May 3rd - Game 2 - Bolts vs Habs, 6 PM

dlbalr

the PK started brilliantly, but there are only so many stupid bonehead penalties you can kill.

I've never said that Eller is the answer. What i've said all along, its that given our choices at centres, Eller is the much better answer, but has never gotten a chance to play with the best wingers.

Posted a comment thinking you said PP, not PK.

Guest Stogey24

Yeah, the PK was incredibly strong in the first. But only if you are playing the Montreal Canadiens can you be expected to kill off and endless parade of random penalties unscathed.

Eller has impressed me with his solid all-around play in these playoffs, but offensively he remains a complete and utter MEH. It's just not worth getting agitated about him not being played with Patches. He won't do any better than DD from the blueline in. He's a third line C and that's it.

No he's stapled to the role of a 3rd line centres.

No he's stapled to the role of a 3rd line centres.

Oh. I guess I just missed all his dazzling offensive plays, then. :rolleyes: Crazy of us to stick Sidney Crosby in a bottom-6 role.

2 points in 7 playoff games...27 and 26 points in his last two seasons, playing sheltered minutes...whoa, the guy just DAZZLES with his offensive gifts.

WHEN are people FINALLY going to accept that Lars Eller is what he is. A decent two-way guy who gets hot offensively about two weeks per season.

It's like Galchenyuk - another wee little darling who can never do anything wrong for so many posters on here. No matter how many years they play, nothing is ever these poor widdle players' fault.

Guest Stogey24

Oh. I guess I just missed all his dazzling offensive plays, then. :rolleyes: Crazy of us to stick Sidney Crosby in a bottom-6 role.

2 points in 7 playoff games...27 and 26 points in his last two seasons, playing sheltered minutes...whoa, the guy just DAZZLES with his offensive gifts.

WHEN are people FINALLY going to accept that Lars Eller is what he is. A decent two-way guy who gets hot offensively about two weeks per season.

It's like Galchenyuk - another wee little darling who can never do anything wrong for so many posters on here. No matter how many years they play, nothing is ever these poor widdle players' fault.

ya, I heard you the 30 other times you've posted the exact same thing

how many penalties have our role players taken tonight???? this is friggin ridiculous!!

Well, unlike some, I got fed up of playing Waiting for Lars. Let me give away the play's punch-line: Godot never shows up

how many penalties have our role players taken tonight???? this is friggin ridiculous!!

I'm impressed you're still watching! Look, this game is a wash, the players have given up, it's a mess, nothing is going to go right. All you can do is regroup and try to at least salvage some dignity with a strong all-around effort in Game Three.

This is so often what happens when you outplay a team and still lose Game One. Your margin of error vanishes and if something goes wrong in Game Two, it's Goodnight Irene.

Guest Stogey24

Well, unlike some, I got fed up of playing Waiting for Lars. Let me give away the play's punch-line: Godot never shows up

Give him a solid stint with Pacioretty and top PP time. If then he does nothing, its case closed.

I'm impressed you're still watching! Look, this game is a wash, the players have given up, it's a mess, nothing is going to go right. All you can do is regroup and try to at least salvage some dignity with a strong all-around effort in Game Three.

This is so often what happens when you outplay a team and still lose Game One. Your margin of error vanishes and if something goes wrong in Game Two, it's Goodnight Irene.

Thats right. All about getting a big road win in game 3.

why is price even still in the net in a game like this???

Habs really shit the bed on this one.... I figured they were screwed when Tampa beat Detroit, but this game is pathetic...

zero offence. No PP. Tampa has got their PP going so game and probably series over.

While we really needed another sniper, our top players are invisible.

read all comments since page 1: I feel like so many of you are demoralized because you weren't condifent about this team going into game 1 of the playoffs

the real questions lie around the trade deadline:

IMO:

I) Plex's days are numbered as a CH [doesnt come up big enough when it matters]

II) Parenteau for Briere was a horrible trade from the get-go

III) Powerplay has become way too 'Subban Oriented'

IV) This organization doesn't believe in a proven playoff veteran like Gonchar [not like Gilbert has done a whole lot...he is worse than Brisebois]

V) **I think MT needs to shake the PP up (like i stated last round...put Subban on high left circle for the umbrella)

VI) MB not getting a difference making player at the deadline

Next game is a must win..firmly believe they will get the job done...but will bishop have lady luck beside him again..law of averages says no.

GO :habslogo: GO

Pleks is a problem, he is a top 6 guy with no offense to speak of in the playoffs. Granted he isn't the only problem.

At least they scored twice. That's more than the last 4 games minus an empty netter.

It's a response to 90% of this forum complaining about dd and plex as though there is a proven Centre being held back. It's not the case. Eller and chuck are in the spots they earned. The entire forum whines about dd and plex

Plek definetly isn't the problem. There is just too many grinders on this team

100% agree. Our GM was a bottom pair guy and i think he over-values similar players and isn't willing to pay the price for the skilled scorer we desperately need.

Plex would be a great 2nd line centre - if we had a bonafide 1st line centre. having said that, if we can pry a couple of good young players from Edmonton as part of a package for Plex, i'd do it in a heart beat. Deal would probably help both teams. Plex+Pateryn +1st for Yakapov+Dreisitl+2nd

Plek definetly isn't the problem. There is just too many grinders on this team

You're right, he isn't a problem...he's a major problem! Maybe if he had some grind it would go a long way. the problem is he's a wuss that doesnt enter dirty zones in the 2nd season....

See what happens when DD dosent play!!! :nuts:

we score one more goal than when he does play???