May 3rd - Game 2 - Bolts vs Habs, 6 PM

dlbalr

Prust has not helped the team tonight... He needs to get his head out of his ass.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets a suspension for the elbow pad toss. He 'only' got 10-minute and game misconducts (not a match penalty) but it seems likely some sort of supplemental discipline will be coming - you can't do nothing when a player deliberately throws equipment at an opposing player and any sort of double-misconduct call is likely to get a hearing.

Plek definetly isn't the problem. There is just too many grinders on this team

And about 11 #6 defencemen.

See what happens when DD dosent play!!! :nuts:

I knew someone was going to jump on that, it would have been me but you beat me to it.

Deal would probably help both teams. Plex+Pateryn +1st for Yakapov+Dreisitl+2nd

Trading two top-5 picks and a high 2nd for a late 1st, a top-six guy with one year left on his deal (I can't see Plekanec staying as a 3rd line C long-term in EDM), and a depth blueliner is good for Edmonton?

It'll be interesting to see if he gets a suspension for the elbow pad toss. He 'only' got 10-minute and game misconducts (not a match penalty) but it seems likely some sort of supplemental discipline will be coming - you can't do nothing when a player deliberately throws equipment at an opposing player and any sort of double-misconduct call is likely to get a hearing.

if he did get suspended i wouldn't really care. He pretty much set the tone with his lack of discipline. I can't in good concious say he didn't deserve the extra penalty for continuously trying to take coburn off with him, when i complained that there was no call on Marchant for doing the same to the Sedins.

Trading two top-5 picks and a high 2nd for a late 1st, a top-six guy with one year left on his deal (I can't see Plekanec staying as a 3rd line C long-term in EDM), and a depth blueliner is good for Edmonton?

Throw in Prust and Gilbert. isn't that the type of deal Chiarelli makes? Quality for quantity?

The good news is tomorrow the sun will come up and we will all be calm. (maybe) probably hung over.

i won't be calm until we win the next friggin game!

Plek definetly isn't the problem. There is just too many grinders on this team

nobody said he is THE problem, matter of fact there is no THE problem....its not a car that wont start, where you ask what seems to be THE problem

Tinkering and retooling talk is for summer time. Right now its about trying to put a new spin on this series with a big road win in game 3.

Learning and losing, and coming back from a slaughter, and regrouping will all be a part of making the players better. We'll need those experiences when we are playing in the finals some day soon I hope. After Therrien is gone and DD and Pleks have done the way of Georges and Gionta. Gilbert is a memory.

But for now they have to dig down and get back in the series. Lets see how they challenge them selves. Ottawa did not roll over when we were up 3-0. But it is up the the players, MT is as useless as can be at this point, he's got nothing.

Cooper got his power play going tonight. Four forwards he went with. Imagine that, trying new set ups.

if he did get suspended i wouldn't really care. He pretty much set the tone with his lack of discipline. I can't in good concious say he didn't deserve the extra penalty for continuously trying to take coburn off with him, when i complained that there was no call on Marchant for doing the same to the Sedins.

I think Canucksworld is 6 stories beneath?

nobody said he is THE problem, matter of fact there is no THE problem....its not a car that wont start, where you ask what seems to be THE problem

Tinkering and retooling talk is for summer time. Right now its about trying to put a new spin on this series with a big road win in game 3.

Learning and losing, and coming back from a slaughter, and regrouping will all be a part of making the players better. We'll need those experiences when we are playing in the finals some day soon I hope. After Therrien is gone and DD and Pleks have done the way of Georges and Gionta. Gilbert is a memory.

But for now they have to dig down and get back in the series. Lets see how they challenges them selves. Ottawa did not roll over when we were up 3-0.

But i have little faith in adjusting to the lightnings play the way the sens did with us. Habs do not have the strategic ciaching smarts for that. Therrien will juggles lines till wednesday. To him THAT IS adjusting.

Wise words. The fact is, we can outplay these guys by a fair margin. Game Three will have to see us going back to those strong fundamentals. And for pity's sake, scoring something on the PP.

Gee whiz, what a depressing game.

#BabcockYUL

Ha ha, and I guarantee Babcock would JUMP at the chance to coach this team. A perfect soft landing for him.

While I'm not the MT hater many around here are, I would have huge respect for Bergevin for having the utter ruthlessness to can a good coach in the name of an upgrade. Doubt it'll happen, though - he's too old-school to stab guys in the guts like that - and it's probably impossible with Geoff "We Can Only Hire Bilingual Coaches" Molson breathing down his neck.

In looking up my Stat of the Night for the HW 3 Stars, I thought I'd look back at what happened the last time Price allowed 6 in a game. He got hurt the next time out. Here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself there.

Guest Stogey24

100% agree. Our GM was a bottom pair guy and i think he over-values similar players and isn't willing to pay the price for the skilled scorer we desperately need.

Plex would be a great 2nd line centre - if we had a bonafide 1st line centre. having said that, if we can pry a couple of good young players from Edmonton as part of a package for Plex, i'd do it in a heart beat. Deal would probably help both teams. Plex+Pateryn +1st for Yakapov+Dreisitl+2nd

I've thought about that Bergevin comment before too

Guest Stogey24

Oh boy...Prust ran his mouth after the game in a big way. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse.

lol, can only imagine

-2 major misses by flynn especially the 1 on the pk that would of blown the roof off the bell...

-galchenyuk confidence is at 0 right now

- the PP only matters when the PK fails.... check and mate.

- wanna fix the PP??? take subban off it...

-enter gonchar?

• Upvote 1

-2 major misses by flynn especially the 1 on the pk that would of blown the roof off the bell...

-galchenyuk confidence is at 0 right now

- the PP only matters when the PK fails.... check and mate.

- wanna fix the PP??? take subban off it...

-enter gonchar?

Nice thoughts. It's funny, I also had the idea that removing PK from the PP might, perversely, help things. If nothing else, it might mean that Pacioretty actually touches the puck at some point during the damned power play.

Gonchar? I'm tempted to say yes. I know people worry (rightly) about his foot-speed, but his guile is capable of compensating for that, especially for limited periods of time.

Nice thoughts. It's funny, I also had the idea that removing PK from the PP might, perversely, help things. If nothing else, it might mean that Pacioretty actually touches the puck at some point during the damned power play.

Gonchar? I'm tempted to say yes. I know people worry (rightly) about his foot-speed, but his guile is capable of compensating for that, especially for limited periods of time.

Funny isnt it, your 75 million dollar leading offensive D, with the norris trophy and rocket shot needs to be taken off the powerplay in hopes of getting it to score more.

or here is an idea..............get a smarter better coach.

Funny isnt it, your 75 million dollar leading offensive D, with the norris trophy and rocket shot needs to be taken off the powerplay in hopes of getting it to score more.

or here is an idea..............get a smarter better coach.

Ha! Well, I'm all for a better power-play coach, anyway.

The reason for the bizarre suggestion of taking PK off the PP is that the ENTIRE power-play is driven 100% by the monomaniacal idea of setting up his one-timer. It's ridiculous, predictable, and, ultimately, all too easy to defend against. PK is a beast, but if he had the capacity to beat goalies single-handedly with his point-shot on that automatic a basis, he wouldn't be a 15-goal scorer; he'd be a 40-goal scorer. Heck, just to get a 20% success rate on the power play, Subban would have to score 65.6 goals over 82 games (assuming 4 PP per game). Any fool can see that's a crazy stratagem.

I'm sure the coaches have tried to tell the players to do other things. But somehow they keep coming back to the one, failed trick - it's as though their awe of Subban's shot has them all hypnotized or something.

Ha! Well, I'm all for a better power-play coach, anyway.

The reason for the bizarre suggestion of taking PK off the PP is that the ENTIRE power-play is driven 100% by the monomaniacal idea of setting up his one-timer. It's ridiculous, predictable, and, ultimately, all too easy to defend against. PK is a beast, but if he had the capacity to beat goalies single-handedly with his point-shot on that automatic a basis, he wouldn't be a 15-goal scorer; he'd be a 40-goal scorer. Heck, just to get a 20% success rate on the power play, Subban would have to score 65.6 goals over 82 games (assuming 4 PP per game). Any fool can see that's a crazy stratagem.

I'm sure the coaches have tried to tell the players to do other things. But somehow they keep coming back to the one, failed trick - it's as though their awe of Subban's shot has them all hypnotized or something.

Nah, PK has a great shot but he did not invent it. Macinnins, Chara, Weber, Souray, Bourque i could go on and on......granted none of them did hulk hogan type celebrations when they scored with it. PK added that. But i do not think his shot or his hot dogging is hypnotizing his own players. ha!

Coach is in charge of getting the special teams in shape. Period. Therrien cant do it. His specialty is speaking french and english and shuffling lines.

that's what you want for a guy who is supposed to be a leader, that will get us a lot of calls next game.

I liked Flynn tonight. But i really wouldn't have selected anyone as a star tonight.