2015 Draft Weekend

dlbalr

Matt Bradley eh, WHL centre

See one mock drafter had him 137th

5"11 188lber

71gms 17g 40pts , 2a in 10playoff games this year...bit underwhelming

He is from Surray and Juulson also "lower mainland" BCer

126th ranked North American skater...again Hmm?

An all-around energy type of player. The Habs like those types of players in the draft. I've updated the Day 2 post with a couple of scouting reports.

They also like trading for them. And signing them as free agents.

But you can't "all-around energy" the puck into the net.

I have two guys left for 177 from my pre-draft picks - Tyson Baillie and Nick Azar. I don't have much confidence that either gets picked here now.

Isles pick a Chinese guy, something you don't see every day.

What I meant when I wrote "Pro" was something else. American are more well behaved. The know what to say, they know how to behave. Take one of my countrys most beloved athlete Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He was immature, egoistic but loaded with talent as a youngster. He even spoke of himself in third person!

Now, he one of the worlds best. The one that saw the talent and didn't let the other spoil it are considered heroes today.

Just listen to Connor McDavid. He sound like a pro. Media-trained. Used to journalist. Some europeans aren't. Like Kylington and I'm shocked that he slipped to 60th. It's true he sometimes makes dumb moves in his backend, but he always go for the offensive option. That's why he's spectacular. Like Subban in a way.

I guess the future will show, but my bet is that Calgary will be a better team in a few years.

19g 47pt from Brampton

6' 182lber

mid-term rank 127 (N.A. skater)

6g 10pt in 6 playoff games this year must of put him on radar?

SO;

4 CHLers

2 d-men, one LH one RH

2 centres

1 LW

more trivial stuff; average wt 184lb, 2- 5'11", 3 - 6'-6'2"

What I meant when I wrote "Pro" was something else. American are more well behaved. The know what to say, they know how to behave. Take one of my countrys most beloved athlete Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He was immature, egoistic but loaded with talent as a youngster. He even spoke of himself in third person!

Now, he one of the worlds best. The one that saw the talent and didn't let the other spoil it are considered heroes today.

Just listen to Connor McDavid. He sound like a pro. Media-trained. Used to journalist. Some europeans aren't. Like Kylington and I'm shocked that he slipped to 60th. It's true he sometimes makes dumb moves in his backend, but he always go for the offensive option. That's why he's spectacular. Like Subban in a way.

I guess the future will show, but my bet is that Calgary will be a better team in a few years.

Interesting comments ch_nl. 18 y.o. is still very young. Might be a steal for the Flames

Here's the final write up on today's picks: http://www.habsworld.net/2015/06/day-2-of-the-2015-draft/

Thank you Brian !

• Upvote 1

Pretty hard to give them a grade; seems average for picks they had - C

Merkley would of been my choice in 1st, but Juulsen seems fine, rest who knows?

Juulsen definitely the pick of the draft as expected. A little disappointed, but not much as expectations weren't high for this few draft pick and even fewer high pick year. Unfortunate we didn't get anything resembling a steal though. Merkley in the first would have given me that feel. switch Juulsen for Merkley and Matthew Bradley for Ryan Pilon (both available options) and we have a dynamic 5'11 RW top 10 skill pick (merkley) instead of a meh 5'11 maybe (Bradley) and a seemingly close wash-up with Juulsen & Pilon (Both 50 point 6'2 WHL defenders.)

• Upvote 1

He means other GMs are so scared to get fleeced by Bergevin, that they duck him.

Its sad but once get that reputation, hard to break it. :nuts:

Me like Snow's choices:
Barzal, Beauvillier, Vande Sompel, Wotherspoon, Pilon + Chinese dude and a Swede d-man. Well done for Islanders seems.

Pilon 147th pick? wonder why, bad interviews/attitude?

- Reinhart of course, but maybe he wasn't panning out? I thought he went a bit too early in draft at 4 (but I thought same about Hedman).

OIlers take; McDavid, 4d-men & 1goalie in the draft and add Reinhart and Talbot, seems smart.

(Oilers own Edmonton's WHL team he played for for 3-4 years I think, so Reinhart kinda just coming back home.)