Series Discussion Thread: Montreal vs Tampa Bay

dlbalr

Honestly, we're a lot better off targeting Yakupov than any of these guys. Yes, there is some risk, but there's also the possibility of acquiring a cornerstone piece for a decade to come.

I was just reading a blog from an Edmonton writer who states that Nail was 100% better after the coaching change, he and Eakins had real problems. He also pointed out that Nail has had 4 coaches since he has been in the league, not very good for a developing star. We may have missed our chance to pick him up if he is turning it around in Edmonchuck.

We may have missed our chance to pick him up if he is turning it around in Edmonchuck.

That would imply that there was a chance. There has been no indication at any time that MacTavish (or before him, Tambellini) had any interest in moving Yakupov. Earlier this offseason, MacTavish told Yakupov he wasn't going to be dealt this coming summer. (Of course, he's not the one making that decision now but at no point was Yakupov readily available so the Habs can't have missed their chance since there really wasn't ever one to begin with.)

As for Kovalchuk, that's likely not happening any time soon. For him to be eligible to return for next season, all 30 teams must sign off on him returning to the league. I can't see that happening. If that doesn't happen, he's ineligible until the 2018-19 season unless he sits out a full calendar year from hockey altogether which I also don't see happening. He'll be back at some point but not for a few more years.

That would imply that there was a chance. There has been no indication at any time that MacTavish (or before him, Tambellini) had any interest in moving Yakupov. Earlier this offseason, MacTavish told Yakupov he wasn't going to be dealt this coming summer. (Of course, he's not the one making that decision now but at no point was Yakupov readily available so the Habs can't have missed their chance since there really wasn't ever one to begin with.)

To clarify my comment, the only way there would have been a chance is when he was doing poorly, if he turns it on and plays well there is no chance.

With Calgary now out, they've finally set a game time for tomorrow - it's a 7:30 PM EST puck drop.

Too bad about Calgary, we are once again the last standing Canadian team. :canada:

• Upvote 1

Bad news for Tampa Callahan is out. Emergency appendectomy.

hopefully his loss won't become a rallying point for the bolts.

I would imagine that Drouin draws in for Callahan. Callahan has been rather quiet this series but I haven't been looking for him either.

If anything, I hope that I haven't seen Callahan because he hasn't made any glaring errors. Maybe a younger, less experienced Drouin will be easier to expose.

Does it matter? Has Callahan even done anything this series? :blush:

I would imagine that Drouin draws in for Callahan. Callahan has been rather quiet this series but I haven't been looking for him either.

If anything, I hope that I haven't seen Callahan because he hasn't made any glaring errors. Maybe a younger, less experienced Drouin will be easier to expose.

Tampa's team +/- this playoffs balances out to an even 0.

Callahan makes up the biggest + for the bolts at +7 in 12 games. Drouin is a -4 in 3 games.

I'm not convinced +/- is a particularly useful statistic, but overall, swapping Callahan for Drouin is a -11 goal differential for the Bolts. I have to think that's a significant change.

• Upvote 1

Has this ever been done in pro sports before? Talk about a minor league organization. Jeez, Fla residents only can buy tickets and no Habs Jerseys allowed?

How is that allowed by the league? As a Canadian Hockey player, I would be embarrassed to play for them tonight. SteveStamkos, sorry your folks can't come tonight, lmao. They announce this before game 5, so they knew as an organization they were going to loose game 5.

Stay classy TB, just a bit insecure eh.

Maybe Montreal needs to do that for Ontario residents and Leaf jerseys at Belle Centre! :bonk:

Has this ever been done in pro sports before? Talk about a minor league organization. Jeez, Fla residents only can buy tickets and no Habs Jerseys allowed?

How is that allowed by the league?

Quite a few teams place location restrictions on ticket purchases. Ottawa did that last round. There are a couple of other teams who do this too.

Here

Pathetic

The team is denying the report that no Montreal jerseys are allowed in the entire arena. There are, however, a few Lightning-only sections of the rink where this would come into play.

Guest Stogey24

The justification is that "season ticket holders don't want to come to games and sit near fans of the opposite teams."

What kind of crybaby BS is that?

Ya, there's something wit dem' people from Florida ;)