The Drive to Stay Alive...and score multiple goals - Habs vs Lightning, Game 4

dlbalr

You're joking right? They haven't changed the way they played all series. They just scored this time. Habs have owned all but 40 minutes of the whole series. They just couldn't bury their chances

Yes you are right. Although chucky looked way more offensive tonight with 6 shots, Eller with 6 shots. Markov sneaking in back dooring bishop on the first goal and Petry looked to gambling more and got on the points board for the first time. Yes they played the same type of game, but they were better at it without a doubt. First game of the series where the play of Markov was not ripped and questioned.

Thats right. Looked like with nothing to lose because it 3-0 the boys just tuned out Therrien and played loose and offensive minded.

You're joking right? They haven't changed the way they played all series. They just scored this time. Habs have owned all but 40 minutes of the whole series. They just couldn't bury their chances

Exactly.

Yes you are right. Although chucky looked way more offensive tonight with 6 shots, Eller with 6 shots. Markov sneaking in back dooring bishop on the first goal and Petry looked to gambling more and got on the points board for the first time. Yes they played the same type of game, but they were better at it without a doubt. First game of the series where the play of Markov was not ripped and questioned.

yes were actually scoring and chucky today decided to pass the puck and take the puck to the net.... markov's back door was vintage... like fine wine, hopefully he's saved his best for last.

Yes for Price to steal game 5 the way he stole game 6 in Ottawa

lets hope we can chase bishop again tomorrow and price can steal game 6 ;)

hmmm, what happened when we made Baluga-goalie move laterally? Maybe MT caught my vibes I was throwing out to the universe haha

my thoughts exactly...

didn't petry already score in this series? i think game 2... chucky did step up tonight, but we need to see way more from him if were gonna win 4 in row

hmmm, what happened when we made Baluga-goalie move laterally? Maybe MT caught my vibes I was throwing out to the universe haha

markov and subby might have.............

didn't petry already score in this series? i think game 2... chucky did step up tonight, but we need to see way more from him if were gonna win 4 in row

Yes you are right, he did bag one that put us up 1-0 .

and seems the old general has just a little more diesel left in that rusty old tank... thank God cause he's still my favourite d-man..

as for the PP.. did anyone else notice we scored? and in doing so we had a lefty on the right boards a righty the left boards and a 2 righties at the point.... all 4 perimeter players with the proper sticks to make cross ice plays, proper one timers, move the puck fluidly and be dangerous in all 4 corners of the offensive zone. next step is now a stable player that can get in front of the net and retrieve pucks, rebounds.. yay after 92 hockey games

Guest Stogey24

Parenteau had a better game, had a beauty pass that ended up leading to Prust goal. He had another nice one too. Hopefully he gets going

Bishop is a reasonably good NHL goalie, he is no Carey Price. He has had incredible luck against the Habs. We may have seen his luck come to an end. I hope we see him exposed for what he really is, a goalie with a suspect glove and average to poor positioning. He is very big , so if you shoot at him, you have good chance of hitting him. If you shoot at the corners, you will score. We could still win this series if the boys keep playing 60 minutes a game. Not 59 minutes and 50 seconds only 60 will do. Now let's get back to Montreal and get another 6 goals. :habslogo:

Why does everyone always say goalies have good luck against the habs? The habs were bottom 4 in the league in offense, that would mean every goalie in the league has "good luck" against the habs including several AHL goalies who beat them this year.

Bishop and Tampa are really good, you don't beat someone 8 out 9 by luck. That's domination.

Bishop isn't really good. His numbers throughout his career are relatively average other than last year. He's alright but there's no denying his numbers skyrocket against the habs so I wouldn't consider his play against us as being the norm. That's nobody's fault but ours though so I wouldn't call him lucky either. I was driving around last night thinking about Desharnais' softie and it came to mind that Bishop is another Michael Leighton in my eyes, at least in the playoffs. Let's just forget what the score was in that series.

Why does everyone always say goalies have good luck against the habs? The habs were bottom 4 in the league in offense, that would mean every goalie in the league has "good luck" against the habs including several AHL goalies who beat them this year.

Bishop and Tampa are really good, you don't beat someone 8 out 9 by luck. That's domination.

Ya know there is always one team that has your number, lately it has been Bishop, before it Marty f'ing Brodeur (he actually was great). So I call it luck, cause no other goalie had the Habs number like he did. He just ain't that good. He may never win another game against us. It is just the hockey gods having a laugh. :) Our non offence problems are not related to Bishop, they are related to a lack of offensive scorers and a lack of offensive coaching. Both things that can be fixed. :habslogo:

How about Andy friigin moog. We were about the only team he could beat.

Ya know there is always one team that has your number, lately it has been Bishop, before it Marty f'ing Brodeur (he actually was great). So I call it luck, cause no other goalie had the Habs number like he did. He just ain't that good. He may never win another game against us. It is just the hockey gods having a laugh. :) Our non offence problems are not related to Bishop, they are related to a lack of offensive scorers and a lack of offensive coaching. Both things that can be fixed. :habslogo:

How about Andy friigin moog. We were about the only team he could beat.

He was a Habs killer that got killed by the Penguins. He was still a very good goalie who put up solid regular season numbers. His worst season came when he had problems with the Bruins head coach and his father died. Back when I was a kid before I learned to hate the Bruins (93-94) some of my favourite non-Habs were Bruins like Moog, Oates, Bourque and Juneau.

The fact that this Habs team has been stoned by Craig Anderson, Henrik Lundqvist, AND Ben Bishop suggests that it's the Habs that are the independent variable here.

But - this is not the time for negativity! The floodgates have opened - so go Habs go!!!

The fact that this Habs team has been stoned by Craig Anderson, Henrik Lundqvist, AND Ben Bishop suggests that it's the Habs that are the independent variable here.

But - this is not the time for negativity! The floodgates have opened - so go Habs go!!!

If they're up a goal or two halfway through the second, the Lightning will realize it's a series.

But there's no doubt about it, the horseshoe has left the building.

He was a Habs killer that got killed by the Penguins. He was still a very good goalie who put up solid regular season numbers. His worst season came when he had problems with the Bruins head coach and his father died. Back when I was a kid before I learned to hate the Bruins (93-94) some of my favourite non-Habs were Bruins like Moog, Oates, Bourque and Juneau.

I remember back when Gretzky and the oilers beat the habs in the playoffs. I think it was back in the #1 vs #16 and i was around 11 years old and was listening to the game on the French CBC, since back than, the local games (calgary) were the televised. I just new the basic words, "il Laans, el le but" (He shoots, he scores), bel arai (which i think means good save/great save). I had no friggin idea who Moog was, but all i kept on hearing was Andy Moog, which was pronounced as "Handy Moog", so i figured, "Handy' was a french word for "Great". IT wasn't later that i learned his friggin first name was Andy, that the announcer was pronouncing as "Handy".

Anyways, between Gretzky supplanting Lafleur as the best player in the game and that playoff series, I hated Gretzky and the Oilers and it was a long time until i learned to respect Gretzky.

I remember back when Gretzky and the oilers beat the habs in the playoffs. I think it was back in the #1 vs #16 and i was around 11 years old and was listening to the game on the French CBC, since back than, the local games (calgary) were the televised. I just new the basic words, "il Laans, el le but" (He shoots, he scores), bel arai (which i think means good save/great save). I had no friggin idea who Moog was, but all i kept on hearing was Andy Moog, which was pronounced as "Handy Moog", so i figured, "Handy' was a french word for "Great". IT wasn't later that i learned his friggin first name was Andy, that the announcer was pronouncing as "Handy".

Anyways, between Gretzky supplanting Lafleur as the best player in the game and that playoff series, I hated Gretzky and the Oilers and it was a long time until i learned to respect Gretzky.

Hahaha. I had the same problem with the Oilers. Lafleur is my favorite therefore I must hate Gretzky.

Hahaha. I had the same problem with the Oilers. Lafleur is my favorite therefore I must hate Gretzky.

yeah you can put me in that group as well. It wasn't until weiner went LA that I began to think of him as a great player.

Chris you pessimist. 8 out of 9? We won 4 str8 last season, now they had 8, so we win 4, even. No domination. Get it?

Good goalies don't find themselves staring at the ice spread eagle. He has next to zero lateral movement, has problems finding rebounds in his feet. Has a slow glove hand. He is big and covers net. My buddy Sam Moon did that for years at the other end of the rink from me. Sammy is huge, but can't move either. Still covers the net. That is all Ben Bishop is, big. Wait him out, move a little to his left and snap it home.

Henrik Lundqvist is one of the best goalies in the league and has been for a decade.

Craig Anderson in 2012-2013 posted a 1.69 GAA and a .941 save percentage in 24 games in the regular season. That was the goalie that stoned us back then. You look at his career stints and he's the type of goalie who puts together 10 games of brilliant, top of the league performances and then always seems to come back crashing to earth either by injury or he just falters.

Ben Bishop was nominated for a Vezina trophy before Price was.

These are very good goaltenders. This isn't like a few years back when we were getting beaten by Philly's back-up and kept fearing French Canadian backup goalies. These are some of the best in the crease on a good day. Let's not forget that going into the Rangers series the Habs were positive because Lundqvist's worst career performances were at the Bell Centre. He stepped up in the playoffs.