Fire Bergevin

I'm 100% on board with firing this asshat.  Overpaid for Price, failed to deal for a center, lost the spark-plug of our offense last season (Rad)...useless motherf**kcer!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

The bottom line in all of this is that the team at the end of this season was short on scoring. Adding Drouin would be a win if radulov stays on the team. If radulov signs elsewhere, you just gave up your only high end prospect in your entire system and did not fill a hole in the top 6.

Yeah. This is what needs to be kept in mind. It's easy to lose the forest for the trees, focusing on each deal in isolation. Heck, that's probably what MB is counting on. But his summer moves will need to be judged as an overall, inter-related package. Sergy for Drouin is a defensible move. Sergy + Radu + Markov for Drouin, not so much. 

1 minute ago, Habsfan1989 said:

Does Mac have a plan or does he just write names on the wall and throw darts at them???

I don't think he has a plan at all at this point. It's all about playing Whack-A-Mole with roster holes.

Guest Stogey24

This team is in shambles. I know that sounds extreme,  but this team is in trouble. Our g.m is lost at sea. Pretty scary 

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

This team is in shambles. I know that sounds extreme,  but this team is in trouble. Our g.m is lost at sea. Pretty scary 

If we had good talent in the system,  everything would look different. Since we don't, I'm with you. I'm calling himn Whack-a-Mole Bergevin from here on out.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If we had good talent in the system,  everything would look different. Since we don't, I'm with you. I'm calling himn Whack-a-Mole Bergevin from here on out.

There's nothing there. Our best prospect is juulsen 

In his 5 years here he hasn't developed one single player that has made it to the nhl full time. As a result he has backed himself into a corner.  He can't make a trade because he has no nhl ready prospects to trade. If this team runs into injury trouble we are done.

i hate to say it but his only option now is Galchenyuk and Gallagher. So don't be surprised if these 2 get traded.

In his 5 years here he hasn't developed one single player that has made it to the nhl full time. As a result he has backed himself into a corner.  He can't make a trade because he has no nhl ready prospects to trade. If this team runs into injury trouble we are done.

i hate to say it but his only option now is Galchenyuk and Gallagher. So don't be surprised if these 2 get traded.

I've been expecting a galchenyuk trade since January.  We've seen last year what this Mgmt team does with players they don't see eye to eye with - regardless how talented they are, or if they are the best on the team

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, kaos said:

Ok. I'll jump onboard. Hemsky in, Radulov out? WTF? 

Fire the asshole

Radulov is a RW and so is Hemsky. Radulov wanted more $ or simply wanted to sign elsewhere.

You would fire Bergy because he didn't offer more $ or term to him eh?

• Upvote 1

Just now, DON said:

Radulov is a RW and so is Hemsky. Radulov wanted more $ or simply wanted to sign elsewhere.

You would fire Bergy because he didn't offer more $ or term to him eh?

Oh, is see, so since both are RW, you think that hemsky is an adequate replacement for radulov?????

5 minutes ago, Habsfan1989 said:

I would be ok if we had young guys ready to make the jump full time to the nhl. So we don't have to over speed on ageing ufa. But we don't. That's the part that gets me mad.

This from the gm committed to build through the draft

I would be ok if we had young guys ready to make the jump full time to the nhl. So we don't have to over speed on ageing ufa. But we don't. That's the part that gets me mad.

That's my view as well. I could handle and even support many of MB's Whack-A-Mole moves IF it were a question of patching up holes while we wait for the young guns to come onstream. But there are no young guns in the system. The future will likely be an increasingly desperate game of Whack-A-Mole, pretty much non-stop, until that happy day when MB is finally fired.

As for those 'trees versus forest' fans who defend individual moves in isolation (e.g., "well, I'm glad he didn't overpay for Radulov"), they're forgetting that the aim is to improve the team overall - because last year's team was significantly short of bona-fide elite contender status, mostly due to popgun offence. It doesn't matter if he loses Radu and Markov IF he upgrades on what they bring with some sort of other moves. But right now he has lost Sergachev, Radulov, and Markov, and brought in Alzner, Drouin and (HA HA) Hemsky. That sure doesn't seem like a recipe for vaulting the club into Cup contention to me. I know, I know, it's "tough" to achieve that goal. I don't care how tough it is. I don't need any more excuses from that excuse machine. His only damned JOB was to take a strong core and turn it into a Cup-calibre squad. Period.

Absolutely shocked he couldn't close the deal on Radulov. He should have been signed before the season ended. One word for this guy, Putz!!!

To those complaining about Radulov leaving for Dallas: What is it you would have done to ensure he signed in Montreal? 

You realize that Radulov has the choice to go wherever he wants right? You realize that Bergevin offered him a contract right? 

Did you want him to pay even more per season and for longer term? And even if he did, the same people would complain that he overpaid. The man can do no right to some around here. 

I say screw Radulov for not accepting the deal with the Habs

• Upvote 1

I'm reading more and more how Bergy really did screw this one up. Offerred the same as Dallas too late, some reports saying his offer didn't have full detail in it, like when bonuses etc would be paid. I'm not sure about the sources, but I'm a firm believer of the smoke-fire theory.

• Upvote 1

The will have a snowballing effect on the entire Canadians roster. 

Montreal depth at centre will be exposed. It's not unreasonable to expect to see Danault regress now that his wingers won't be Radulov and Pacioretty. 

Right wing doesn't look as fearsome with  Gallagher, Byron/Shaw & Hemsky vs Radulov, Gallagher, Byron/Shaw.

They are putting massive amount of pressure on Lehkonen, Gallagher, Byron and Drouin to step up their games since they have to make up 18 goals and 30+ assists.