Ottawa vs Montreal 7p.m. April 15

DON

If and i say if (because i put no value in what i hear between games at play off time) but if Stone ("player 61") is out for series well,

I'm old school, Knuckles Nilan style.

88 play offs . Habs up 1-0 in series against Bruins . 50 goal scorer Richer playing like a house on fire. Cutting in for a clean break on net when Thelvin gives him a two hander on the wrist and breaks it. Richer out for play offs. Hab fans, players and coach freak out. Perron brings up goon from minors. Habs go for revenge. Thelvin gets punched out next game. Habs lose first play off series in forty years to Bruins. Next season habs bruins first game, Richer punches out Thelvin.

06 play offs. Habs lead series 2-0 and lead game 1-0. Williams takes out Koivus eye with careless high stick. Saku out for season, habs lose next 4 games to lose series in six. Hab fans and coach freak out that there is no suspension. Canes eventually go on to win cup.

013 game one play offs. Gyber flattens Eller with hard check in game one. Eller carried off on stretcher. Habs coach whines to media from mike. Blasts Sens coach and sens players calling for suspension. White, Prust and the boys seek revenge. Brawls break out during series. Habs lose series.

014 semi finals. Game one Kreider runs into Price taking him out of series. Prust calls Krieders crashing intentional. Coach complains to league through media. Prust breaks Stepahs jaw first shift next game with blind side head shot , gets one game suspension. Habs lose series.

I do not think Subban should be suspended, what i do know is the Sens can do whatever they feel like in reaction to their injured player. They can go after Subban, they can go after any hab they want. Their coach can say what ever he wants. Just like the Habs always have when the shoe is on the other foot. I would expect nothing less from my team....or yours.

Drama is high now. But it's not about fines, threats, or coaches whining, right or wrong, intent or not......................its about winning Game 2.

GO HABS

I agree, and it's tough to stress. It's easy to see the narrative that Habs go up 2-1 by two quick goals and then Eller/Subban ruin our momentum with their stupid cheap shots. I get angry during the games as anyone but there's one thing I always stand by: if you can't win without injuring a player, you don't deserve to win. I've never really been proud about the Canada/Russia Summit series because Bobby Clarke, John Ferguson Sr. and the rest of the team takes pride in Clarke's slash on Kharlamov and says they wouldn't have won without it. I just can't take pride in that. You should be able to win by being the better team, not by hurting their best players.

Subban could have cost us more than just the game, he could have cost us the series. Especially after being a part of those two goals to give us the lead. I want him on the ice and being the franchise defenceman he is, not everything his critics accuse him of being.

Complete ditto. I've always been ashamed of that famous series.

Perfect attitude:

http://www.tsn.ca/video/subban-i-ve-been-slashed-a-lot-harder-than-that-1.258754

And he actually says exactly what it looked like to me (and I stated earlier) - he was sending a message to Stone, "Stay away from Pricey."

Could be. but he must now accept what comes with that.

dont ya love play offs ! :nuts:

If and i say if (because i put no value in what i hear between games at play off time) but if Stone ("player 61") is out for series well,

I'm old school, Knuckles Nilan style.

88 play offs . Habs up 1-0 in series against Bruins . 50 goal scorer Richer playing like a house on fire. Cutting in for a clean break on net when Thelvin gives him a two hander on the wrist and breaks it. Richer out for play offs. Hab fans, players and coach freak out. Perron brings up goon from minors. Habs go for revenge. Thelvin gets punched out next game. Habs lose first play off series in forty years to Bruins. Next season habs bruins first game, Richer punches out Thelvin.

06 play offs. Habs lead series 2-0 and lead game 1-0. Williams takes out Koivus eye with careless high stick. Saku out for season, habs lnext 4 games to lose series in six. Hab fans and coach freak out that there is no suspension. Canes eventually go on to win cup.

013 game one play offs. Gyber flattens Eller with hard check in game one. Eller carried off on stretcher. Habs coach whines to media from mike. Blasts Sens coach and sens players calling for suspension. White, Prust and the boys seek revenge. Brawls break out during series. Habs lose series.

014 semi finals. Game one Kreider runs into Price taking him out of series. Prust calls in intentional. Coach complains to league through media. Prust breaks Stepahs jaw first shift next game with blind side head shot , gets one game suspension. Habs lose series.

I do not think Subban should be suspended, what i do know is the Sens can do whatever they feel like in reaction to their injured player. They can go after Subban, they can go after any hab they want. Their coach can say what ever he wants. Just like the Habs always have when the shoe is on the other foot. I would expect nothing less from my team....or yours.

Drama is high now. But it's not about fines, threats, or coaches whining, right or wrong, intent or not......................its about winning Game 2.

GO HABS

very good points.

I know what Habs30/31 means. I've always remembered that slash on Richer, and I remember with lingering bitterness all the other incidents he mentions. (I'd add the Pacioretty hit, which was shortly before the playoffs, and that brutal clotheslining of Richard Zednik, who was leading the playoffs in scoring when he was put out). So I suppose in some sort of cosmic scale of hockey justice, Subban is just balancing the scales. But my view is a little different. Those were all condemnable plays that have no place in the game and deserved to be punished. The players were scumbags to inflict those injuries and the league was negligent in (effectively) rewarding them for it.

It would be ridiculously unjust for the league to suddenly change its parameters now and single out Subban for special punishment, given that it lets so much worse slide. So I agree that Subban should not be suspended. But my feeling is that all those other incidents don't make what Subban did any more defensible. (It wasn't as bad as some of those crimes, but it was still a dirty play). If those earlier plays were wrong, then so was Subban's.

• Upvote 1

I know what Habs30/31 means. I've always remembered that slash on Richer, and I remember with lingering bitterness all the other incidents he mentions. (I'd add the Pacioretty hit, which was shortly before the playoffs, and that brutal clotheslining of Richard Zednik, who was leading the playoffs in scoring when he was put out). So I suppose in some sort of cosmic scale of hockey justice, Subban is just balancing the scales. But my view is a little different. Those were all condemnable plays that have no place in the game and deserved to be punished. The players were scumbags to inflict those injuries and the league was negligent in (effectively) rewarding them for it.

It would be ridiculously unjust for the league to suddenly change its parameters now and single out Subban for special punishment, given that it lets so much worse slide. So I agree that Subban should not be suspended. But my feeling is that all those other incidents don't make what Subban did any more defensible. (It wasn't as bad as some of those crimes, but it was still a dirty play). If those earlier plays were wrong, then so was Subban's.

Exactly.

I knew there was another doozy, Zednick close lined (by Maclaren i believe)

Yes and of course Chara on patches (reg season)

I know what you mean:

2010-Markov/Cooke

2011-Pacioretty/Chara

2013-Eller/Gryba

2014-Price/Kreider

Those are the last four playoffs and in each a critical Habs player has been knocked out by some dirty play.

I'm going to reserve my pity for Stone until he actually misses a game. Likely the Habs beat Ottawa anyways, so the Stone play was just and "orderly" way of going about business.

The worst thing they can do is go out there tomorrow and get in a fight with Neil. He's in there as a mental bluff, and wow have the Senators already lost the plot. I feel bad honestly, considering their assistant coach and Bryan Murray. They're not rational atm.

Remember Louis Slegher(spellcheck) a Nordique, sucker punched Habs defenseman Jean Hamel, Hamel lost his eye after looking the other way while locked in a scrum and Louis suckered him.

The next season, Slegher with the Bruins, the first shift of the first game, Robinson skates right down on a beeline to behind Bruins net, and forces Slegher to fight, creaming him in a few short seconds...

One of my favorite revenge stories, lol...

Habs need to stick to business, a couple quick goals tonight would go a long way to making the Sens go away.

If PK gets run, slashed or speared nobody is going to feel sorry for him either. He has opened himself up to that.

But hey plays like that happen. They get magnified when its the leading scorer in game one of the play offs. Sens see their chances shrink. If this was game 14 in November, not nearly as big a deal.

Remember Louis Slegher(spellcheck) a Nordique, sucker punched Habs defenseman Jean Hamel, Hamel lost his eye after looking the other way while locked in a scrum and Louis suckered him.

The next season, Slegher with the Bruins, the first shift of the first game, Robinson skates right down on a beeline to behind Bruins net, and forces Slegher to fight, creaming him in a few short seconds...

One of my favorite revenge stories, lol...

Habs need to stick to business, a couple quick goals tonight would go a long way to making the Sens go away.

Remember both altercations well. The Hamel knock out was the Good Friday brawl of 84.

"an eye for an eye will leave everyone blind.." - Gandhi

This may apply to everything other than an nhl game. Sens just may put the series out of reach by being stupid tonight. Go Habs Go

I definitely get that feeling where Ottawa is going to pull a Boston, get over emotional about winning the physical challenge and forgetting that the game is won on the scoreboard.

That was actually our problem in the 12-13 series.

With so much at stake, I think we have to stay focused, and play our game. This could all be a ploy just to sidetrack the boys. I doubt Stone is hurt at all..sure it's sore, but he'll be in there tonight. Their season depends on it..I mean really, will Hammond beat Price 4 of the next 5 games if they lose tonight? Not likely..so I expect them to come play hockey tonight, and we have to be ready for them

Guest Stogey24

With so much at stake, I think we have to stay focused, and play our game. This could all be a ploy just to sidetrack the boys. I doubt Stone is hurt at all..sure it's sore, but he'll be in there tonight. Their season depends on it..I mean really, will Hammond beat Price 4 of the next 5 games if they lose tonight? Not likely..so I expect them to come play hockey tonight, and we have to be ready for them

Anderson is going to draw in at some point in this series

We can't have it both ways, though.

I am not saying PK's timing was good, it wasn't. That's a horrible time to slash like that - with the ref right there, no puck nearby, and already killing a penalty.

However, in the first period, like all of this season and last, we were giving them free run at Carey Price.

I think PK's slash was a result of a change in policy, and it's a change I hope remains in effect: set up a perimeter around the crease. Anybody that gets too close to Price, make damn sure they'll be bloodied, in pain, and regret being there. Make anyone who gets within 3 feet of that crease pay for it and pay hard.

I am not saying PK's timing was good, it wasn't. That's a horrible time to slash like that - with the ref right there, no puck nearby, and already killing a penalty.

However, in the first period, like all of this season and last, we were giving them free run at Carey Price.

I think PK's slash was a result of a change in policy, and it's a change I hope remains in effect: set up a perimeter around the crease. Anybody that gets too close to Price, make damn sure they'll be bloodied, in pain, and regret being there. Make anyone who gets within 3 feet of that crease pay for it and pay hard.

The infinite scrums after the whistle would support this theory.

To me the slash was just your everyday average playoff hockey chop to the hands. It happens multiple times per game and usually either goes undetected or uncalled, but because it was away from the puck and Stone went down like he was shot, it was made a spectacle. There's no question that it hurt him, but also no question he played it up as well. Watch the replay and notice how the actual slash sent him one direction, and then when he realized it hurt, he spins totally the other direction to the ice. He was courageous though according to Murray, so courageous to continue playing and to throw punches at the end of the game. The Sens better focus on winning the game rather than retribution or their miracle run will come to an abrupt end.

To me the slash was just your everyday average playoff hockey chop to the hands. It happens multiple times per game and usually either goes undetected or uncalled, but because it was away from the puck and Stone went down like he was shot, it was made a spectacle. There's no question that it hurt him, but also no question he played it up as well. Watch the replay and notice how the actual slash sent him one direction, and then when he realized it hurt, he spins totally the other direction to the ice. He was courageous though according to Murray, so courageous to continue playing and to throw punches at the end of the game. The Sens better focus on winning the game rather than retribution or their miracle run will come to an abrupt end.

I agree 100% with this post.

Oh, I'm no defender of that slash, that's for sure.

But I totally support the idea of a 'cone of protection' around Price. The issue wasn't the idea, but rather its execution.