The Drive to Stay Alive...and score multiple goals - Habs vs Lightning, Game 4

dlbalr

Galchenyuk and Pacioretty came out big tonight.

Respect to the bolts fans they have stayed. Joe Louis Arena would be empty.

Ya.. they lost. No hockey! :blush:

I really liked the CBC commentary which was very positive tonight. We just whupped TB good. And we did it playing the same game but with even more determination. And I think we realized a bit that you can't just think about sound defence and not making mistakes, but that you can think about sound offence and making plays.

My only regret is that Price couldn't keep them blanked, really get in their heads. But teams almost always give up a couple when they've got a lead that obese.

GREAT WIN. This team has deserved better all series and FINALLY got rewarded. Tampa was not ready - the footage on Cherry's segment really showed that! - and we made 'em pay.

The odds remain ridiculously long, but this team has had that tendency to rattle of wins in bunches after a slump. With the floodgates opened and the last change at home, well...tout est possible! :halm:

The playoffs are soooo much more fun when you have hope ;)

Amen mon frere.

I was at the Boca Middle school production of Shrek. I just got in, did I miss anything?!

Hahahaha!

As PK says postgame.. "I think we've been outplaying them all series long , we just didn't get the bounces."{

I think that's true.

My only regret is that Price couldn't keep them blanked, really get in their heads. But teams almost always give up a couple when they've got a lead that obese.

I kind of prefer they did give up a couple. Price still hasn't stolen one this series. I'd rather he pitch a shutout (or close to one) when it's really needed and not 'waste' a high-end outing when the offence puts up 6.

Great game tonight, almost everyone played well. Galchenyuk in particular stood out in a good way, that was his best game in quite a while.

My stat of the night: All 18 Montreal skaters had at least one shot on goal.

As PK says postgame.. "I think we've been outplaying them all series long , we just didn't get the bounces."{

I think that's true.

Absolutely true! Shoulda been 3-1 now for us.

Goodnight, boobies worked

I kind of prefer they did give up a couple. Price still hasn't stolen one this series. I'd rather he pitch a shutout (or close to one) when it's really needed and not 'waste' a high-end outing when the offence puts up 6.

Great game tonight, almost everyone played well. Galchenyuk in particular stood out in a good way, that was his best game in quite a while.

My stat of the night: All 18 Montreal skaters had at least one shot on goal.

Hey..that' s cool

THis was the kind of win we needed. Hopefully Price can steal one on Saturday and that flopper Bishop is rattled!!!

I am a bit worried about the refs. They let a lot of BS go.

No lie. I've seen 90 games this year with the Habs and Panthers. She's had it, and when I told her i'd be watching a 3-0 series all hell broke lose.

The kids very good.

Hahahahah! The sacrifices one makes for the team... youdaman!

Absolutely true! Shoulda been 3-1 now for us.

Goodnight, boobies worked

Excellent pairings!!

Ya.. they lost. No hockey! :blush:

I really liked the CBC commentary which was very positive tonight. We just whupped TB good. And we did it playing the same game but with even more determination. And I think we realized a bit that you can't just think about sound defence and not making mistakes, but that you can think about sound offence and making plays.

Thats right. Looked like with nothing to lose because it 3-0 the boys just tuned out Therrien and played loose and offensive minded.

Thats right. Looked like with nothing to lose because it 3-0 the boys just tuned out Therrien and played loose and offensive minded.

You're joking right? They haven't changed the way they played all series. They just scored this time. Habs have owned all but 40 minutes of the whole series. They just couldn't bury their chances

You're joking right? They haven't changed the way they played all series. They just scored this time. Habs have owned all but 40 minutes of the whole series. They just couldn't bury their chances

Yep. Even the media started to recognize this once their love-fest for TB subsided after Game One.

Habs have to just keep playing the same damned way they have all series (except for those 40 minutes). The breaks are starting to come. If Price can be at his best, why, we just may have a series here.

Saturday night in the Bell Center + Ben Bishop = Game 6

Though if he's the real deal, he'll bounce back.

We're going to learn a lot about Ben Bishop Saturday.

I'll be attending. I hope that they saved some goals for Saturday !!! :gohabsgo:

I'm with you. Therien did a great job , brilliantly not changing a thing. He showed the confidence they needed to see and had a right to expect after all the great play. Two goalposts in the last game. 18 minutes with no TB shots. Great play. No matter what happens I"m really glad they're going home. Subban was very upbeat stating that he thought they'd outplayed them every game. He was right.

Prior to tonight, the last time 6 different people scored for the habs in a single playoff game was 1992. How does that happen in this series?

No lie. I've seen 90 games this year with the Habs and Panthers. She's had it, and when I told her i'd be watching a 3-0 series all hell broke lose.

The kids very good.

I also have some issues watching games. My wife has been pretty good considering that most games start at 2:30am in Qatar. We had some friction in game 2 when( after staying up to watch the game with me) she referred to Stamkos score as "a beautiful goal" and I yelled at her that "there is no such thing as a beautiful goal against Montreal"!!

For some reason, she also gets annoyed when I wake my son up for games on school nights and complains of getting jolted awake at 4:00am to screams of "He Scores!!!!" (although that last one hasn't been that much of a problem this series.

Sacrifices must be made

• Upvote 1

That was the beached whale I was talking about in the game 3 thread. Nice to see Bishop showing his true colours. Big slow whale, keep him trying to go lateral.