Torrey Mitchell re-signed

kaos

I'm honestly of the opinion that Mitchell makes a little too much for what he accomplishes and has a little too long of a term for a guy who hasn't proven much in the NHL.

But I'm also looking at how good he can be to the locker room, how he'll ensure we don't throw some 20 year old kid onto the fourth line again to be burned every night on the road, how passionate he is as a local kid to finally be a Hab, how he's not that old and he has a lot of quality skills.

By the third year he'll probably ride the pine and be in the press box a lot, but it's not that big of a deal. It's a bigger deal when guys like Parenteau are scratched for me.

I think Torrey Mitchell is a good fit for the club and $1.2M on the cap for the next three years is the least of our worries.

When you say a little, he is under the average nhl salary. I mean he would make 550,000 as a complete fork up so he makes 100 grand or 300 grand too much, it is not like he is breaking the bank. And I totally agree with your post.

Yes seems is really splitting hairs over contract being too big, it is quite low risk I think. What is worst that could happen, he dosent get his 5-to -8 goals?

Quite fine with it. Came up big for us in the post-season, right handed shot, important on the faceoffs to replace Malhotra.

Prust: $2.5M

Mitchell: $1.2M

Weise: $1.025M

De La Rose: $0.925M

Smith-Pelly: $0.800M

Flynn: RFA, will likely make less than Mitchell

= $6.45M-$7.25M for six of our 14 forwards. Pretty good pricing for our bottom six. When you consider that our top line (Patches-Plek-Gally) only costs us $13.25M for 87 goals. It's everything in the middle (second line + Eller) that needs some work.

Unless we make some significant trades/signings/buy-out's we're looking at:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Parenteau

De La Rose - Eller - Smith-Pelly/Weise

Prust - Mitchell - Flynn/Weise

That front line up will do ok as long as price stands on his head again.

Won three play off rounds in last three seasons. Cant score , cant win.

That front line up will do ok as long as price stands on his head again.

Won three play off rounds in last three seasons. Cant score , cant win.

So has Tampa Bay. Guess we're as good as they are.

You may as well say we've won three playoff rounds in the last FOUR seasons. Or five, for that matter. What a ridiculous rhetorical ploy to make things seem worse than they are.

We went to the Conference Finals two years ago and bowed out in Round Two this year. Hey, guess what? Teams lose before they win. We're close. The question is how we can take that extra step.

• Upvote 1

Yes seems is really splitting hairs over contract being too big, it is quite low risk I think. What is worst that could happen, he dosent get his 5-to -8 goals?

Or he only out points pleks by a point in the play offs again.

So has Tampa Bay. Guess we're as good as they are.

You may as well say we've won three playoff rounds in the last FOUR seasons. Or five, for that matter. What a ridiculous rhetorical ploy to make things seem worse than they are.

We went to the Conference Finals two years ago and bowed out in Round Two this year. Hey, guess what? Teams lose before they win. We're close. The question is how we can take that extra step.

Get rid of Therrien for starters.

Habs go as far as Carey Price takes them............ fact.

Just a reminder that Price ended this series with a 43 saves shutout while the Habs took 19 shots at the net, including an empty netter...

Hmmm I beg to differ. Price got out-played by Anderson in round 1 but we still beat the Sens?

Anderson missed the first two games. (both hab wins) Hamburgler let in some real softies.

Carey won game 6 all by himself.