Habs re-sign Flynn

Habsfan84

The Habs have announced that they have re-signed Brian Flynn to a 2 year contact.

I assume it will be quite cheap. Still waiting on details. This should come as a surprise to no one. Makes for a decent 13th forward.

I like Flynn, cheap deal, and a fast guy...

Nothing against Flynn. But just another depth signing in a long line of depth signings and acquisitions by MB.

I'm tired of picking up more peas. Let's go after the meat and potatoes and add more sizzle to this team.

Nothing against Flynn. But just another depth signing in a long line of depth signings and acquisitions by MB.

I'm tired of picking up more peas. Let's go after the meat and potatoes and add more sizzle to this team.

Sure, but you do need to have guys in your bottom-6.

Also, Petry was a significant acquisition. It's funny, this narrative that says "MB never does anything major" - it requires overlooking Petry and Vanek, at the very least.

Not overlooking Petry. Talkin about the offence. Both vanek and Ryder were low risk stop Gaps. At some point you need to make a move and go all in with a player that is a need.

I'm still waiting for that big bold move to his stamp on the team. Treiliving did at the draft for Calgary, Murray's made a couple of being moves, Nill has been active in shaping the stars. We need MB to make the move that gets us over the hump.

Sure, but you do need to have guys in your bottom-6.

Also, Petry was a significant acquisition. It's funny, this narrative that says "MB never does anything major" - it requires overlooking Petry and Vanek, at the very least.

Not overlooking Petry. Talkin about the offence. Both vanek and Ryder were low risk stop Gaps. At some point you need to make a move and go all in with a player that is a need.

I'm still waiting for that big bold move to his stamp on the team. Treiliving did at the draft for Calgary, Murray's made a couple of being moves, Nill has been active in shaping the stars. We need MB to make the move that gets us over the hump.

Fair enough. Personally, I prefer the question of whether the Habs are getting better to whether MB is making a "high risk move" that "puts his stamp on the team." The former formulation allows for the possibility that incremental improvement could get us over the hump.

• Upvote 1