is on fire.

2. Mark Stone is on fire.

3. The Habs are on a good streak, but not THAT much.
4. Pacioretty is not playing tonight.
5. The crowd will help the Habs, but an infortunate death around Sens' team will boost their motivation as well.

So... What do we do ?

You guessed it, right ?

chuck-sarah-walker-fashion.jpg

Apparently they were asking for postal codes at Canadian Tire Centre before selling tickets.

Confirmed. they sold tickets firs to people around Ottawa and Western Quebec.

Some other teams were doing the same. Nashville's name came up in the article I've read.

Confirmed. they sold tickets firs to people around Ottawa and Western Quebec.

Some other teams were doing the same. Nashville's name came up in the article I've read.

Tampa did it last year. It doesn't work. Locals just buy up the tickets and sell it to the opposing team at inflated prices on StubHub.

Apparently they were asking for postal codes at Canadian Tire Centre before selling tickets.

I got tickets online that were revoked upon review because of my out of province address. A telephone call explaining that I am attending the game with a friend that lives in Ottawa was all it took to keep them. I will be sure to "Ole" extra hard that night for those who weren't so fortunate

• Upvote 1

The first ten minutes are key.

The Bell Centre after the 11 minute pump up video and Ginette will give the Habs a defacto powerplay, and hopefully the scrub in net and the kids up front in Ottawa get caught, like Michael Farber said, like Icarus in the Sun.

Bombast aside, if they can't take advantage of those ten minutes or they try to go hit for hit with the Sens defense, they'll be in tough.

Hope to see a tight checking games, Montreal wins all games 1-0/2-1 this series.

Without Max Price will have to be first star of game to get a low scoring win. Fortunately thats not a tall order for the Habs.

Still, the play of the two teams down the stretch and the injury to Max........... gonna be tough one for the Canadiens

Guest Stogey24

I got tickets online that were revoked upon review because of my out of province address. A telephone call explaining that I am attending the game with a friend that lives in Ottawa was all it took to keep them. I will be sure to "Ole" extra hard that night for those who weren't so fortunate

Wow eh

Same lines up front as the last couple of games:

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher

Parenteau - Desharnais - Smith-Pelly

de la Rose - Eller - Weise

Prust - Mitchell - Flynn

One change on the blueline as Gilbert's back in while Pateryn sits.

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Gilbert

And Ottawa's lineup:

MacArthur - Turris - Stone

Michalek - Zibanejad - Ryan

Lazar - Pageau - Condra

Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson

Methot - Karlsson

Wiercioch - Ceci

Borowiecki - Gryba

Guest Stogey24

Really need to get to the hamburger early... His numbers are scary good so they need to get under his skin and shake his confidence early.Good hitting early!

He's going to break at some point. It's gonna happen

Gotta lay the body on Karlson every chance. He's a twig, keep on him