April 19 Game #3 Montreal at Ottawa

DON

Can the Habs keep the pressure on and avoid any letdown?

I like seeing Galchenyuk/Pelly with 7 shots each and Gallagher with 10.

Will Markov be in the kissing mood once again?

I assume will be same lineup for Habs.

GHG

If Ottawa plays a rusty Anderson I'll crack up.

The problem for Ottawa is their defence. It's atrocious. Montreal gets in their zone and sets up whatever they want to. We get into their crease and only suffer physicality. We don't get stopped, we just get hit.

Price has been solid but he hasn't been impenetrable. Ottawa could have stolen a game. Instead they go back to Ottawa down 2-0 and now need to deal with Price ready to steal a game. Montreal knows Ottawa is going to give their all. This is the game they lose their cool. We need to get them slipping.

• Upvote 1

WOW! I'm shocked that Hammy doesn't get the start in front of his home crowd. He pretty much carried the team to the playoffs and now the first game at home he is out.

Score early on Anderson! Early and Often.

Go Habs GO

I liked Gilbert a lot in Game One. I don't remember him one way or the other from Game Two. He's not great, but like Desharnais, is irrationally hated by some posters on here, and is more useful to the team than the haters would have us believe.

I don't understand pulling Hammond. He was mediocre in Game One but seemed perfectly solid to me in Game Two. The loss was in no way his fault. This seems like a desperation move by the coach. Still, after two years ago I do NOT under-estimate Anderson.

Every game in a series is big, but I really, really want the Habs to put the Sens away tonight. Snuff out any hope of a 'miracle comeback' here and now.

He stinks. A good game for him is when he is not really noticed at all.

He was not that bad. We only gave two goals in the last game. The defense played all right. I would not blame anybody. Maybe Emelin for his penalty.

He was not that bad. We only gave two goals in the last game. The defense played all right. I would not blame anybody. Maybe Emelin for his penalty.

The D as a whole has been very strong so far in this series IMHO.

Guest Stogey24

They're really grasping for straws with Neil and Anderson.

Yup, to me it shows weakness putting these guys in.

If Anderson shits the bed tonight and gives up 5, then what? You go back to Hammond? Cameron is really putting himself in a corner

I liked Gilbert a lot in Game One. I don't remember him one way or the other from Game Two. He's not great, but like Desharnais, is irrationally hated by some posters on here, and is more useful to the team than the haters would have us believe.

I don't understand pulling Hammond. He was mediocre in Game One but seemed perfectly solid to me in Game Two. The loss was in no way his fault. This seems like a desperation move by the coach. Still, after two years ago I do NOT under-estimate Anderson.

Every game in a series is big, but I really, really want the Habs to put the Sens away tonight. Snuff out any hope of a 'miracle comeback' here and now.

Talking about Hammond, José Théodore analyzed his play on the three goals the other night and it was very interesting. On Pax's goal, he stayed low in his crease and obviously hesitated between going butterfly and staying up. Théo said that you can't hesitate like he did because you give too many good openings to the shooter. He also observed that Hammond had the opportunity to freeze the puck and failed to do it. Inexperience, according to him. On Subban's slapshot, Hammond should have gone out of this crease. He stayed too low once again. It was a good shot, but it was also the only play available to Subban. Hammond played it too defensively. On Chucky's goal, Hammond too low in his crease again. All in all, three shots that could be stopped.

"blame" no blaming. We won. But i have watched him all season. Does he stink every game? No. Most games? Yes

Yup, to me it shows weakness putting these guys in.

If Anderson shits the bed tonight and gives up 5, then what? You go back to Hammond? Cameron is really putting himself in a corner

Shake things up is all.

Talking about Hammond, José Théodore analyzed his play on the three goals the other night and it was very interesting. On Pax's goal, he stayed low in his crease and obviously hesitated between going butterfly and staying up. Théo said that you can't hesitate like he did because you give too many good openings to the shooter. He also observed that Hammond had the opportunity to freeze the puck and failed to do it. Inexperience, according to him. On Subban's slapshot, Hammond should have gone out of this crease. He stayed too low once again. It was a good shot, but it was also the only play available to Subban. Hammond played it too defensively. On Chucky's goal, Hammond too low in his crease again. All in all, three shots that could be stopped.

Yep.

Well Theodore would know, those are the same things that did him in.

Well Theodore would know, those are the same things that did him in.

Ha ha...'do as I say, not as I did,' eh?

I always thought it was striking that José's game disintegrated at the same time as the NHL stepped up drug testing. No proof, just a stark correlation.

Guest Stogey24

Parenteau is available to play tonight but won't be in the lineup barring an injury in the warmup.

Really eh. I'd personally rather him be in.

Career playoff offense of couple top d;

McDonagh 0.42pts/gm

Keith 0.58

Karlsson 0.68

Yandle 0.724

Subban 0.73pts/gm

(am sure there may be some better, but PK is pretty good playoff producer.)

That Yandle pickup may have been the best one at the deadline.

Not sure what to predict for this game in all honesty. I personally dislike facing Anderson more than Hammond but I wouldn't be surprised to see him let in 3 stoppable pucks in himself on the other hand. Keeping the game close will be key. If we do that or blow them out ourselves, we can do it. Winning at home hasn't been the easiest thing in the playoffs lately so I'm glad we pulled out two W's at the Bell.

Got fingers crossed that Habs dont come out flat, stand around, hope are much more disciplined, simply skate away from Neil, stay out of post whistle BS and shoot lots on Anderson.

I think his last time out he simply stunk it up? :nuts:

Anderson was great the last time he faced Habs in the playoffs. He has not since been able to play to that level. Plus he is rusty. I think the sens are screwed.