April 17 Game #2 Ottawa at Montreal

DON

There's a big 47 seconds left on that PP, it'd be really nice if the Habs scored there and ended it.

I wasn't a big fan of that third period from Montreal though. They sat back and didn't have anywhere near the same intensity as they did in the second. They need to pick that up for the OT.

OT prediction...

Smith-Pelly with the winner? He's had a solid game and deserves it.

That was a convenient turnover to give the Habs the puck to set up the goal. Hopefully that gets the monkey off Galchenyuk's back.

The series is far from over though. What's the old saying? You're never in trouble until you lose at home.

Chucky ends it. That's a shit that Hammond needs to have for the Sens. We are slowly chipping away at his confidence. Nice to be holding a 2-0 lead heading to Ottawa

There's a big 47 seconds left on that PP, it'd be really nice if the Habs scored there and ended it.

I wasn't a big fan of that third period from Montreal though. They sat back and didn't have anywhere near the same intensity as they did in the second. They need to pick that up for the OT.

I would say they did.

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!,

Half way drunk from one whole night of drinking cuba libre and long iceland icetea and then ice. I have ro start tomorrow with a bloody mary and continue the partying!

Big win!

Galchenyuk!!!

I think they stick with Hammond.. He was actually pretty good tonight. But all that pressure in Game 3...

C'mon Boys.. Go get it on Sunday!

Just finished up my bachelor degree and headed home to watch game 2 with my Dad. Couldn't ask for much better than a 3-2 OT win! Life is good.

Loved DSP, just for his scoring chances. I wish he could have buried a few but at least he's noticeable. Chucky rewarded for a nights worth of close calls too! Subby and Patches scoring tops it off.

So do they go to Anderson before it's too late?

I don't think they can, Anderson is still banged up, and hasn't played since January. They gotta go with the one who got you here. jmo

Just finished up my bachelor degree and headed home to watch game 2 with my Dad. Couldn't ask for much better than a 3-2 OT win! Life is good.

Loved DSP, just for his scoring chances. I wish he could have buried a few but at least he's noticeable. Chucky rewarded for a nights worth of close calls too! Subby and Patches scoring tops it off.

congrats on your degree.

Great

Subban: Absolutely dominant. Pacioretty is the favourite to get the C but man, if he ain't a captain he's sure the man in the front of the line leading the charge into battle. Reminded me of Game 6 and 7 against the Bruins.

Price: He had the Sens frustrated. Their two goals weren't the greatest goals ever scored on him but he didn't cough anything up.

Fourth line: They didn't score again but there were two, maybe three sequences where they killed a minute in the Senators zone and allowed the top nine to catch their breath in a fast paced game. Absolute warriors.

Bad

Gilbert: The only guy who really stood out on defence as a guy who probably shouldn't be there. If this was a loss, I'd be hoping Pateryn got a shot next game. Gilbert will likely stay.

Ugly

End of period: We dominated for 45 minutes of that game. The 15 minutes we didn't were the end of the first, second and third periods (third we had a PP but it wasn't very good). We ran the Senators into the ground and made them eat their own ice shavings but once we got to the end of the period the lines were gassed, hemmed in their corners and lost all of the goodwill they created from the rest of the period. We mostly played a good game and again made Hammond look human. We hit hard, we didn't get too undisciplined and controlled the game tempo for the most part. But we were dead tired at the end of the first and that's why Ottawa scored and we're lucky they didn't do the same in the second when we were out of gas again.

Other Observations

I pretty much predicted the goals on us. Prior to it, our play got really sloppy. I don't feel Ottawa has scored on us when we're on our game. They've only scored on us when we get caught. If we go into Ottawa and play our game, minimize the errors and expose their defence? We could end the series in Ottawa. If we get sloppy on the road? We'll go back to Montreal.

So much to love in that game. PK scoring a huge goal to stick it to the Sens and their crybaby fans, Max coming back and scoring right away, Galchenyuk getting the winner to get his confidence up for games to come, absolute proof that Stone was faking and the Sens were playing politics...

Only things I hated were the pointless penalty by Emelin and the play of Gilbert. We could be better on draws, I suppose, if you want to nitpick.

All in all, we outplayed the Sens for most of the game and deserved to win by more than 1 goal.

Watch Subban's goal again.

Watch Hammond on that goal.

Okay, i'm not saying the goal was soft. I don't think Hammond was stopping it no matter what he did.

But watch him again. Watch his reaction to the shot.

Why would a goalie try to duck out of the way of a shot? Shouldn't his natural instinct be to get in the way? The only thing I can think of is he might have ducked in the worry that it went off the crossbar and didn't want it bouncing off the back of his head into the net -- but he didn't have time to think that. I really think he tried to duck out of the way of Subban's shot. Which... seems very wrong.